Obama Says He’ll Save Average Family $8,000 in Gas

07 May 2012 10:34 #21 by Bard
Right, then, I'm going to post a Lies of Otis thread where you can make actual specific claims, and we can get back to gasoline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2012 10:39 #22 by Rick

Kate wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

Kate wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: Kate, you are looking more foolish and unintelligent every day. I used to think you were just an LJ lap dog that just echoed her or praised her for whatever she says because you are just too lazy to form your own argument. I'm starting to think you are incapable of debating because you really don't know what's going on in the world.

Please continue to add nothing...no opinions of your own, no research of your own, and please continue jumping into each thread with just one sentence that only addresses the poster and not the post. It's fine to do it now and then, but if that's all you got, I'd be a little embarrassed if I were you.

The reasons I post are my own. I do not need to adhere to your "standards" for posting, but thanks for your concern.

Do you really not have a problems with otis posting lies every day? Do you think it's acceptable to perpetuate lies? I don't and I'm calling him on it.

In order to call someone out on a lie, it's required that you prove it as a lie is it not. To just say "you are a liar" or "this video is a lie", you need to back it up with something....otherwise you just look like an ignorant little kid.

Otis has cried wolf so many times, I don't even consider him to be an honest man. Offering your support in defense of this guy, who has been caught posting so many lies, makes you look like an ignorant man.

I'm not defending what anyone does on this board...I'M ADDRESSING THIS TOPIC. Are you saying that nobody on your side ever posts provable BS? And after they do, does that mean anything else posted by that person should be ignored or called out regardless whether it's actually true?

You know you could stop digging a hole real fast if you just proved that Obama is telling the truth in this video. Good luck with that.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2012 11:09 #23 by Kate

CritiKalbILL wrote:

Kate wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

Kate wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: Kate, you are looking more foolish and unintelligent every day. I used to think you were just an LJ lap dog that just echoed her or praised her for whatever she says because you are just too lazy to form your own argument. I'm starting to think you are incapable of debating because you really don't know what's going on in the world.

Please continue to add nothing...no opinions of your own, no research of your own, and please continue jumping into each thread with just one sentence that only addresses the poster and not the post. It's fine to do it now and then, but if that's all you got, I'd be a little embarrassed if I were you.

The reasons I post are my own. I do not need to adhere to your "standards" for posting, but thanks for your concern.

Do you really not have a problems with otis posting lies every day? Do you think it's acceptable to perpetuate lies? I don't and I'm calling him on it.

In order to call someone out on a lie, it's required that you prove it as a lie is it not. To just say "you are a liar" or "this video is a lie", you need to back it up with something....otherwise you just look like an ignorant little kid.

Otis has cried wolf so many times, I don't even consider him to be an honest man. Offering your support in defense of this guy, who has been caught posting so many lies, makes you look like an ignorant man.

I'm not defending what anyone does on this board...I'M ADDRESSING THIS TOPIC. Are you saying that nobody on your side ever posts provable BS? And after they do, does that mean anything else posted by that person should be ignored or called out regardless whether it's actually true?

You know you could stop digging a hole real fast if you just proved that Obama is telling the truth in this video. Good luck with that.

When otis stops spreading lies in his many daily threads, then I will stop calling him out on his lies. Look back through his threads and see how many have already been proven false. Otis has admitted that many of his posts are lies, but justifies it as serving his political agenda. When he stops lying, I'll stop calling him a liar.

07 May 2012 11:14 #24 by Bard
Call him a liar in the topic I set aside for that purpose, then.

Anyway: yes, Obama is completely relying on the idiot vote. It's Tax Cuts to 99% of Working Families, Mark Umpteen.

07 May 2012 11:28 #25 by JSG
Excuse me. She can call him a liar anywhere she wants.

Just because you pop up and start your own topic doesn't mean squat.

07 May 2012 12:17 #26 by ZHawke
Could it be? Might the POTUS actually have misspoken when he said "per year" and not "over the life of the vehicle"?

http://car.ieplace.com/2012/03/15/president-obama-says-new-cafe-standards-will-save-average-driver-8000-a-year/

I'm not saying that's actually what happened, but in order for the OP to posit as "fact" that POTUS lied in his speech, the burden of proof is more on the OP than on anyone else, in my opinion. I don't believe for one second the video is fake. All I'm saying is POTUS MAY have flubbed his line when he said "per year" when he MAY have meant to say something entirely different. I've known more than one person on more than one occasion to have made a faux pas by using a word or phrase to explain something they had no intention of using, but slipped on it anyway. Not unusual. The author of this article I've linked to uses what I consider to be a rational explanation to come to the conclusions he does. Just sayin'. :Whistle

07 May 2012 12:21 - 07 May 2012 12:32 #27 by JSG
The key word there is "rational." That's not something the Right really strives for when posting. They're more into hyperbole.

07 May 2012 12:22 #28 by Rick

JSG wrote: Excuse me. She can call him a liar anywhere she wants.

Just because you pop up and start your own topic doesn't mean squat.

Sure she can, and we can point out how her accusations in individual threads are not only wrong, they are provably wrong. The wise thing for her to do is to post her outrages on threads that actually are lies...PLUS, she should acknowledge those on the left who do the same thing. Just jumping in and saying "liar liar pants on fire" is hardly worth the trouble if the thread is the truth..which this one clearly is. (unless you think the video was falsely editted)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2012 12:40 #29 by ScienceChic

Bard wrote: I'm new, but it's clear that in this particular thread he wasn't lying, so it's off-topic.

Hi Bard, welcome to the boards! Here at 285Bound, we have no problem with threads that go off-topic, as that's often when they get interesting. Kate is free to express her opinion, as is everyone, and then get called on it, like everyone else. We also have an Ignore function that you are free to use if you don't like what someone is posting - it hides their posts from your view so you don't have to see them or deal with them. We're into personal responsibility for our own words here, rather than moderators deciding for you whether you should be offended or not. It generally follows that if you post nicely, people will post nicely back, not always (as we have our share of trolls), but mostly.

We're here to have fun, express our own opinions, and debate back and forth!

Back to Obama's claim, I'm with pineinthegrass, it's not realistic.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 May 2012 14:03 #30 by Blazer Bob

CritiKalbILL wrote: To just say "you are a liar" or "this video is a lie", you need to back it up with something....otherwise you just look like an ignorant little kid.

Or a liberal. rofllol

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds