WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

05 Jun 2012 23:24 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!
OWS gets to shout, why not lil ol me?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2012 23:29 #22 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Democracy Works wrote:

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Dem spin, the money bought the election, although many exit polls are saying people voted for Walker because they thought he should get to serve his four years.

The big question, is this just a one-off, or is the TEA Party still a formidable political base?

I actually don't think money bought the election (although it didn't hurt)....I do think the Republicans are not getting their money's worth from this election. They probably could have won it with no more than the Dems spent.....but they wanted to make a statement in this election and it may turn out to be a very expensive one. Time will tell if it was money well spent, or they could have better used that money in other races around the nation with more impact....like the senate races.

No... the unions wanted to make a statement in this election. The Republicans in Wisconsin didn't ask for the recall. Remember?

You always have to go back far enough to make it the Dem's fault. OK...I can do that too....it was Walker who wanted to make a statement by attacking the unions and making policy that he had never run on. The dems had every right to ask for a recall since they perceived Walker as a threat to their state. But if you want.....maybe we could take this back to the Mayflower and some dude's reletives who eventually settled in Wisconsin. My point was, in case it was too complicated for you....once the recall election was a fact, the Republicans threw everything but the kitchen sink at it that they had at their disposal. I call that making a statement. But, if it makes you happy, have it your way.

I did have it my way... I won!!!

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

05 Jun 2012 23:33 #23 by archer
Replied by archer on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

CritiKalbILL wrote: OWS gets to shout, why not lil ol me?

Are they on this message board? I must have missed them.

05 Jun 2012 23:42 #24 by Blazer Bob
yes, that is too complicated for me.
If you could throw your partisan blinders off you could join the tea party and perhaps affect our trajectory.

We really are not traitors and predators trying to drag down this county.

We are trying to save it.

Join us. At least think about it.

archer wrote: [
You always have to go back far enough to make it the Dem's fault. OK...I can do that too....it was Walker who wanted to make a statement by attacking the unions and making policy that he had never run on. The dems had every right to ask for a recall since they perceived Walker as a threat to their state. But if you want.....maybe we could take this back to the Mayflower and some dude's reletives who eventually settled in Wisconsin. My point was, in case it was too complicated for you....once the recall election was a fact, the Republicans threw everything but the kitchen sink at it that they had at their disposal. I call that making a statement. But, if it makes you happy, have it your way.

05 Jun 2012 23:42 - 05 Jun 2012 23:46 #25 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

otisptoadwater wrote: Check back tomorrow morning, there will be a lawsuit demanding a recount and all kinds of claims from the Donkeys that the election was fixed.

This evening, before the election outcome was known, there were all sorts of claims on this website that the election was fixed (voters being bused in, dead people voting etc) -- only it was the Elephants making the charges. Now that Walker has won, nobody seems to be claiming that any more.

Case in point:

otisptoadwater wrote: I'd like to know how many registered voters actually cast their votes in this election vs. the number of votes cast in total. I'll bet more votes get cast than actual registered voters, probably a lot of dead people voting and "visitors" from elsewhere.

If you believe the earlier statement you made, then obviously there should be a recount.

I find that very funny. :lol:

05 Jun 2012 23:45 #26 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

archer wrote:

You really are serious aren't you? I'm sorry if I hurt your ears :faint:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Jun 2012 23:46 #27 by archer
Replied by archer on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

CritiKalbILL wrote:

archer wrote:

You really are serious aren't you? I'm sorry if I hurt your ears :faint:

You wouldn't recognize a joke if it hit you upside the head with a 2x4.....sheesh bill, lighten up.

06 Jun 2012 05:20 #28 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!
Just Keep doin whatcher doing. :) :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Jun 2012 05:27 #29 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Dem spin, the money bought the election, although many exit polls are saying people voted for Walker because they thought he should get to serve his four years.

The big question, is this just a one-off, or is the TEA Party still a formidable political base?

I actually don't think money bought the election (although it didn't hurt)....I do think the Republicans are not getting their money's worth from this election. They probably could have won it with no more than the Dems spent.....but they wanted to make a statement in this election and it may turn out to be a very expensive one. Time will tell if it was money well spent, or they could have better used that money in other races around the nation with more impact....like the senate races.

It could be like you said a waste of cash but it might also be like the Scott Brown race. An early victory after the McCain debacle had donors opening up their pocketbooks to fund the TEA party.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Jun 2012 06:09 #30 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!
Please everybody. No gloating or celebrating.

Lets just all have a moment of silence for VL and LJ.

TIMES UP!

:can't hear rofllol :lol:

:hotdog: :tea2: :Happywave:

:fireworks4:

:fireworks4:

:fireworks3:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds