CU Loses On Concealed Carry

06 Mar 2012 07:57 #21 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic CU Loses On Concealed Carry
Well, I guess I'm pretty insecure. I have fire extinguishers in my house...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2012 08:06 #22 by FredHayek

plaidvillain wrote: Soo the news said the 30 year ban against CCW at CU was eliminated...so CCW did win out. Personally, not a huge issue to me...not sure CCW will really change much of anything at CU.

I still don't understand why fear dictates every moment of the conservative's life. If you can't leave the house without being locked and loaded, you've got some serious insecurities. I know, I know...it's your right to be a chicken and constantly afraid of the big bad world...I guess being confident and assured I can manage daily life without mechanized fire power means I'll never "get it". Well, I guess its good that guns can help the less secure manage to cope with their fears.

Do you have fire insurance? I do, and have never needed it. According to your criteria, my insecure fear is costing me hundreds of dollars.
When I was young, I spent a lot of money on health insurance I never used, stupid to have it? Maybe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Mar 2012 08:08 #23 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic CU Loses On Concealed Carry

plaidvillain wrote:
I still don't understand why fear dictates every moment of the conservative's life.

You may know a few conservatives where this is true, I've never met one including myself. How did you become such an expert on what conservatives think....message boards? Talk about ignorant generalizations...sheesh.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2012 08:09 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic CU Loses On Concealed Carry

plaidvillain wrote:
I still don't understand why fear dictates every moment of the conservative's life.

You may know a few conservatives where this is true, I've never met one including myself. How did you become such an expert on what conservatives think....message boards? Talk about ignorant generalizations...sheesh.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2012 08:15 #25 by cydl
...and then there's all that time I've spent training to administer CPR...could have been doing something more useful with that paranoia. Like cleaning the house. Wait! That must be insecurity too! I'm afraid someone will show up and I have a dirty house!

06 Mar 2012 08:24 #26 by FredHayek
Sidebar: isn't it amazing the different things that scare people? For example I repsect guns, but they don't scare me, but power tools do. My wife is scared of grasshoppers, would probably drive off the road if one was hopping around in her car, but rats don't bother her.

06 Mar 2012 08:47 #27 by cydl
It is amazing! My husband is deathly afraid of lightening. We got caught in a lightening storm once in the Kremmling area. I thought it was beautiful - pinks and greens and blues lit up the sky. The Lord & Master was in a fetal position on the floor of the passenger seat!

06 Mar 2012 08:54 #28 by Nobody that matters
CU won. They fought evil weapons like good optimistic rose colored glass wearin' anti-gun people should so they kept that faction of the student body happy.

They didn't fight hard enough to win so they kept the gun totin realists happy.

Whoever was running this case for CU was freakin brilliant.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

06 Mar 2012 08:56 #29 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic CU Loses On Concealed Carry
Well, Fred, I'm with your wife on the grasshoppers (and crickets). But that's not why I carry.

06 Mar 2012 09:10 #30 by FredHayek

2wlady wrote: Well, Fred, I'm with your wife on the grasshoppers (and crickets). But that's not why I carry.

:thumbsup: Snakeshot loads are very effective against grasshoppers, but they are hard to lead, not exactly smooth flying like a duck.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds