Obama Says He’ll Save Average Family $8,000 in Gas

09 May 2012 08:31 #71 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote:

ZHawke wrote: Doesn't matter what we drive or what mileage our vehicles get. If fuel economy standards are improved, I don't know if I could afford to change vehicles immediately, but a vehicle with better fuel economy would certainly appear on my radar screen, that's for sure.

It matters a great deal. That vehicle with better fuel economy is going to cost more. Why haven't you gone the extra mile yet to buy a prius? Why is there not a Volt in your garage?

Because you don't know if you could afford it. So you continue to drive what you've got. Just like what most everyone else is going to do when the federal government jacks the CAFE standards up and raises the price of ALL new cars.

If you haven't paid more yet for better mileage, I don't see where you can expect us to believe you will in the future.

:yeahthat:
You can pick up a 48+ mpg vehicle right now used for around $5K Z - you could have picked one up the last time you purchased a car as well. Volkswagen has been making a 45+ mpg vehicle since the late 1970's - and you have yet to purchase one. The second generation Saturn SLs had fuel economy of 40 mpg - and they were made in the late 1990's through early 2000's.

I have a 1989 Honda CRX that gets 48 mpg and is fun to drive as well that I bought 4 years ago for $1000. Only downside is lack of airbags and cupholders.

When you drive it... it has an airbag (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... no real nasty intended) :thumbsup:

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2012 08:38 #72 by akilina

Martin Ent Inc wrote: My RED gets 6 gallons to the 1/4 mile.

lol

I am buying a big ole gas guzzler, the bigger the better for cheap

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds