Tammy Davis for Park County Coroner

16 Jul 2010 15:10 - 16 Jul 2010 15:23 #1 by Tammy Davis
TO ALL PARK COUNTY VOTERS AND RESIDENTS:
ELECT TAMMY DAVIS FOR CORONER

Phone: (719) 836-2464

E-mail: .

Website: [url=http://www.tammy4coroner.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.tammy4coroner.com[/url]

http://tammyforcoroner.com/chOriginal/CustomImage/1b_IndependenceDay_t26.jpg?id=1271816699651
I moved to Colorado in 1995. When I discovered Park County, I fell in love with it and purchased my house and land in 2000. I have been a resident of Park County for 10 years and I don’t plan on going anywhere. This is my home! I love Park County because of the people I have met, the conservative county that it is, and its wide open spaces, peace and privacy that we all call home.

I enjoy the outdoors, which is a key reason that I moved to Park County. I enjoy fishing at the pond behind my house and fishing the gold-medal waters. After all we live in the trout-fishing capital of Colorado. I love to trailer and ride my horses in the unlimited trailheads that we have in Park County. I also like to kayak, raft, ice climb, and hike the Fourteeners. If it’s outdoors, I’m on it!

I have five years experience working as a deputy Coroner, which means I already have many of the necessary certifications to be Coroner. This will save money for the taxpayers of Park County because you will not have to pay for my education. My experience also includes assisting with several autopsies and several death investigations in a rural county. Park County voters can rest assured that I will be an effective Coroner from day one, and the proof is in the recommendations I have received from many former and current Coroners and law enforcement with whom I have worked.

If I am given the opportunity to serve as the Park County Coroner, I will do it with passion and conviction. I have always enjoyed my work as a Deputy Coroner and I take great pride in each and every case I’ve worked. My commitment to you, the voters of Park County, is to take the time needed for every case until the cause of death is determined. I will investigate each case to the fullest and present a complete and accurate case to the forensic pathologist. This will enable us to work together to determine the cause of death.

I vow to work with all the next of kin and other family members to assist them in every way that I can, to approach them with the utmost empathy and sympathy, to help make arrangements assisting all of their difficult decisions, and to provide grief counseling and victims advocates referrals wherever possible. A very important aspect of the Coroner's position is to care for family members and friends at a very difficult time. Your Coroner should be someone committed not only to the facts and figures of each case, but the human aspects as well. That is my promise to you, the voters of Park County.

I welcome any phone calls or e-mails that you the Park County voters may have for me. I appreciate the time and responses I’ve received since petitioning and the overwhelming support of Park County. THANK YOU!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 15:23 #2 by JMC
Thanks for posting this information. We all need this make better decisions.

16 Jul 2010 15:26 #3 by CC
Welcome Tammy . Great to have you here. I am so glad you are getting your information out there.

16 Jul 2010 16:49 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tammy Davis for Park County Coroner

Tammy Davis wrote: TO ALL PARK COUNTY VOTERS AND RESIDENTS:
ELECT TAMMY DAVIS FOR CORONER

Phone: (719) 836-2464

E-mail: .

Website: [url=http://www.tammy4coroner.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.tammy4coroner.com[/url]

http://tammyforcoroner.com/chOriginal/CustomImage/1b_IndependenceDay_t26.jpg?id=1271816699651
I moved to Colorado in 1995. When I discovered Park County, I fell in love with it and purchased my house and land in 2000. I have been a resident of Park County for 10 years and I don’t plan on going anywhere. This is my home! I love Park County because of the people I have met, the conservative county that it is, and its wide open spaces, peace and privacy that we all call home.

I enjoy the outdoors, which is a key reason that I moved to Park County. I enjoy fishing at the pond behind my house and fishing the gold-medal waters. After all we live in the trout-fishing capital of Colorado. I love to trailer and ride my horses in the unlimited trailheads that we have in Park County. I also like to kayak, raft, ice climb, and hike the Fourteeners. If it’s outdoors, I’m on it!

I have five years experience working as a deputy Coroner, which means I already have many of the necessary certifications to be Coroner. This will save money for the taxpayers of Park County because you will not have to pay for my education. My experience also includes assisting with several autopsies and several death investigations in a rural county. Park County voters can rest assured that I will be an effective Coroner from day one, and the proof is in the recommendations I have received from many former and current Coroners and law enforcement with whom I have worked.

If I am given the opportunity to serve as the Park County Coroner, I will do it with passion and conviction. I have always enjoyed my work as a Deputy Coroner and I take great pride in each and every case I’ve worked. My commitment to you, the voters of Park County, is to take the time needed for every case until the cause of death is determined. I will investigate each case to the fullest and present a complete and accurate case to the forensic pathologist. This will enable us to work together to determine the cause of death.

I vow to work with all the next of kin and other family members to assist them in every way that I can, to approach them with the utmost empathy and sympathy, to help make arrangements assisting all of their difficult decisions, and to provide grief counseling and victims advocates referrals wherever possible. A very important aspect of the Coroner's position is to care for family members and friends at a very difficult time. Your Coroner should be someone committed not only to the facts and figures of each case, but the human aspects as well. That is my promise to you, the voters of Park County.

I welcome any phone calls or e-mails that you the Park County voters may have for me. I appreciate the time and responses I’ve received since petitioning and the overwhelming support of Park County. THANK YOU!

You got my vote, I like the picture

16 Jul 2010 16:54 #5 by AV8OR
Count me in to!

You should wear jeans more often. It makes you look relaxed! : )

17 Jul 2010 08:54 #6 by mama bear
7/8/2010 12:26:00 PM Email this article • Print this article
Regarding coroner candidate Davis
To the Editor,

As the coroner in Summit County, I must bring to light that coroner candidate Tammy Davis is blatantly stating untruths, and I cannot allow this farce to continue. Running for any office should be about facts. Facts about you, your real experience and being able to prove what you say to be true.

Upon taking office, I gave all deputy coroner candidates a knowledge assessment and performed a background check. Ms. Davis did not pass muster so I chose not to retain her. The first day I took office, the phone was ringing off the hook from families who were looking for information or autopsy reports. When I went to look for them, I found many of the case files lacking thorough information and competent documentation. My chief deputy performed a case audit and found that many of her own reports were missing fingerprints or photographs. Ms. Davis was Mr. Joslin's part-time administrative assistant.

Ms. Davis states that she 'conducted' about 400 investigations? There were only 204 cases during the time Ms. Davis was with the office. Additionally, Summit County coroner records show that she was on just 26 scenes: 14 with other deputy coroners who wrote the reports and 12 solo. Thirteen files contain death certificates signed by Ms. Davis, no reports. How can this mean she conducted these investigations if the paperwork is so sloppy? If her name does not appear in others' reports as she claims, then legally she wasn't there. Mr. Joslin states that he was coroner until 2004, when in fact I took office in 2003. If he can't get his facts straight, how can you expect Ms. Davis to convey the truth? The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Joanne Richardson, Summit County Coroner

Dillon, Colo.

Please explain!

17 Jul 2010 09:10 #7 by truecolors
Doesn't she answer this at the debate?

17 Jul 2010 09:50 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

mama bear wrote: 7/8/2010 12:26:00 PM Email this article • Print this article
Regarding coroner candidate Davis
To the Editor,

As the coroner in Summit County, I must bring to light that coroner candidate Tammy Davis is blatantly stating untruths, and I cannot allow this farce to continue. Running for any office should be about facts. Facts about you, your real experience and being able to prove what you say to be true.

Upon taking office, I gave all deputy coroner candidates a knowledge assessment and performed a background check. Ms. Davis did not pass muster so I chose not to retain her. The first day I took office, the phone was ringing off the hook from families who were looking for information or autopsy reports. When I went to look for them, I found many of the case files lacking thorough information and competent documentation. My chief deputy performed a case audit and found that many of her own reports were missing fingerprints or photographs. Ms. Davis was Mr. Joslin's part-time administrative assistant.

Ms. Davis states that she 'conducted' about 400 investigations? There were only 204 cases during the time Ms. Davis was with the office. Additionally, Summit County coroner records show that she was on just 26 scenes: 14 with other deputy coroners who wrote the reports and 12 solo. Thirteen files contain death certificates signed by Ms. Davis, no reports. How can this mean she conducted these investigations if the paperwork is so sloppy? If her name does not appear in others' reports as she claims, then legally she wasn't there. Mr. Joslin states that he was coroner until 2004, when in fact I took office in 2003. If he can't get his facts straight, how can you expect Ms. Davis to convey the truth? The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Joanne Richardson, Summit County Coroner

Dillon, Colo.

Please explain!

Tammy 3/5
Dave 3/5

Still giving Tammy the edge- Everyone has to start somewhere-and we don't have very many murders here

17 Jul 2010 10:02 #9 by outdoor338
Tammy, thanks for sharing your website, you know that you will be attacked by all kinds of people, so hang in there! I do have a question for you, what changes would you bring to this position if elected in PC? Are there other classes that would would like to take to upgrade your CE's? Just wondering, good luck to you! :thumbsup:

17 Jul 2010 10:14 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

outdoor338 wrote: Tammy, thanks for sharing your website, you know that you will be attacked by all kinds of people, so hang in there! I do have a question for you, what changes would you bring to this position if elected in PC? Are there other classes that would would like to take to upgrade your CE's? Just wondering, good luck to you! :thumbsup:

Hey, it's Park County, not L.A. county- She'll do fine

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds