The Go Nowhere Generation

13 Mar 2012 10:55 #31 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic The Go Nowhere Generation

FredHayek wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Actually as the Baby boomers start retiring, jobs should be opening up for Generation Y.

Yeah, jobs with low pay and no benifits..Its gonna be a great life

But less people competing for those jobs, so we might get a wage increase.

Unions are how we got wage increases after ww2 and unions created the middle class..And unions are the only way we are gonna bring it back..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2012 11:27 #32 by BearMtnHIB

Vice Lord wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: Hey VL- if you want to do better than you have been doing.......

You could get a JOB!!

Try the Bowling Alley.

My dad was a pilot for United Airlines but he was career Air Force so he started late in life..He was making $500 month as a DC-8 engineer when he was 40 so I grew up semi poor....I remember some of my friends parents working at gas stations and department stores and they had good lives..They owned homes, they coached little league baseball, they had boats, nice cars and did things on weekends..As I look around I see people with no lives, people losing thier homes and struggeling just to tread water..Struggeling just to keep the heat and electricity on..

Things have changed and i'm old enough to know better

I hope you do realize that there are several real reasons why our standard of living has been erroded- and will continue to errode.

Most of those reasons can be placed at the foot of our government. The contunied massive spending is erroding the value of the dollar making everything more expensive. Taxes and regulations at all levels of government keep ratcheting the bolts on the middle class- they keep adding them every year- every year they invent new reasons why we need 400 new laws in Colorado. Every year they invent new reasons why they need more of our money. Every year they invent new excuses for raising this fee and that fee.

Regulations make it harder to do business - squeezing away the profit, forcing business to find cheaper labor and ways to do more with less people. Every year government takes our money and fails to spend it in the most effective way- allocating money where it does not do the most good for the most people.

If you are really worried about this trend- join with me and others- and start advocating for smaller government and less taxes- this is the only way to stop the trouble that the middle class is facing. If you really care about our standard of living- then help to do somthing about it.

Our dollar has been de-valued by over 40% just since Obama took office!

40%! What do you think that will do to the middle class?

13 Mar 2012 11:32 #33 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic The Go Nowhere Generation
In my field, starting annual salaries are double what they were in the 80's So is min. wage.

This "flat wages" talking point is a bit over-stated.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Mar 2012 14:28 #34 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic The Go Nowhere Generation
In my field, salaries have remained the same for 25 years, depending on years of experience. No union involved. Oh, and plenty of jobs in "my field" have gone to India to "save" money, but it costs more because the Americans have to fix the crap the Indians have produced.

Many of the companies who sent work overseas in my field are bringing it back to the States, but the flat wages are a thing of the past. The wages are dropping, while the workload goes up for the employees. When I hear or read that employers are "streamlining" their work so they can use fewer employees, I get a really good belly laugh. The only thing that happens is that employees have more work and fewer hours of time off the job.

13 Mar 2012 14:35 #35 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Go Nowhere Generation

Vice Lord wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Actually as the Baby boomers start retiring, jobs should be opening up for Generation Y.

Unions are how we got wage increases after ww2 and unions created the middle class..And unions are the only way we are gonna bring it back..

It might also have been due to our global competitors having to rebuild after WWII. If you are the only guy left with a strong industrial base, you can charge more, plus trickle down the extra money to your workers.

What happens when the unions come back and the owners move their businesses overseas where the markets are expanding like Asia?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Mar 2012 17:02 #36 by LOL
But wait.....

It gets worse.

Research shows teens in no hurry to get drivers licenses either. WTF?

I could see if you lived in a metro area with good public transit or even a 50cc scooter.
I guess times are changin. ??? I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation. ughhh.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/sto ... 53536474/1

The frantic rush to get a license at 16 — once a staple in American adolescence — is disappearing as Internet access and stiffening driving rules have led teens to wait longer to beg for the keys.

"Kids can entertain themselves completely at home," Hart said. "People aren't going to the movies as much. People haven't been going to arcades. If I didn't have a computer or have a cellphone, I would definitely push myself more to get a license to go out and do things."

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Mar 2012 17:25 - 14 Mar 2012 17:28 #37 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote: ??? I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation. ughhh.

Ok grandpaw...of all the things to complain about in this world..

14 Mar 2012 17:27 #38 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

It might also have been due to our global competitors having to rebuild after WWII. If you are the only guy left with a strong industrial base, you can charge more, plus trickle down the extra money to your workers.

What happens when the unions come back and the owners move their businesses overseas where the markets are expanding like Asia?

I got news for ya- We don't build anything here anymore- They factories are ALL gone..I'm gonna organize Mcdonalds, Subway and Walmart workers...Were gonna organize the service industry- Try ordering a Big Mac from China- By the time it gets here its cold, they gotta make it here

14 Mar 2012 17:34 #39 by LOL

Vice Lord wrote:

Joe wrote: ??? I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation. ughhh.

Ok grandpaw...of all the things to complain about in this world..

I'm serious. When I was in High school, I had a license, a car I bought myself and paid for the insurance, and I got "early release" permission from the school to leave at 2pm to go to my job at the gas station. I didn't ride the bus home and play video games.

How can you function without a drivers license? WTF

14 Mar 2012 17:39 #40 by UNDER MODERATION

BearMtnHIB wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: Hey VL- if you want to do better than you have been doing.......

You could get a JOB!!

Try the Bowling Alley.

My dad was a pilot for United Airlines but he was career Air Force so he started late in life..He was making $500 month as a DC-8 engineer when he was 40 so I grew up semi poor....I remember some of my friends parents working at gas stations and department stores and they had good lives..They owned homes, they coached little league baseball, they had boats, nice cars and did things on weekends..As I look around I see people with no lives, people losing thier homes and struggeling just to tread water..Struggeling just to keep the heat and electricity on..

Things have changed and i'm old enough to know better

I hope you do realize that there are several real reasons why our standard of living has been erroded- and will continue to errode.

Most of those reasons can be placed at the foot of our government. The contunied massive spending is erroding the value of the dollar making everything more expensive. Taxes and regulations at all levels of government keep ratcheting the bolts on the middle class- they keep adding them every year- every year they invent new reasons why we need 400 new laws in Colorado. Every year they invent new reasons why they need more of our money. Every year they invent new excuses for raising this fee and that fee.

Regulations make it harder to do business - squeezing away the profit, forcing business to find cheaper labor and ways to do more with less people. Every year government takes our money and fails to spend it in the most effective way- allocating money where it does not do the most good for the most people.

If you are really worried about this trend- join with me and others- and start advocating for smaller government and less taxes- this is the only way to stop the trouble that the middle class is facing. If you really care about our standard of living- then help to do somthing about it.

Our dollar has been de-valued by over 40% just since Obama took office!

40%! What do you think that will do to the middle class?

Hey dumbass- It was NAFTA- Not over regulation..Give me a f-ing break. Back before NAFTA if a pair of shoes cost $20 to make in America, and $2 to make with with prison labor in China, China had to pay an $18 tarriff when they imported the shoe..You really want American workers to try to compete with 3rd world slave wages? They wont, they can't. If we worked for $2/hour it would be too much- You f-ing morons are so clueless that its hard to even talk to you-

And here comes the "and guess who signed NAFTA" Yeah..we all know- They are all corporate whores..Obama, Clinton, the Bush's, everyone in Congress....and you tardos act like it makes a difference who's in office..

Campaign finance reform - It solves literally every problem

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds