Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

31 May 2012 21:39 - 31 May 2012 21:44 #51 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

pineinthegrass wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Try voting for a guy that never lies to you....

Unless you're ridiculously naive, you'll never cast another vote in your life

That was my point.

Can you tell me how Romney has injected his religion into his policy as a politition any more than Obama has?

He's donated millions to the Morman Church..I believe he's a believer so I don't trust his judgment..I know Obama is blowing smoke when he talks about god..It doesn't even sound real

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2012 21:44 #52 by pineinthegrass

Vice Lord wrote: He's donated millions to the Morman Church..He's a believer

And Obama spent 20 years at his Church.

But again, where did Romney use his religion to affect his policy as a governor? I'll agree Obama didn't use his religion much, other than his gay marriage stance which he has gone back and forth with.

31 May 2012 21:46 #53 by UNDER MODERATION

pineinthegrass wrote:

But again, where did Romney use his religion to affect his policy as a governor?

AGAIN! I think he's a moron for believing in such things and I don't want a moron to be our president...How many times do I have to explain this to you?

31 May 2012 21:53 #54 by pineinthegrass

Vice Lord wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

But again, where did Romney use his religion to affect his policy as a governor?

AGAIN! I think he's a moron for believing in such things and I don't want a moron to be our president...How many times do I have to explain this to you?

Well, the only thing you've explained to me from this discussion is the guy you like (a Democrat) doesn't really believe in his religion, but the other guy you don't like (a Republican) does believe in his religion even though you can't give an example from his past where he used his religious beliefs to inflict them on us when he was in charge.

Anyway, I'm off for now. Catch you tomorrow if you wish to contine this nonsense. Good night! :)

01 Jun 2012 00:08 #55 by poubelle
Replied by poubelle on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

poubelle wrote: Talkin' 'bout morons

Well I have always thought that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman if there ever was one, daddy dearest himself, was having hisself some big-love fun with his followers, by telling them (the story tends to be a wee bit garbled) that he was visited by the great angel Moroni, who bestowed upon him the golden plates, blah, blah, blah. Moroni. So why are they called Mormons and not, well, the obvious? I think JS was playing a joke, being the shyster that he was.

Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous.

Then you are an all-religion bigot. But I guess it's OK for a liberal to be a bigot.

So? At least I am consistent. Some of the nicest people I know are deeply into religion. And they are deeply delusional. But I do not treat them any differently than anyone else. If anything, I am more careful not to abuse their delicate sensibilities with my thoughts.

The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous.

01 Jun 2012 01:17 #56 by Blazer Bob

poubelle wrote: [ Some of the nicest people I know are deeply into religion. And they are deeply delusional.

Completely off topic but it is late so I hope it is OK. I also know deeply religious people who are the salt of the earth.

OTOH, I have known others who I would not trust to piss in my throat if my guts were on fire.

In 1999 there was an element of devout Christians who thought that y2k would be the end of the world. They were willing to spend insane amounts of $ to survive. I mean propane pigs larger than you see at Independent Propane, solar and battery banks big enough to power a town. I recall one wealthy couple who turned their sauna into a root cellar, they also spent crazy $ on wood stoves.

There were contractors who claimed to be devout and used the fish symbol in there marketing who preyed on them like wolfs on sheep. I had the unfortunate experience to sub for one. He was a "lay minister" and would preach to their face while he fist raped their wallet.

It was revolting.

You could argue that he was really a con man but I knew his family. I do not think they were faking it.

I later talked to a Christian about it and he explained it as, ""Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's", which as I understood his explanation was that it was OK to screw your fellow man as long as you stayed good with God.

Maybe I got it wrong, maybe he did, but most of my 1999 brain cells are dead but these live on as a sore spot.

01 Jun 2012 05:09 #57 by Reverend Revelant

poubelle wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

poubelle wrote: Talkin' 'bout morons

Well I have always thought that Joseph Smith, the grand poobah of the Mormons, a good ole' snake oil salesman if there ever was one, daddy dearest himself, was having hisself some big-love fun with his followers, by telling them (the story tends to be a wee bit garbled) that he was visited by the great angel Moroni, who bestowed upon him the golden plates, blah, blah, blah. Moroni. So why are they called Mormons and not, well, the obvious? I think JS was playing a joke, being the shyster that he was.

Disclaimer: I find all religions ridiculous.

Then you are an all-religion bigot. But I guess it's OK for a liberal to be a bigot.

So? At least I am consistent. Some of the nicest people I know are deeply into religion. And they are deeply delusional. But I do not treat them any differently than anyone else. If anything, I am more careful not to abuse their delicate sensibilities with my thoughts. The crap that people will believe is amazing and amusing and ridiculous.

Ok... yea... got it... now I understand. You just play a bigot on internet forums.

Do you believe in AGW? The "Jews are behind everything?" Physic phenomena. The possibility of ESP? 9/11 was and inside job? Could those UFO's really be from outer space? Did you believe in anything that President Obama Obama said during the 2008 election cycle?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Jun 2012 06:05 #58 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: First off friends..I'm a confirmed BUTT

You forgot a "T" so I fixed it for you. No need to thank me. :thumbsup:

LOL Gramma! Good one. :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Jun 2012 07:18 #59 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Oh and BTW: He's a Mormon
We do have a past record on if Mitt would let his religion influence how he presided over a state or nation, Massachussets. He did not pursue social legislation that was against the will of Massachussets residents.

I doubt he will do anything different as President.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jun 2012 07:28 #60 by UNDER MODERATION

neptunechimney wrote:

poubelle wrote: [ Some of the nicest people I know are deeply into religion. And they are deeply delusional.

Completely off topic but it is late so I hope it is OK. I also know deeply religious people who are the salt of the earth.

OTOH, I have known others who I would not trust to piss in my throat if my guts were on fire.

In 1999 there was an element of devout Christians who thought that y2k would be the end of the world. They were willing to spend insane amounts of $ to survive. I mean propane pigs larger than you see at Independent Propane, solar and battery banks big enough to power a town. I recall one wealthy couple who turned their sauna into a root cellar, they also spent crazy $ on wood stoves.

There were contractors who claimed to be devout and used the fish symbol in there marketing who preyed on them like wolfs on sheep. I had the unfortunate experience to sub for one. He was a "lay minister" and would preach to their face while he fist raped their wallet.

It was revolting.

You could argue that he was really a con man but I knew his family. I do not think they were faking it.

I later talked to a Christian about it and he explained it as, ""Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's", which as I understood his explanation was that it was OK to screw your fellow man as long as you stayed good with God.

Maybe I got it wrong, maybe he did, but most of my 1999 brain cells are dead but these live on as a sore spot.

Good one Neptune..I don't understand why devout Christians are so afraid of dying, if they really believe there is a heaven then they should be excited about going there. Just like I don't understand why people are so afraid of the "terrorists"- so afraid that they are willing to ruin what lives they have left, and the lives of future generations of Americans to feel a little safer- safer from the smallest, weakest tiny little army this country has ever faced.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds