Tammy Davis for Park County Coroner

05 Aug 2010 10:59 #111 by Tough
Nmysys: Your letter may not have been printed due to your signature. Were you implying that the Tea Party was endorsing Tammy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2010 11:44 #112 by Cadillacokeefe
They printed our letter identifying us as 285 Corridor Tea Party Founding Members (exactly as Nmysys did), so I don't think the Tea Party affiliation should have prevented publication...

And, BTW, neither our letter nor his said the Tea Party endorsed the candidates in question since they were personal endorsements.

05 Aug 2010 15:27 #113 by Nmysys
Audrey:

I try never to imply anything other than what I say. No, it was not meant to imply that it was an endorsement by our local almost new Tea Party Group, because everyone in the group knows that I never attempt to speak for anyone else but myself.

05 Aug 2010 16:05 #114 by 40coupe
Nmysys: After reading the Friday, Aug. 6 edition of The Flume, I am interested to hear your opinion re: why your LTTE was omitted from said edition, particularly with regard to the mention of the Tea Party group. My personal opinion is that there has been a not-too-subtle 'stacking' of LTTE's in this, the last Flume edition before Aug. 10th.

05 Aug 2010 17:22 #115 by Tammy Davis
Supporting Davis for Park County coroner
To the Editor,

I support Tammy Davis as coroner for the following reasons:

She came to my husband's and my home and shared with us her plans and experience for coroner and helping our county, and she asked us questions and wanted to know what we would expect. David Kintz Jr., on the other hand, only gave us a phone call. It is very important to Tammy that she is there for us and all others in the county if she becomes coroner for Park County. She was at our home for two and a half hours and afterwards drove in a dangerous blizzard back to her home in Fairplay. She was more concerned about our questions and concerns than hurrying home knowing the weather was bad.

She realized I was very ill with pleurisy, which I was diagnosed with in the emergency room. I wasn't getting better because of lack of information from the attending physicians at the hospital. Tammy offered advice to me on how to get well based on her experience with having pleurisy once herself. Her suggestions on how to get well with pleurisy helped me to improve considerably in just a few days.

Tammy went above and beyond David Kintz Jr. for us, and as coroner, she would also go above and beyond for our county.

Jean M. Bort

Bailey

05 Aug 2010 17:24 #116 by Tammy Davis
Davis on campaigning and the coroner's job
To the Editor, THANK YOU for your support and recent calls and e-mails I've received from the debates and the meet the candidates. I believe we're starting to see the true colors of my opponent. As I stated when I turned in my petitions, I'M going to run a CLEAN campaign and not stoop to their level by enlisting others to discredit me. Thank you Sharon Morris and Joanne Richardson for doing the research on my experience and background for the Coroner's Office. I never worked for Joanne; however, I did work for the previous coroner for five years who has written two glowing letters of recommendation. I've also received letters from other previous employers and law enforcement. I'm enjoying campaigning for coroner and meeting everyone that I have met and will continue to meet. I'm not a fifth generation in this county who still works for his father at Road and Bridge; however, I am proud to be a 10-year resident who would love to see some change in this county. I think we all have experienced devastating deaths of loved ones; however, I believe that that does not qualify him for this position. I love this county and its people! I stand for you, as a true Grass Roots Conservative who wants to focus on cutting taxes. Where services are being outsourced, I have solutions to save money. Please visit my Web site, [url=http://www.tam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.tam[/url] myforcoroner.com, and read my letters and my tax proposal to save money. Remember, believe one-third of what you read, nothing of what you hear, and everything that you see. This is politics at its finest. I urge you to vote for me in the Republican primary on Aug. 10 and to visit both coroner candidates Web sites and make an educated decision on the best candidate.

Sincerely,
Tammy Michelle Davis
Fairplay, Colo.

05 Aug 2010 17:25 #117 by Tammy Davis
Supporting Davis
To the Editor, To The Citizens of Park County: It is my understanding that you have a choice of candidates for county coroner. I am writing you because I have known Tammy Davis for 15 years and, of relevance to you, knew her when she was deputy coroner in Summit County. Park County is fortunate that Tammy has decided to run for coroner and, if elected, she will work hard for the citizens of Park County. Tammy is an enthusiastic person who gives all of herself when involved in a task, whether it is the pursuit of a hobby such as horseback riding or performing a job such as coroner. She cares deeply about people and demonstrated this repeatedly in her day-to-day interactions. In dealing with cases as a deputy coroner, she showed care and concern for the deceased as well as the next of kin. Coroner is a difficult job, as one is faced with unpleasant realities that must be documented and conveyed in a professional manner to the next of kin as well as the authorities and press. Tammy always took great care to recognize the needs of all involved. While the situations that coroners face would make many of us squeamish, Tammy understands that the job must be done and done professionally. She was constantly learning more about techniques and tools that are integral to performing the job and applying what she had learned to her work. Tammy Davis will work hard for the citizens of Park County. I urge you to vote for her in the Republican primary in August.

Martha Tableman, Ph.D.
Dillon, Colo.

05 Aug 2010 17:28 #118 by Tammy Davis
For Davis for coroner
To the Editor,

My husband and I purchased our property in Park County in 1989, and have lived here for 15 years. As a former volunteer and lifetime honorary member of the Red White and Blue Fire Department, I'm aware of the availability and commitment that the emergency services profession requires. This is extremely applicable in all cases to the position of county coroner. It requires skill, compassionate communication techniques, and experience in emergency response protocol and scene management. I have known Tammy Davis for over 10 years, inclusive of the time period which she worked as a deputy coroner for the Summit County Coroner's Office.

Away from the office, Tammy has proven to be a good friend that I could call at any time day or night. This was not limited to just trail rides, barrel races and horse shows, but the daunting task of staying with me and my horse for over 48 hours during a colic episode that resulted in [veterinarian Kerry] Madole having to put him down at 2 a.m. of what would have been the third day for a ruptured bowel. The point that I am trying to make is that Tammy was there for me in my time of need, as I know she will be for the residents and visitors of Park County.

Tammy's background, experience, education and respect of the emergency services community should leave no doubt who should be the next Park County coroner. I urge you to check out her Web site at [url=http://www.tammyforcoroner.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.tammyforcoroner.com[/url] for more detailed information. As far as I'm concerned, the only qualified candidate for the office of Park County coroner is Tammy Davis. Vote for Tammy Davis for the office of Park County coroner in not only the Aug. 10 primary election, but the November election as well!

Janine Snyder

Fairplay

05 Aug 2010 17:29 #119 by Tammy Davis
Regarding Tammy Davis for coroner
To the Editor,

When I was Summit County coroner from 1998-2004, I was contacted by a Tammy Davis who showed great interest in the coroner business and wanting to become a deputy coroner some day. This is not a job that many people have a desire to learn, so I gave her a chance, hoping that her interest would not wane. I soon discovered that her interest was legitimate. Not only that, but she showed considerable insight into how to conduct a death investigation. Tammy soon became a very instrumental part of the Coroner's Office. She always made herself available to go on calls whether she was scheduled to be on call or not. Tammy was always interested in expanding her knowledge and sometimes almost begged me to find the funds that would allow her to attend training sessions specific to coroner investigations. When the coroner administrative assistant (secretary) job became available, Tammy was right there to help with the files and do other jobs such as case follow-up, which gave her a very rounded knowledge of the various types of items that always seemed to arise. As it turned out, Tammy, in one way or another, was involved in hundreds of cases during the five years that she was with the Summit County Coroner's Office even though her name may not appear on the investigation paperwork. Also, during that time she responded to more cases than any of my other deputies - whether alone, with her assigned partner, or with me. With her extensive training, competence, experience, and her tenacious thirst for the truth, Tammy Davis will make the citizens of Park County proud and comfortable knowing that all of their death investigations will be complete and done properly.

David B. Joslin

Oxford, Miss.

05 Aug 2010 17:30 #120 by Tammy Davis
Support from husband
To the Editor,

I feel compelled to write this letter to help the people of Park County know and understand my wife, Tammy Davis, the way that I do. She is relatively unknown in the county, which is why there are some things that I feel need to be cleared up. People have termed my wife as pushy, which they have mistaken for her enthusiasm and passion. People need to take the time to listen to her and understand her. I did, and that's why I fell in love with her. Tammy embraces life, which is one thing most people don't take the time to do. She has so much spirit, and she brings this level of energy to everything she does. Tammy has been going out every day and meeting everyone she can in the community because she believes in herself and she believes in Park County. We have been through many adventures together, and I can always count on her to keep my life interesting. I respect her for going out and campaigning as enthusiastically as she has. I stand behind her and her campaign 110 percent. Tammy is also very compassionate, which is why she is an ideal candidate for coroner. She is a very loving wife. This community, Park County, ought to be behind her and support her. I know they will when they see her the way that I do. Privately, from me to her: Happy anniversary, honey! I love you and support everything you do!

JP Devine

Fairplay

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds