Obama Says He’ll Save Average Family $8,000 in Gas

07 May 2012 08:56 #11 by Rick
Kate, you are looking more foolish and unintelligent every day. I used to think you were just an LJ lap dog that just echoed her or praised her for whatever she says because you are just too lazy to form your own argument. I'm starting to think you are incapable of debating because you really don't know what's going on in the world.

Please continue to add nothing...no opinions of your own, no research of your own, and please continue jumping into each thread with just one sentence that only addresses the poster and not the post. It's fine to do it now and then, but if that's all you got, I'd be a little embarrassed if I were you.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2012 09:02 #12 by Rick
Back to the topic, Obama says in the video that instead of going to the pump once a week, we'll soon only need to go the the pump every two weeks. So does that mean the government will soon buy everybody a hybrid? If you need a full sized truck for your business or you need a minivan for your family of six, will you be able to afford a new vehicle that gets TWICE the mileage of what you are currently driving? I swear this guy thinks we're all stupid.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2012 09:11 #13 by Rick

pineinthegrass wrote: You know, I don't care for all the "you lie" accusations. But in this case there is a video. Here it is from youtube. Do you really think the video is fake?

[youtube:17lhda9p]

[/youtube:17lhda9p]

I subscribe to Consumer Reports online. I looked up the yearly cost for a rather worst case vehicle regarding gas usage, a Chevy Suburban V8. Consumer Reports puts the average yearly gas cost for that vehicle at $3405.

And let's assume a family owns two of those and pays $6810 per year for gas. If they save $8000 as the President claims, they will get gas for two Chevy Suburban's for free and get $1200 back! Not that many familys own two Suburbans anyway.

So what is it. Did President Obama just make an honest mistake, said something stupid, lie, or is the video a fake? Or is it just easier to call the poster a liar and ignore the video?

I missed you post and was going to say the same thing. I don't know who loads his teleprompter, but I really doubt he/she understands math at all. And what's really sad, is that this POTUS is clearly unable to understand math himself.

George Orwell

07 May 2012 09:18 #14 by akilina

CritiKalbILL wrote: Back to the topic, Obama says in the video that instead of going to the pump once a week, we'll soon only need to go the the pump every two weeks. So does that mean the government will soon buy everybody a hybrid? If you need a full sized truck for your business or you need a minivan for your family of six, will you be able to afford a new vehicle that gets TWICE the mileage of what you are currently driving? I swear this guy thinks we're all stupid.

The king know that some are gullible and stupid. That is who he is appealing to. Promise them anything. It worked last time and while more are wiser there are still the gullible and stupid.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

07 May 2012 09:39 #15 by JSG

07 May 2012 10:15 #16 by Kate

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Kate wrote: Oh, you can lie all you want. That's free speech. Just don't expect anyone to believe anything you write, as just about everything you've posted lately has been lies.

Tell us how they are lies? Bet you can't.

Look back through the posts by otis, starting with his famous Walking Eagle thread. Many here have pointed out that what he posts is a lie, and like I said, when he admits that it's a lie, he justifies it. I'm sure you've read those posts.

Go ahead, search through his posts. Bet you won't.

07 May 2012 10:17 #17 by Kate

CritiKalbILL wrote: Kate, you are looking more foolish and unintelligent every day. I used to think you were just an LJ lap dog that just echoed her or praised her for whatever she says because you are just too lazy to form your own argument. I'm starting to think you are incapable of debating because you really don't know what's going on in the world.

Please continue to add nothing...no opinions of your own, no research of your own, and please continue jumping into each thread with just one sentence that only addresses the poster and not the post. It's fine to do it now and then, but if that's all you got, I'd be a little embarrassed if I were you.

The reasons I post are my own. I do not need to adhere to your "standards" for posting, but thanks for your concern.

Do you really not have a problems with otis posting lies every day? Do you think it's acceptable to perpetuate lies? I don't and I'm calling him on it.

07 May 2012 10:19 #18 by Bard
I'm new, but it's clear that in this particular thread he wasn't lying, so it's off-topic.

07 May 2012 10:23 #19 by Rick

Kate wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: Kate, you are looking more foolish and unintelligent every day. I used to think you were just an LJ lap dog that just echoed her or praised her for whatever she says because you are just too lazy to form your own argument. I'm starting to think you are incapable of debating because you really don't know what's going on in the world.

The reasons I post are my own. I do not need to adhere to your "standards" for posting, but thanks for your concern.

Do you really not have a problems with otis posting lies every day? Do you think it's acceptable to perpetuate lies? I don't and I'm calling him on it.

In order to call someone out on a lie, it's required that you prove it as a lie is it not. To just say "you are a liar" or "this video is a lie", you need to back it up with something....otherwise you just look like an ignorant little kid.

George Orwell

07 May 2012 10:25 #20 by Kate

CritiKalbILL wrote:

Kate wrote:

In order to call someone out on a lie, it's required that you prove it as a lie is it not. To just say "you are a liar" or "this video is a lie", you need to back it up with something....otherwise you just look like an ignorant little kid.

Otis has cried wolf so many times, I don't even consider him to be an honest man. Offering your support in defense of this guy, who has been caught posting so many lies, makes you look like an ignorant man.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds