Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

01 Jun 2012 07:34 #61 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

poubelle wrote: The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous.

I think that one day when we figure out a little more about the universe humans will look back and scoof at these outlandish religions and beliefs, if they don't cause us to self destruct first. Look at all the money and recources we waste because of this nonsense..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2012 07:36 #62 by UNDER MODERATION

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: First off friends..I'm a confirmed BUTT

You forgot a "T" so I fixed it for you. No need to thank me. :thumbsup:

:angry:

Hi Gramma

01 Jun 2012 08:18 #63 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

Vice Lord wrote:

poubelle wrote: The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous.

I think that one day when we figure out a little more about the universe humans will look back and scoff at these outlandish religions and beliefs,

Its inevitable.

knowledge will set us free from this idiocy

01 Jun 2012 10:00 #64 by poubelle
Replied by poubelle on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

poubelle wrote:

poubelle wrote: Talkin' 'bout morons

Well I have always thought that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman if there ever was one, daddy dearest himself, was having hisself some big-love fun with his followers, by telling them (the story tends to be a wee bit garbled) that he was visited by the great angel Moroni, who bestowed upon him the golden plates, blah, blah, blah. Moroni. So why are they called Mormons and not, well, the obvious? I think JS was playing a joke, being the shyster that he was.

Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous.

Then you are an all-religion bigot. But I guess it's OK for a liberal to be a bigot.

So? At least I am consistent. Some of the nicest people I know are deeply into religion. And they are deeply delusional. But I do not treat them any differently than anyone else. If anything, I am more careful not to abuse their delicate sensibilities with my thoughts. The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous.

Ok... yea... got it... now I understand. You just play a bigot on internet forums.

Do you believe in AGW? The "Jews are behind everything?" Physic phenomena. The possibility of ESP? 9/11 was and inside job? Could those UFO's really be from outer space? Did you believe in anything that President Obama Obama said during the 2008 election cycle?

gawd, I almost forgot how annoyingly stoopid you can be. I probably should have qualified my initial response to your crap. One of the definitive hallmarks of a bigot is intolerance. So I suppose I'm not a religion bigot or any kind of bigot (except when it comes to the willfully stoopid) after all. Does that help?

As to your latest post, I'm thinking WTF? And that's rhetorical--you really don't need to respond.

01 Jun 2012 10:17 #65 by Reverend Revelant

poubelle wrote:
[snip]

gawd, I almost forgot how annoyingly stoopid you can be. I probably should have qualified my initial response to your crap. One of the definitive hallmarks of a bigot is intolerance. So I suppose I'm not a religion bigot or any kind of bigot (except when it comes to the willfully stoopid) after all. Does that help?

As to your latest post, I'm thinking WTF? And that's rhetorical--you really don't need to respond.

There's more to it than just intolerance... try these on for size... "obstinate," "animosity," "an ideology or world view..."

Bigotry is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who exhibits intolerance or animosity toward members of a group.[1] Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, nationality, region, language, religious or spiritual belief, personal habits, political alignment, age, economic status or disability. Bigotry is sometimes developed into an ideology or world view. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."[2]

You already qualified your initial response. You use flowery "niceties" and qualifications and then you contradict yourself in the same sentence... "And they are deeply delusional" "The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous" "that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman," ... and then your all encompassing bigoted statement...

"Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous" [/b][/i]

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 11:00 #66 by UNDER MODERATION

poubelle wrote:

poubelle wrote:

poubelle wrote: Talkin' 'bout morons

Well I have always thought that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman if there ever was one, daddy dearest himself, was having hisself some big-love fun with his followers, by telling them (the story tends to be a wee bit garbled) that he was visited by the great angel Moroni, who bestowed upon him the golden plates, blah, blah, blah. Moroni. So why are they called Mormons and not, well, the obvious? I think JS was playing a joke, being the shyster that he was.

Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous.

Then you are an all-religion bigot. But I guess it's OK for a liberal to be a bigot.

So? At least I am consistent. Some of the nicest people I know are deeply into religion. And they are deeply delusional. But I do not treat them any differently than anyone else. If anything, I am more careful not to abuse their delicate sensibilities with my thoughts. The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous.

Ok... yea... got it... now I understand. You just play a bigot on internet forums.

Do you believe in AGW? The "Jews are behind everything?" Physic phenomena. The possibility of ESP? 9/11 was and inside job? Could those UFO's really be from outer space? Did you believe in anything that President Obama Obama said during the 2008 election cycle?

I guess we have no business questioning our presidential candidates beliefs Pou. What were we thinking? Its politically incorrect

The beliefs are off limits

01 Jun 2012 12:58 #67 by poubelle
Replied by poubelle on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

poubelle wrote:
[snip]

There's more to it than just intolerance... try these on for size... "obstinate," "animosity," "an ideology or world view..."

Bigotry is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who exhibits intolerance or animosity toward members of a group.[1] Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, nationality, region, language, religious or spiritual belief, personal habits, political alignment, age, economic status or disability. Bigotry is sometimes developed into an ideology or world view. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."[2]

You already qualified your initial response. You use flowery "niceties" and qualifications and then you contradict yourself in the same sentence... "And they are deeply delusional" "The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous" "that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman," ... and then your all encompassing bigoted statement...

wow. It appears that I have struck a nerve. Why does it matter to you so much -or at all- what I think about religions or the beliefs of the people that need religions to fulfill something in their lives? You can call me whatever you like, as often as you like, in as many different ways that you like, but it won't ever mean a thing to me.

01 Jun 2012 14:17 #68 by Reverend Revelant

poubelle wrote:

poubelle wrote:
[snip]

wow. It appears that I have struck a nerve. Why does it matter to you so much -or at all- what I think about religions or the beliefs of the people that need religions to fulfill something in their lives? You can call me whatever you like, as often as you like, in as many different ways that you like, but it won't ever mean a thing to me.

Simple. I'm an atheist... a humanist... I don't like racists... I don't like bigots. Bigots are all inclusive, probably worst than racists. You seem happy that your bigotry has struck a nerve with me? That's sick.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 14:34 #69 by UNDER MODERATION
It's real simple TLGT. - Calm down, relax, take a breath and just worry about yourself you big fat fussbudget

01 Jun 2012 15:12 #70 by Martin Ent Inc
Donnie and Marie are mormons.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds