Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

31 May 2012 13:39 #31 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: Back in the day, (or was it last week?)..religious bigots tried to label the President as a "Muslim--from Kenya" and use the same scare tactics... How's that workin' out for ya?

pineinthegrass wrote: Most people have changed since those days, but apparently not some.

Yeah...You're right...Apparently, not some.

Except I never labeled the Pesident as a "Muslim--from Kenya" nor have I based my vote on any candidate's religion.

Just keep making it up... :bash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2012 13:53 #32 by LadyJazzer
I don't recall using the word "YOU" in that sentence. But you go right ahead with your victimhood, and deflection from the rest of the right-wing nutjob religious bigots who DO try to use those labels and scare tactics on the President.

Just keep making it up... :bash

31 May 2012 20:08 #33 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

pineinthegrass wrote: nor have I based my vote on any candidate's religion.

Yes, because it would be so wrong to even consider that?

Sorry, I don't want a president that believes in Morman nonsense.

31 May 2012 20:17 #34 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

LadyJazzer wrote: Back in the day, (or was it last week?)..religious bigots tried to label the President as a "Muslim--from Kenya" and use the same scare tactics... How's that workin' out for ya?

pineinthegrass wrote: Most people have changed since those days, but apparently not some.

You do realize that YOU are a perfect example of a religious bigot don't you? Shall we look at some of your past posts as examples?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 May 2012 20:20 #35 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon
I do believe that this thread opens the discussion of Obama and his Muslim faith, as he put it.

31 May 2012 20:22 #36 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

CritiKalbILL wrote:

You do realize that YOU are a perfect example of a religious bigot don't you? Shall we look at some of your past posts as examples?

CB...Pinegrass's post was the worst case of the pot calling the kettle black that i've ever seen on a message board... And anybody that doesn't believe in your stupid religion is a religious bigot, thats like 7/8ths of the world. Probably more, what are you, a crazy Baptist or something?

31 May 2012 20:53 #37 by poubelle
Replied by poubelle on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon
Talkin' 'bout morons

Well I have always thought that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman if there ever was one, daddy dearest himself, was having hisself some big-love fun with his followers, by telling them (the story tends to be a wee bit garbled) that he was visited by the great angel Moroni, who bestowed upon him the golden plates, blah, blah, blah. Moroni. So why are they called Mormons and not, well, the obvious? I think JS was playing a joke, being the shyster that he was.

Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous.

31 May 2012 20:59 #38 by pineinthegrass

Vice Lord wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: nor have I based my vote on any candidate's religion.

Yes, because it would be so wrong to even consider that?

Sorry, I don't want a president that believes in Morman nonsense.

So what religions have your approval. Would you vote for a Catholic?

I don't pick and choose based on religion. I pick and choose based on their policies.

31 May 2012 21:00 #39 by Reverend Revelant

poubelle wrote: Talkin' 'bout morons

Well I have always thought that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman if there ever was one, daddy dearest himself, was having hisself some big-love fun with his followers, by telling them (the story tends to be a wee bit garbled) that he was visited by the great angel Moroni, who bestowed upon him the golden plates, blah, blah, blah. Moroni. So why are they called Mormons and not, well, the obvious? I think JS was playing a joke, being the shyster that he was.

Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous.

Then you are an all-religion bigot. But I guess it's OK for a liberal to be a bigot.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

31 May 2012 21:02 #40 by LadyJazzer

pineinthegrass wrote: I pick and choose based on their policies.

...And the (R) after their name...

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds