WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

05 Jun 2012 22:28 #11 by archer
Replied by archer on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!
Considering the money spent on this election, shouldn't he have had a 70% to 10% margin? lol

This is, of course, a disappointment to liberals. But, I am glad this happened now rather than closer to November. There is still a long road to the election, I just don't see this being a big boost for Romney, but may well help other Republican governors is purple states.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2012 22:32 #12 by FredHayek
Dem spin, the money bought the election, although many exit polls are saying people voted for Walker because they thought he should get to serve his four years.

The big question, is this just a one-off, or is the TEA Party still a formidable political base?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jun 2012 22:35 #13 by otisptoadwater
Check back tomorrow morning, there will be a lawsuit demanding a recount and all kinds of claims from the Donkeys that the election was fixed. If I'm wrong I'll owe you a wooden nickel and a beer or three over the course of the summer.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

05 Jun 2012 22:47 #14 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: Considering the money spent on this election, shouldn't he have had a 70% to 10% margin? lol

This is, of course, a disappointment to liberals. But, I am glad this happened now rather than closer to November. There is still a long road to the election, I just don't see this being a big boost for Romney, but may well help other Republican governors is purple states.

You are right, this was not about Romney. Nobody likes Romney. This was the complete failure of the progressive agenda. This was the Tea Party taking back America one election at a time.

I am watching Rachel Maddow right now, rofllol .

05 Jun 2012 23:05 #15 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Considering the money spent on this election, shouldn't he have had a 70% to 10% margin? lol

Were you complaining about this 779 million...

A growing consensus has emerged that the Democratic president, who outraised Republican nominee Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) $779 million to $400 million in 2008, could become the nation’s first politician to raise $1 billion in one cycle.

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/56_98/ob ... 192-1.html

You have any problems with 1 billion? I didn't think so.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

05 Jun 2012 23:07 #16 by archer

FredHayek wrote: Dem spin, the money bought the election, although many exit polls are saying people voted for Walker because they thought he should get to serve his four years.

The big question, is this just a one-off, or is the TEA Party still a formidable political base?

I actually don't think money bought the election (although it didn't hurt)....I do think the Republicans are not getting their money's worth from this election. They probably could have won it with no more than the Dems spent.....but they wanted to make a statement in this election and it may turn out to be a very expensive one. Time will tell if it was money well spent, or they could have better used that money in other races around the nation with more impact....like the senate races.

05 Jun 2012 23:09 #17 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Dem spin, the money bought the election, although many exit polls are saying people voted for Walker because they thought he should get to serve his four years.

I actually don't think money bought the election (although it didn't hurt)....I do think the Republicans are not getting their money's worth from this election. They probably could have won it with no more than the Dems spent.....but they wanted to make a statement in this election and it may turn out to be a very expensive one. Time will tell if it was money well spent, or they could have better used that money in other races around the nation with more impact....like the senate races.

No... the unions wanted to make a statement in this election. The Republicans in Wisconsin didn't ask for the recall. Remember?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

05 Jun 2012 23:19 #18 by archer

Democracy Works wrote:

archer wrote:

No... the unions wanted to make a statement in this election. The Republicans in Wisconsin didn't ask for the recall. Remember?

You always have to go back far enough to make it the Dem's fault. OK...I can do that too....it was Walker who wanted to make a statement by attacking the unions and making policy that he had never run on. The dems had every right to ask for a recall since they perceived Walker as a threat to their state. But if you want.....maybe we could take this back to the Mayflower and some dude's reletives who eventually settled in Wisconsin. My point was, in case it was too complicated for you....once the recall election was a fact, the Republicans threw everything but the kitchen sink at it that they had at their disposal. I call that making a statement. But, if it makes you happy, have it your way.

05 Jun 2012 23:20 #19 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

archer wrote:

You're right, they did make a statement:
BIG LABOR BOSSES CAN NO LONGER BULLY THE TAXPAYER!!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Jun 2012 23:23 #20 by archer

CritiKalbILL wrote:

archer wrote:

You're right, they did make a statement:
BIG LABOR BOSSES CAN NO LONGER BULLY THE TAXPAYER!!!

No need to shout bill, unless you think we won't read your posts unless you yell at us.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds