Gas Prices Could Drop 50 Cents By June, Experts Say

23 Apr 2012 14:43 #21 by LadyJazzer
Since it hasn't created "higher gas prices", we wouldn't want to deprive Boehner's shot at stuffing his own pockets, now would we? :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2012 18:54 #22 by LOL
Possibly what some of you are missing is that the refineries in the gulf have increased exporting refined products to keep the refineries running closer to max capacity, this is good (economics 101). Capacity utilization had dropped during the recession, and the other option was to close refineries like what happened in the Northeast. They are going to pay for that in the future. There is more than meets the eye with these stats. I re-evaluated this thing and I don't see a problem with 15-20% exports and the jobs and capacity maintained.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

23 Apr 2012 21:20 #23 by Raees

FredHayek wrote: Or do you think they will charge all their customers for shipping. Chinese refinieries pays the same price as the Nebraska refinieries?

There are NO oil refineries in Nebraska. The population of Steele City, Nebraska, where the first phase of Keystone will end is 61.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_cap1_dcu_sne_a.htm

The purpose of the pipeline is to bring crude oil to refineries in Illinois and on the Gulf Coast at Houston and Port Arthur, Texas.

FredHayek wrote: If you were an oil company, would you rather sell it to Americans or spend the money to load it onto oil tankers and ship it to China via the Panama Canal or around the tip of South America before selling it to Chinese?

The cost of shipping oil elsewhere is figured into the cost and paid by the entity that is buying the oil. The oil company does not "spend the money to load it onto oil tankers and ship it to China" unless China is paying the cost of loading and shipping.

Also frequently not mentioned is that there is an extensive overcapacity of oil pipelines from Canada. In other words, there are more pipelines already than oil. After completion of the Keystone XL line, oil pipelines to the U.S. may run nearly half-empty.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le1543726/

23 Apr 2012 21:31 #24 by FredHayek

Raees wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Or do you think they will charge all their customers for shipping. Chinese refinieries pays the same price as the Nebraska refinieries?

There are NO oil refineries in Nebraska. The population of Steele City, Nebraska, where the first phase of Keystone will end is 61.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_cap1_dcu_sne_a.htm

The purpose of the pipeline is to bring crude oil to refineries in Illinois and on the Gulf Coast at Houston and Port Arthur, Texas.

FredHayek wrote: If you were an oil company, would you rather sell it to Americans or spend the money to load it onto oil tankers and ship it to China via the Panama Canal or around the tip of South America before selling it to Chinese?

The cost of shipping oil elsewhere is figured into the cost and paid by the entity that is buying the oil. The oil company does not "spend the money to load it onto oil tankers and ship it to China" unless China is paying the cost of loading and shipping.

Also frequently not mentioned is that there is an extensive overcapacity of oil pipelines from Canada. In other words, there are more pipelines already than oil. After completion of the Keystone XL line, oil pipelines to the U.S. may run nearly half-empty.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le1543726/

Why would a corporation go through the extreme costs of enviromental impact legal fees and studies and huge construction expenses to build a pipeline that isn't needed? Just for fun?
Doesn't sound like the best value to their stockholders, does it?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Apr 2012 21:39 #25 by Raees
I could tell you but then I'd have to shoot you.

23 Apr 2012 22:06 #26 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: Since it hasn't created "higher gas prices", we wouldn't want to deprive Boehner's shot at stuffing his own pockets, now would we? :lol:

What? Insert scratching my head emoticon here.

23 Apr 2012 22:14 #27 by LadyJazzer
You think it over... Perhaps it will come to you...

24 Apr 2012 19:49 #28 by Martin Ent Inc
50 cents gonna do a rap song bout gas for his ride.

24 Apr 2012 22:24 #29 by MWMGROUP

LadyJazzer wrote: Why, yes... I remember $4.00/gallon gas in 2008--and who was president... But as I recall, all of the conservatives said "The President has no control over gas-prices." How soon we forget.

For the Spin Doctor and "it's" sidekick:

The SUMMER of 2008 was but a few MONTHS! How many YEARS have we seen the Mesiah administration CoExiST with $3+ gas????

24 Apr 2012 22:51 #30 by LadyJazzer
Feel better now, slimebag?

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds