Romney's VP pick leaked before Saturday announcement

11 Aug 2012 00:22 #11 by Soulshiner
@JesseLaGreca By picking Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney becomes the first magician I've ever seen who could nail himself inside his own coffin

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2012 06:51 #12 by Raees
Really enjoyed the late night yucks. The neocons must have gone to bed early or maybe the hadn't gotten their reaction talking points.

11 Aug 2012 07:16 #13 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: If Ryan is the pick, then the Romney campaign was right today.....the polls can change next week, I don't see Ryan appealing to any but the far right wing of the Republican party...certainly not to independents, and any liberals thinking of not voting for Obama will be re-energized to keep Ryan away from any opportunity to be president. Ryan could do for Romney what Sarah did for McCain.

A bit of a surprising pick. The choice of Ryan is an indication of focus on domestic issues and I was expecting the pick to be more foreign policy based.

Ryan will appeal to the Reagan Democrats. The Democrats in Wisconsin.have reelected him numerous times. One thing for certain - the federal budget just became the focus of the presidential race and that isn't going to be good news for Obama.

If you want to talk about reenergizing the base, this was the perfect choice to get the folks who tossed out 63 Democrats in the House and 6 in the Senate to the polls on election day. The Democrats should just kiss their majority in the Senate goodbye now to save them the trouble of doing it later.

Will it get Romney into the White House? Maybe not - but it's certainly going to help down ticket and that is going to help the top of the ticket as well.

Romney/Ryan 2012 - hide and watch folks - this is about to get good.

11 Aug 2012 07:19 #14 by Raees
Thurston Howell/Eddie Munster 2012

11 Aug 2012 07:30 #15 by FredHayek

Raees wrote: Thurston Howell/Eddie Munster 2012

:lol: You keep underestimating the opposistion. Hopefully Axelrod does too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Aug 2012 07:54 #16 by Rick

FredHayek wrote:

Raees wrote: Thurston Howell/Eddie Munster 2012

:lol: You keep underestimating the opposistion. Hopefully Axelrod does too.

I'm sure Assrod is quite giddy... that's a good sign.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Aug 2012 07:54 #17 by LadyJazzer
Lest we not forget:

Paul Ryan And Ayn Rand

Ryan would retain some bare-bones subsidies for the poorest, but the overwhelming thrust in every way is to liberate the lucky and successful to enjoy their good fortune without burdening them with any responsibility for the welfare of their fellow citizens. This is the core of Ryan's moral philosophy:

"The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand," Ryan said at a D.C. gathering four years ago honoring the author of "Atlas Shrugged" and "The Fountainhead." ...

At the Rand celebration he spoke at in 2005, Ryan invoked the central theme of Rand's writings when he told his audience that, "Almost every fight we are involved in here on Capitol Hill ... is a fight that usually comes down to one conflict--individualism versus collectivism."

The core of the Randian worldview, as absorbed by the modern GOP, is a belief that the natural market distribution of income is inherently moral, and the central struggle of politics is to free the successful from having the fruits of their superiority redistributed by looters and moochers.

[I}t's not just a teenage fascination but the continuing embodiment of his public philosophy, it's worth noting again that Rand is a twisted, hateful thinker.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/ ... d-ayn-rand

I love the smell of selfishness and sociopathy in the morning.

"Nobody Has Done More To Prevent The Passage Of Bipartisan Debt Agreement Than Paul Ryan"

11 Aug 2012 08:02 #18 by Nobody that matters
Frankly, he could have picked Eddie Munster - and I still won't vote for Obama. I disagree with his policies THAT much, that I'm voting for someone else hoping they'll begin to steer us in the right direction.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Aug 2012 08:21 #19 by Rick
I think Romney picking Ryan helps to recreate the election in 2010 and we can recall what the dems thought would happen and then what actually did happen. The happiness from the Dems is a repeat of what happened with the creation on the Tea Party movement... they thought it would hurt the Republicans and they were very wrong (as usual).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Aug 2012 08:22 #20 by LadyJazzer
"Hope and change"? :lol:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds