Ted Nugent - Motor(mouth) City MADman?

18 Apr 2012 17:36 #1 by plaidvillain
Just wondering what my neighbors think of Ted's recent comments and threats? Is a secret service interview out of line? Of course he has freedom of speech, but threats towards the President is a crime, right? Do you think he's off his rocker?...do you agree with him?...is he just trying to get his name in the news?

Was there ever really a time when people could amicably and respectfully "agree to disagree" on politics in this nation?

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=721986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2012 19:03 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Ted for president.

18 Apr 2012 19:21 #3 by FredHayek
Depends on how you interpersonal his comments. Maybe ted would be in jail just because he was frustrated and did a silly crime like robbing a liquor store. Secret Service is talking to him.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Apr 2012 19:48 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
He is no more a criminal than what we have in office now.

18 Apr 2012 19:57 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I think he is behaving ridiculously and dangerously. We do not need this kind of hate talk. Somehow this nation needs to figure out how to come back together to get things done instead of this type of intentional macho smack talk.

18 Apr 2012 20:29 #6 by otisptoadwater
Ted has been contacted by the SS (pun intended). Anyone who understands what a metaphor is can see right through the accusation that he made any credible threats against Obama.

Frankly I think Obama has far more serious threats to worry about from extremists that are actively seeking opportunities to do him and his family bodily harm. I am curious to know what the Secret Service has uncovered by way of domestic threats to the current POTUS and why nothing noteworthy has surfaced in the press so far.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

18 Apr 2012 21:04 #7 by Rick

plaidvillain wrote: Just wondering what my neighbors think of Ted's recent comments and threats? Is a secret service interview out of line? Of course he has freedom of speech, but threats towards the President is a crime, right? Do you think he's off his rocker?...do you agree with him?...is he just trying to get his name in the news?

Was there ever really a time when people could amicably and respectfully "agree to disagree" on politics in this nation?

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=721986

I understand your outrage but it is selective...much like most of the media and much like on this very board. The media will pounce on a guy like Nugent who has a history of being outspoken but then when it comes to other people who are not on the right, they turn a blind eye for the most part.

Did you happen to read or hear this quote yet?

“You want to be leaders, right, you’re sure, you’re sure,” he said. “You better check yourself because leadership is nothing to play with because people tomorrow maybe in a few days are going to kill their leaders who’ve been selling them out. That’s why we’re in the shape that we’re in right now because we have corrupt people or people who started off good and got corrupted.”

This guy happens to be a black leader, but if he was white, would you not expect the MSM to come unglued? Imagine if Rush said this...your head would explode.

And as for respectful debate, you also turn a blind eye to the crap spewed from your side on this board. So if you're going to whine about the hateful rhetoric, at least be consistent and challenge those on your side to take the high road...otherwise your words and concerns mean squat.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Apr 2012 21:10 #8 by Martin Ent Inc
BO is a racist.

18 Apr 2012 21:17 #9 by archer
Your post sounds a lot like what liberals have been posting bill. The conservatives on this board ignore the hateful posts from their own side, yet jump all over anything posted by a liberal. So is there anyway we can bridge the gap and get each side to see the behavior of those they agree with as equally hateful as the other side? Will we ever agree that slinging angry words at each other will never accomplish anything? Yeah, probably not. So what is to be gained by accusing liberals of doing exactly what conservatives do? Why are liberals bad for supporting each other but not conservatives? Can you explain that?

18 Apr 2012 21:20 #10 by Soulshiner
Ted is SELLING an image. Now, everyone's talking about him and he gets to say more that helps him sell more stuff.

http://www.tednugent.com/Store/Product.aspx?id=NM000109

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds