WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

06 Jun 2012 11:51 #41 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!
I don't think exit polls mean too much because we have no idea which side was most interested in answering them. I did find it interesting that 17% of Obama supporters and 36% of union workers voted for Walker (if you can believe those polls)..

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2012 12:22 #42 by Connie+H
Actually, in the last Presidential election, Obama won with only 52.8% of the vote. Now add all those original Obama supporters that won't vote for him a second time and there is indeed "something to crow about".

06 Jun 2012 13:23 - 06 Jun 2012 17:37 #43 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WALKER TAKES WISCONSIN BACK!

Connie+H wrote: Actually, in the last Presidential election, Obama won with only 52.8% of the vote. Now add all those original Obama supporters that won't vote for him a second time and there is indeed "something to crow about".

Maybe, but we've all seen how fast polls can turn on even the most insignificant new info. Look how fast Cain went from the top to being out... it wasn't his ideas that killed him, it was his personal life. I don't think there are enough voters who vote on real issues that will effect our future, I fear that too many vote for their own interests or based on who looks like themselves.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Jun 2012 14:45 #44 by BearMtnHIB

Connie+H wrote: Actually, in the last Presidential election, Obama won with only 52.8% of the vote. Now add all those original Obama supporters that won't vote for him a second time and there is indeed "something to crow about".

You bring up a very good point Connie+H, really the election was won by a 2.8% margin. What I like to say is that the country has shifted since 2008.

And I see that shift being somwhere between 12% and 15%. And I think the shift has already happened a long time ago- back in 2010. A shift to the right of 15% means that Obama is going to lose.

Remember - Bush hatred was the main reason many people would not vote for an "R"- now we have alot of Obama voters who will not vote for him again. Add everybody up and the shift is 12 to 15%.

It's enough to put our robot Mittens in the white house. Nearly every election since 2010 has shown a shift to the right.

06 Jun 2012 16:33 #45 by Soulshiner

Blazer Bob wrote: If you could throw your partisan blinders off you could join the tea party and perhaps affect our trajectory.

C'mon, we ALL know that the Tea Party is a part of the Republicans. They are as partisan as you can get.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds