David E Kintz Jr For Park County Coroner

27 Jul 2010 23:36 #41 by CC
and fight them!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2010 11:44 #42 by Mtn Gramma
To PlatteSuper: While I am not voting for Mr. Kintz, what you posted above is juvenile. You are a well spoken person and I would have expected better of you. Your post is uncalled for and classless.

28 Jul 2010 13:44 #43 by 40coupe
PlatteSuper: I don't think there's any call for that sort of posting...as Lorne Michaels once told the original cast of 'Saturday Night Live', "Play bright!".

28 Jul 2010 14:51 #44 by Chris Sparks PlatteSuper
Mtn Gramma and 40coupe: I thank you for your compliment on my use of the English language. As for the posting, I would like to remind all that politicians have been the butt of many jokes for hundreds and even thousands of years. When you publicly place your name on that ballot, informing the populous that you are the best qualified candidate for a position, then anything you say or do is subject to public ridicule. While some people find the humour funny, others might perceive it as "classless" or "juvenile." Even politicians have had a sense of humour. Less we forget President Reagan when he tapped the microphone and informed the near empty auditorium to "Bomb Russia." While many thought it was funny others found it reprehensible.

Shall we mention the jokes about Vice-president Dan Quayle? How about the late Senator Kennedy? Lets go back in history even further... oh about 200 years. Take the original "Vanity Fair" magazine, professional artist drew less than favouring caricatures of politicians, royalty, military leaders, businessmen, scientist, doctors, etc. I would absolutely be remiss if I didn't pay tribute to the ever-great political satirist Mel Brooks with "The Show of Shows", "History of the World", "To Be or Not To Be", "Blazing Saddles", etc. Then we have the European community who had a field day with German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, and his unwillingness to travel to Esperanto because he couldn't speak the language. Less we forget current satirists and shows like "Daily News" with Jon Stewart, and all offensive liberal Bill Mahrer.

My apologies if I offended you, but I cannot apologies for having a sense of humour when it comes political satire. It has been around long before I was even conceived and it will continue to be around long after I am pushing up the posies. I myself have been heavily involved in politics at the local, state, federal and international level. I have not been unscathed by political satire, and therefore I must find the capriciousness in ones own failing. But I digress, what it truly amazing is the listing of qualifications by this individual. God bless him for running for office, but if chooses to print and mail such whimsical fliers, then he alone subjugates himself to public amusement.

"To each good man there is a good day." ~ Christian E. Sparks, 26 August 2010

28 Jul 2010 15:08 #45 by AV8OR
In a way, I agree with PS on this. One good reason is that the concept of "political correctness," which is implied in other's objections, has been slowly degrading the voice of the silent majority.

Think about it,

1.) we allowed "in GOD we trust" to be attacked without stepping up.
2.) The prayer has been taken out of schools, team events and other public gatherings.
3.) The pledge of allegiance to the American Flag (within our own country) is hardly ever said in public formats.
4.) News anchors no longer where the colors on their labels because is may offend a small few, of which are probably here illegally.
5.) The act of saying, "GOD bless America" may get you arrested by the PC police.
6.) Everyone in this country is a hyphen-American no matter how many generations their family resided here.
7.) Plenty more, you get my drift.

So, if PlatteSuper wishes to spoof a candidate running, then by all means, DO IT - TWICE!

Lets not forget that we are a free country. IT IS TIME TO KICK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IN THE TEETH!

It needs to start with those of us that consider ourselves - Republicans or Conservatives or Tea Party.

TAKE BACK THE COUNTY! TAKE BACK THE COUNTRY!!

28 Jul 2010 19:13 #46 by ColoradoXprss
Bravo!!!!! AV8OR :yeahthat:

28 Jul 2010 19:41 #47 by Mtn Gramma
If you knew me, you'd know that I'm about the least PC person you know. This isn't a matter of PC, it's a matter of tacky.

28 Jul 2010 20:01 #48 by Scooby72

AV8OR wrote: In a way, I agree with PS on this. One good reason is that the concept of "political correctness," which is implied in other's objections, has been slowly degrading the voice of the silent majority.

Think about it,

1.) we allowed "in GOD we trust" to be attacked without stepping up.
2.) The prayer has been taken out of schools, team events and other public gatherings.
3.) The pledge of allegiance to the American Flag (within our own country) is hardly ever said in public formats.
4.) News anchors no longer where the colors on their labels because is may offend a small few, of which are probably here illegally.
5.) The act of saying, "GOD bless America" may get you arrested by the PC police.
6.) Everyone in this country is a hyphen-American no matter how many generations their family resided here.
7.) Plenty more, you get my drift.

So, if PlatteSuper wishes to spoof a candidate running, then by all means, DO IT - TWICE!
Lets not forget that we are a free country. IT IS TIME TO KICK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IN THE TEETH!
It needs to start with those of us that consider ourselves - Republicans or Conservatives or Tea Party.
TAKE BACK THE COUNTY! TAKE BACK THE COUNTRY!!

1. Freedom or religion includes freedom to not practice religion, right?
2. This I'm on the fence, children should be allowed to pray, but not forced to.
3. The pledge, not sure why this has started going away. Perhaps it has something to do with so many people having an issue with the "under God" part. Again, on the fence here - this nation's laws were created and established in a time when atheism was essentially unheard of - times have changed.
4. Huh?
5. I think you are being a bit drastic here, personally it doesn't offend me - but I don't appreciate anyone trying to make me feel guilty for not saying it.
6. & 7. Agreed, I don't like that everyone, every race, and such is hyph'd. It's obnoxious. My grandfather was Cherokee Indian, not Cherokee American Indian.

I consider myself a liberal Republican, but I won't be forced along with the mantra of God and the bible to get the country back on track.

28 Jul 2010 22:53 #49 by Chris Sparks PlatteSuper

Mtn Gramma wrote: If you knew me, you'd know that I'm about the least PC person you know. This isn't a matter of PC, it's a matter of tacky.

I'm sorry, but that sounds a lot like the ole "ecause I said so aurgument."

You’ve probably heard that old lawyer’s saying, “When the law is on your side, argue the law. When the facts are on your side, argue the facts. And when neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table a lot. Ask yourself which side is pounding the table the most in this argument. [1]

So lets get back to the election, okay?

1. Ad Critics Continue To Ignore Sponsor’s Later Amendment to Switch Law Back to Grade 6, Jim Geraghty. 12 September 2008. http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign- ... ck-grade-6

"To each good man there is a good day." ~ Christian E. Sparks, 26 August 2010

28 Jul 2010 23:05 #50 by Mtn Gramma

PlatteSuper wrote: I'm sorry, but that sounds a lot like the ole "ecause I said so aurgument."

So lets get back to the election, okay?

Yes, Daddy. :blabla:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds