Ted Nugent - Motor(mouth) City MADman?

19 Apr 2012 16:57 #41 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote: He is a great role model for today's kids

I believe you can tell a lot about a person by who he chooses as a hero/role model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2012 17:07 #42 by Kate

BearMtnHIB wrote: A 17 year old that he married-sorry but again- you're definition of pedofilia didn't fly with me.

Feel free to keep spreading your propaganda though.

Draft evasion is a term that refers to an intentional failure to comply with the military conscription policies of one's nation. Nugent did comply with the military conscription policies - and he was rejected.

Big difference.

And a 17 year old - that's not pedofilia.

You liberals will stoop to any level- there are plenty in your own ranks who are real draft dodgers- and real child molesters...

Shall we start a list just for propaganda?

Seriously? The man said that he faked mental illness to keep from being drafted. That's draft dodging. Do you still want to defend this man?

19 Apr 2012 17:30 #43 by BearMtnHIB
I'm not defending him- and I know what you lefties are trying to do- discredit him because you disagree with his political views.

Nugent has more than made up for a few indiscretions in his past.

He donates much of his time these days to charity and to kids;

Ted Nugent Kamp for kids was founded by Ted in 1990. The primary goal is to get kids out of the malls and off the streets, away form drugs and crime, into the woods and in touch with the natural healing powers of the wild. It's where we belong, and the best place to teach a child morals and ethics, and out roll as caring humans in life's cycles to manage and respect the wild life around us.

Kamp sessions are a three-day-weekend, outdoor class-format adventure. Each child, age 11 to 15, is to show proper archery shooting skills, learns hunters safety and ethics, survival skills, and participates in hands-on nature studies and a nature walk. As always TED will make an appearance to present the kids an upbeat pro-hunting, anti-drug lecture and musical performance.

Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and more particularly:

To establish, to maintain, and to operate a summer camp for youth, emphasizing nature appreciation, woodloar, wildlife habits, conservation, archery instruction and hunter safety education.

To work with anti-drug programs to provide young people with a healthy, positive alternative to illicit drug use by promoting the ethical and responsible utilization of our natural resources.

To organize groups, emphasizing young people, to assist with conservation projects such as habitat preservation, tree plantings, and stream clean-ups.

To promote awareness, education, and implementation of wildlife conservation practices through proper habitat and management principals.

Now that's probably more than most of you liberals do for kids.

In fact I know it is!

19 Apr 2012 17:34 #44 by swampfish
Ted Nugent was following Hawaiian law in order to marry this girl:

"Hawaii:

To marry, males and females must be at least 16 years of age. Males and females under 18 must have written consent from both parents, legal guardians or family court. Males and females at age 15 may marry with the written consent of both parents or legal guardian and the written approval of the judge of the family court."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

Hey - in New Hampshire a girl can be 13 and a young fellow 14 - and it's legal to marry. You guys jumping on the morals bandwagon - where were you when Oblahblah lied about his citizenship to get more money as a 'foreign student' on his college apps? And that's just the tip of the iceberg with that one.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

19 Apr 2012 17:39 #45 by BearMtnHIB
Ted Nugent and his wife also run and support a few other charities....

Here is another one that they are involved in;

Freedom's Angels

Recognizing the tremendous sacrifice military members and their families make for America, Freedom's Angels is a non-profit charitable foundation dedicated to enhancing the lives of America's military and their families.

Statement from Shemane Nugent, Freedom's Angels Founder:

I have such respect for our military and their families and feel that while they are fighting for my freedom, I should be doing something to give back to them. Whether it is building recreational facilities at military hospitals, donating leisure services like health club memberships and massages to their spouses, or revitalizing play areas for military children, I want to help and bring awareness to the great things our service members do for others.

Our first project is to build a patio at Brook Army Medical Center in San Antonio, which will shade burned service members from direct sunlight. I had the honorable occasion to visit the facility when Ted played acoustic guitar for about 50 of the most severely burned as well as amputees.

Talk about tough. I can't even express in words what I saw. There were young men and women with unimaginable injuries - several whose bandages covered the majority of their bodies so that you could only see their eyes. During my visit I spoke to a mother who told me that her son, as well as many of the other burn patients cannot be exposed to direct sunlight - meaning they can't even go outside for some fresh air. But if they had a patio they could 'once again enjoy the outdoors and maybe see some smiles on their faces'. Without hesitation I told her I would raise the money build them a patio.

It was the inspiration from wanting to take on the patio project that made me realize there is so much more I can do, and Freedom's Angels was born.

19 Apr 2012 17:40 #46 by Kate

BearMtnHIB wrote: I'm not defending him- and I know what you lefties are trying to do- discredit him because you disagree with his political views.

Nugent has more than made up for a few indiscretions in his past.

He donates much of his time these days to charity and to kids;

Ted Nugent Kamp for kids was founded by Ted in 1990. The primary goal is to get kids out of the malls and off the streets, away form drugs and crime, into the woods and in touch with the natural healing powers of the wild. It's where we belong, and the best place to teach a child morals and ethics, and out roll as caring humans in life's cycles to manage and respect the wild life around us.

Kamp sessions are a three-day-weekend, outdoor class-format adventure. Each child, age 11 to 15, is to show proper archery shooting skills, learns hunters safety and ethics, survival skills, and participates in hands-on nature studies and a nature walk. As always TED will make an appearance to present the kids an upbeat pro-hunting, anti-drug lecture and musical performance.

Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and more particularly:

To establish, to maintain, and to operate a summer camp for youth, emphasizing nature appreciation, woodloar, wildlife habits, conservation, archery instruction and hunter safety education.

To work with anti-drug programs to provide young people with a healthy, positive alternative to illicit drug use by promoting the ethical and responsible utilization of our natural resources.

To organize groups, emphasizing young people, to assist with conservation projects such as habitat preservation, tree plantings, and stream clean-ups.

To promote awareness, education, and implementation of wildlife conservation practices through proper habitat and management principals.

Now that's probably more than most of you liberals do for kids.

In fact I know it is!

The fact is, you don't know. But that's beside the point.

The point here is that you seem to think it was okay to lie to the draft board in order to dodge serving in the military. I think that might be because you agree with Nugent's politics, but I can let you clarify that.

19 Apr 2012 17:42 #47 by swampfish
[/quote]
Seriously? The man said that he faked mental illness to keep from being drafted. That's draft dodging. Do you still want to defend this man?[/quote]

I think a conscious decision to dedicate your life to playing rock and roll instead of fighting in a war you don't believe in is an educated decision. Frankly, if we ever enter into a genuine war where America has to actually defend itself against foes of freedom and liberty I have absolutely no doubt that Ted Nugent will be leading the pack of warriors. In a way, he's doing that now - stateside, unarmed, and with a whole lot of resonance.

I can't remember the last time our nation got involved in a war that was actually about defending America. Ted was right then, and he's right now. Ironically, outside of the Armed Forces, in this country there aren't a lot of men left with as much testosterone as Ted Nugent. It's really too bad.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

19 Apr 2012 17:46 #48 by FredHayek
Bruce Springsteen dodged the draft in a similar way. I don't hold it against them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Apr 2012 17:47 - 19 Apr 2012 17:51 #49 by BearMtnHIB
Ted Nugent is also very involved in the USO.

His wife is a Master degreed nutritionist and the two have written several books on natural foods and wild game.

My favorite is "kill it and grill it", A Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish: Ted Nugent, Shemane Nugent:

And P.S. His wife is hot! I'd take her over a man hating liberal any day.

19 Apr 2012 17:49 #50 by Kate

FredHayek wrote: Bruce Springsteen dodged the draft in a similar way. I don't hold it against them.

Are you saying that draft dodging is acceptable?

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds