Supreme Court upholds key part of Arizona immigration law

25 Jun 2012 13:14 #21 by Martin Ent Inc

BearMtnHIB wrote:

The party left me, I didn't leave it.

That's the same thing LJ says- but I can tell you from reading both your and LJ's posts- when the party left you, it was because you both took a hard left turn.

We will nevertheless count you in along with LJ as the great conservative thinkers you so obiviously are.

NASCAR fans. who'd a thunk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2012 13:48 #22 by LadyJazzer

Mitt Romney Evasive On Arizona Immigration Law Decision

Romney has mostly attempted to stay away from the law. He said ahead of the primary in Arizona that the state should be a model for the nation on immigration enforcement, but was referring to a separate law regarding employment verification of legal status.

Still, Romney previously aligned himself somewhat with Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, one of the main architects of SB 1070, and said he supports self-deportation, the idea of making it difficult for undocumented immigrants to live in the United States until they decide to leave. That philosophy is similar to the one behind SB 1070.

Romney has said repeatedly he would drop lawsuits against Arizona and other states with similar legislation "on day one" of his presidency.

More recently, Romney has backed off on tough immigration enforcement talk. Last week, before a crowd of Latino elected officials, he called for Congress to act in a bipartisan fashion on immigration reform. He also pointed out that Obama promised to push for immigration reform during his first year in office and didn't do so. Both messages were repeated in Romney's statement Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 24618.html

Mitt Romney...Evasive? Say it ain't so, Joe?!?! Backed off of his previous tough stance? You can hear the surprise in *MY* voice!!!

But hey, it's only 2pm...It could change before the next news cycle...

25 Jun 2012 17:37 #23 by LOL

Martin Ent Inc wrote: NASCAR fans. who'd a thunk

:)

:lol:

Can't you just see these lefties racing around a Track in their Toyoto Prius at 45mph LOL :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Jun 2012 17:57 #24 by archer
Interesting that the conservatives here today have nothing to offer a discussion but outright lies about the liberals. You all squeal like stuck pigs when a liberal is perceived as making assumptions about conservatives, but several posts here have gone well beyond just making an erroneous assumption. What I am reading are malicious lies....yeah, that's a good way to foster a discussion.

25 Jun 2012 17:59 #25 by archer
.....and I'm a big NASCAR fan.

25 Jun 2012 18:08 #26 by LOL

archer wrote: .....and I'm a big NASCAR fan.

I always suspected you were a closet knuckle-dragger Nascar fan archer. :)

:lol:

I gotta framed picture of ol #3 the "Intimidator" in my garage next to my tool box! :thumbsup:

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Jun 2012 18:10 #27 by PrintSmith
I would expect you to be archer - NASCAR races are, for the most part, nothing but left turns going 'round and 'round in circles - much like the left's policy positions in general. :wink:

You know I'm just kidding you, sorta kinda, don't you? That was a hanging curve just waiting to be driven out of the park. I'm going to refrain from commenting until I have had the opportunity to read the entire decision. I have heard that Alito read a portion or all if his dissent from the bench, an unusual event and a pretty good indication that he not only disagreed with the majority, he really disagreed with the majority. It will be interesting to find out precisely what that was.

25 Jun 2012 18:16 #28 by archer
I can always entice my kids to AZ for a visit...the Phoenix NASCAR race and Rockies spring training.....we are a popular vacation destination in March!

25 Jun 2012 18:22 - 25 Jun 2012 18:27 #29 by archer
The reasoning behind the courts decision actually made sense to me...how can you rule on racial profiling if the law hasn't been implemented. I don't think the court can, or would, rule on something that hasn't happened. It will be up to Arpaio to keep his officers operating within the constraints of the law. He hasn't had a lot of success following the law in the past....we'll see what happens going forward. You know the feds will be watching
closely. Which is a good thing....and will drive Arpaio nuts.

1070, as written, doesn't allow for racial profiling. So, it isn't technically unconstitutional. How it is applied may be something else entirely.

25 Jun 2012 18:25 #30 by LOL

archer wrote: I can always entice my kids to AZ for a visit...the Phoenix NASCAR race and Rockies spring training.....we are a popular vacation destination in March!

I know, I think I told you I went to the UA in Tucson. Arizona is a nice place, esp Sept-April! Go Wildcats! Beat ASU! :)

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds