Gay, Lesbian, Transsexual, Transgender- What is difference?

28 Jul 2010 11:45 #1 by Nmysys
Since we right wing extremists are accused so often of being homophobes, how about someone explaining all these different terms to educate us idiots. Anyone out there with INSIDE knowledge to share this with us to help us out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2010 12:22 #2 by The Viking
Here is a link to many of the terms and definitions associated with homosexuality. Very educational.

http://www.uis.edu/studentaffairs/safez ... itions.pdf

28 Jul 2010 12:45 #3 by Nmysys
Thanks Viking, but I was hoping to get a response from the fanatical left people who seem to dominate most of the threads I get into. Maybe they can clarify this a little more and call me names. Makes for much more fun than what you sent me.

BTW how come you had such ready access of this information? Just asking.

28 Jul 2010 12:59 #4 by netdude
Due to the fact that the Viking is much more open compared to many on the right when it comes to these issues and has more than a few friends who fit into these categories. ANd maybe the name calling might actually be more of a categorization in which you fit but don't like it.....

28 Jul 2010 13:28 #5 by Nmysys
Let me clarify this is you will allow me to. I didn't start this thread to start name calling or be judgmental. I truly wish to know the differences, the problems of being a member of one of the groups, prejudices, and reasons for basically hating us right wingers and constantly calling us homophobes because we are conservatives, right-wingers, et al, to attempt to bridge the divide somewhat. I think ,most, not all of us are past the racial issues that are constantly being thrown at us, most are prejudiced in this issue due to Religious teachings we have been indoctrinated with, but many, I think just don't understand these issues. What is different to most, causes prejudice, naturally. I am trying to humanize the issue in order to determine my own feelings towards same-sex marriage and other issues that may not be on the agenda today, like multiple marriages, marriages that are out of the norm to the average person, yet seems to be so important to those who these issues affect.

This may bring out a lot of anger from most, but still could accomplish a lot to find the commonalities in people, not just the differences. I don't mean to be offensive with the subject.

28 Jul 2010 13:31 #6 by CC
Bravo Nmysys
Great answer. The left does not like to be called names or categorized so why would they think the right would appreciate the behavior either?

28 Jul 2010 14:46 #7 by Scooby72
Both the left and the right have bad apples that resort to name calling - I don't think either side has a monopoly. :wink:

28 Jul 2010 17:26 #8 by Nmysys
Scooby you are right about the fact that there are bad apples in every barrel. I am truly trying to find an actual debate on the issues instead of name calling. Hopefully intelligent people of both sides can actually learn some tolerance and gain some understanding of both sides of the issues.

28 Jul 2010 18:18 #9 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: I am truly trying to find an actual debate on the issues instead of name calling.

All you did was ask for definitions of words. That isn't much of a debate.

What I can't figure out is why you asked people on the left -- fanatical left people, as you characterized them -- and didn't just ask anyone who knew? Given the multitude of news stories about gay lawmakers on both sides pf the political spectrum, I'm not sure why you narrowed it to only the left to respond, or didn't just Google for the answers.

28 Jul 2010 18:22 #10 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds