Another CO shooting.

05 Jan 2013 13:20 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Another CO shooting.

FredHayek wrote: CG I don't know if I agree. Murders continue to decline but I think the press is choosing to give it more coverage. Like when Bush was in office Iraq GI casualties got much more time but they were very small compared to Korea and Vietnam and got no attention when it became Obama's war. A few years ago the rage was about crime in Mexico but it had peaked awhile ago.

I think Social media is doing it and the papers are now competing with people that have no problem posting anything, like twitter. Instead of the press just coming up with better stories they have gone down in the mud with everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2013 13:30 #12 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Another CO shooting.

CinnamonGirl wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I specifically did not mention it when I first saw it reported, because what's the point? Just a few more deaths in Aurora...Big f'ing deal...

Thank goodness it was not your family.

You aren't too swift at picking up on sarcasm, are you...?

05 Jan 2013 13:52 #13 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Another CO shooting.
Wow. Using these tragedies to highlight your political POV just is nauseating.

05 Jan 2013 13:53 #14 by LadyJazzer
Y'know, I feel the same way about the gun-wacko scumbags using it to say, "See?!? Gun control laws wouldn't have stopped it."

Pot/Kettle/Black

05 Jan 2013 14:17 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Another CO shooting.
Pretty bitter for someone who " won" in November.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jan 2013 14:30 #16 by LadyJazzer
I'm sure that's relevant somewhere... You keep trying...

At least you got to use the word "bitter" in a sentence...

05 Jan 2013 15:06 #17 by WarrenK
Replied by WarrenK on topic Another CO shooting.

CinnamonGirl wrote:

FredHayek wrote: CG I don't know if I agree. Murders continue to decline but I think the press is choosing to give it more coverage. Like when Bush was in office Iraq GI casualties got much more time but they were very small compared to Korea and Vietnam and got no attention when it became Obama's war. A few years ago the rage was about crime in Mexico but it had peaked awhile ago.

I think Social media is doing it and the papers are now competing with people that have no problem posting anything, like twitter. Instead of the press just coming up with better stories they have gone down in the mud with everyone.

CG, I feel your frustration. As I posted on another thread, the "news" media today does not report news, it is solely designed to influence public opinion. Its all about power and dependance. And I also agree that social media (including these forums) create an anonymous venue for people to rant and express themselves in ways they might not if actually face-to-face with someone (if I'm wrong - and they would anyway - it raises a much larger issue about where their heart is.)

The core of all this is truly a heart issue. You cannot legislate morality or civility, it has to be in one's heart. If this was not true then why are the thousands of laws already on the books not a deterrent to this evil. The "news" and social media's answer is to spread feel-good relativism or "if it's good for you its OK for you, if its good for me its OK for me." The Bible says we live in a fallen world and that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The true answer is Jesus Christ. Without a solid foundation and without something to compare absolute truth against, society degenerates into a free for all selfish expression of what's evil in all of us. I'm no better than anyone else and probably worse than most, but I do believe in, and put my hope in He who is better than anyone.

As Water Reflects A Face, So The Heart Reflects The Person
Proverbs 27:19

05 Jan 2013 17:34 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Another CO shooting.

LadyJazzer wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I specifically did not mention it when I first saw it reported, because what's the point? Just a few more deaths in Aurora...Big f'ing deal...

Thank goodness it was not your family.

You aren't too swift at picking up on sarcasm, are you...?

No, people that know me well know that I do have trouble at times with sarcasm.

05 Jan 2013 17:37 #19 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Another CO shooting.

LadyJazzer wrote: Y'know, I feel the same way about the gun-wacko scumbags using it to say, "See?!? Gun control laws wouldn't have stopped it."

Pot/Kettle/Black

Someone else's bad behavior never excuses your own and if you can find an example of me descending to this sort of cynical dismissal of the personal tragedies of others then I will resign from this board out of pure self disgust. The way we speak to each other reflects the way we behave to each other. If this is the best we can do, how can we expect our politicians to do better?

05 Jan 2013 18:13 #20 by LadyJazzer
If the challenge is to "find someone on YOUR side that has done the same thing"...I thought you'd never ask:

The Dude wrote:

WarrenK wrote:
Also, in the mall shooting in Oregon last year the perpetrator choose that mall because it had a displayed policy prohibiting LEGAL concealed-carry of arms into the facility, and he felt it an easier target because of this. So abolishing the 2nd amendment make us less safe, not more safe..

Do you have link for this. I dont recall them interviewing the shooter after he died.

The Viking wrote: Liberal logic again. Criminals are praying for gun free zones! They are safest there and can commit the easiest and most crimes there. And that includes our schools.

Pot/Kettle/Black

I'm not going to play the game of "Gee, find an example where personally did it...

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds