Tammy Davis for Park County Coroner

18 Jul 2010 10:45 #21 by Rorschach81

shilohloki wrote: Okay, I admit I had paid NO attention to the coroner's race, wrapped up as I was with the SO stuff, so the Bailey debate I went to was the first time I'd heard anything about either one of them. That being said, I was very unimpressed with Tammy, so I'm wondering why you all are going to vote for her, perhaps you can share some stuff that will change my mind.
At the debate, Tammy was abrasive and snotty when she was addressing the audience - I was taken aback actually by how severe she was. All I could imagine was her trying to make a death notification with that attitude! David on the other hand, was mild-mannered and what he said made sense to me.
Tammy's views on cutting costs by doing her own forensics work disturbed me too, my education being in that field, she seemed not to grasp the value of having such delicate and often questioned-in-court work done in a real lab setting by experts. This immediately sent up red flags for me.
Thoughts?

I have to agree, Tammy was a bit much. I'll vote for David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2010 11:45 #22 by major bean
I believe that it would be very advantageous to have a personality such as that displayed by Tammy Davis in the office of County Coroner. It is called professionalism. Her type of demeanor might give her more resistance to pressures from the PCSO to render/pervert investigative results desired by the PCSO. This is extremely important in the search for justice for the deceased. She might be able to keep her department separate/independent from the PCSO and maintain its integrity.

Regards,
Major Bean

18 Jul 2010 11:46 #23 by shilohloki
I agree that could be an asset in the manner you mentioned - she just seemed really over the top. Was I seeing her on an off-day or is she always like that?

18 Jul 2010 11:51 #24 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tammy Davis for Park County Coroner

shilohloki wrote: Tammy was abrasive and snotty when she was addressing the audience - I was taken aback actually by how severe she was.

Sounds like a scrapper- That might be just what we need in Fair Play

18 Jul 2010 11:57 #25 by fordgirl
i've watched all the debates now. I agree we need someone strong to stand up to the PCSO. David to me seems like he would roll over like a whipped puppy dog. Not to mention I've now read through her website and like what I've read. Tammy is the most qualified candidate and displays proof of that. She also seems to care what happens to my money always a plus.

18 Jul 2010 12:05 - 18 Jul 2010 12:08 #26 by major bean

shilohloki wrote: Okay, I admit I had paid NO attention to the coroner's race, wrapped up as I was with the SO stuff, so the Bailey debate I went to was the first time I'd heard anything about either one of them. That being said, I was very unimpressed with Tammy, so I'm wondering why you all are going to vote for her, perhaps you can share some stuff that will change my mind.
At the debate, Tammy was abrasive and snotty when she was addressing the audience - I was taken aback actually by how severe she was. All I could imagine was her trying to make a death notification with that attitude! David on the other hand, was mild-mannered and what he said made sense to me.
Tammy's views on cutting costs by doing her own forensics work disturbed me too, my education being in that field, she seemed not to grasp the value of having such delicate and often questioned-in-court work done in a real lab setting by experts. This immediately sent up red flags for me.
Thoughts?

I do not believe that Tammy Davis said that she would do her own forensic investigations laboratory work. Considering her past experience, I would assume that she knows when to send evidence to a lab for DNA analysis, chemical analysis, etc. This is a very important point.
Here is what she said:

Tammy Davis wrote: I will investigate each case to the fullest and present a complete and accurate case to the forensic pathologist. This will enable us to work together to determine the cause of death.

I have re-read her other postings in this thread and have not found where she has stated that all forensic investivation will be "in house". I shall go and re-read again and make sure that I have not missed something.

Regards,
Major Bean

18 Jul 2010 12:06 #27 by shilohloki
Sorry, no, I was referring to her collecting her own prints and toxicology.

18 Jul 2010 12:11 #28 by major bean

shilohloki wrote: Sorry, no, I was referring to her collecting her own prints and toxicology.

Then I misunderstood your post.

But now I cannot find where she has said that she would not use deputy coroners to do the grunt work in an investigation.

Regards,
Major Bean

18 Jul 2010 12:12 #29 by CC
I did not get that impression at all from her at the Debates. I personally find her to be friendly and accessible. She is very assertive. A quality I like in people.

19 Jul 2010 10:28 #30 by Scooby72

shilohloki wrote: ...At the debate, Tammy was abrasive and snotty when she was addressing the audience - I was taken aback actually by how severe she was. All I could imagine was her trying to make a death notification with that attitude!...

I didn't think she was abrasive or snotty, I felt she was assertive and blunt. From what I'm seeing with PC govt, perhaps this is what is needed. I haven't decided who I'll be voting for yet, but just wanted to toss my two cents in.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds