2 adults, 3 children dead in NM shootingl

20 Jan 2013 20:19 #21 by FOS
only for some

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2013 20:22 #22 by MountainRoadCrew
Would you have preferred that these entire posts below be moved to the Ring instead since they all contained a quote of the post that had been moved? Instead of spending time removing that one copied quote, we could've just moved them all in their entirety. First you complained about posts being split out so that you had to follow 2 separate threads, now when only one post is split out, and specific quotes of only that post removed from subsequent replies, you imply that this site is deleting or censoring unfairly. You suggest moving entire threads to the Ring instead of splitting out individual posts, but refuse to answer the question of what's the difference between doing that and just merging the Courthouse with the Ring?

No content has been deleted, the original post still exists now in the forum in which it belongs. If you don't want your subsequent replies to be moved as well, don't quote personal attacks and insults or they will get moved too.

navycpo7 wrote: Unlike you, I use a little common sense. I am also unlike you, in that I do not know all, see all and want to push an agenda. If an individual wants to do bodily harm it will happen regardless if they have a gun or not.

archer wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:
Unlike you, I use a little common sense. I am also unlike you, in that I do not know all, see all and want to push an agenda. If an individual wants to do bodily harm it will happen regardless if they have a gun or not.

That may be true, but how many they can kill and how quickly may be a function of what weapon they use. A knife is not nearly as efficient.

navycpo7 wrote:

archer wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:
Unlike you, I use a little common sense. I am also unlike you, in that I do not know all, see all and want to push an agenda. If an individual wants to do bodily harm it will happen regardless if they have a gun or not.

That may be true, but how many they can kill and how quickly may be a function of what weapon they use. A knife is not nearly as efficient.

I agree with you on that.

20 Jan 2013 20:29 #23 by archer
If you post something jf1, and that post contains a quote, and that quote is removed from your post....hasn't something been deleted?

It's a slippery slope for the owner and the moderators frogger, how soon before the moderators get tired of having to move offending posts, and editing out parts of other posts and decide that it would be easier to just delete the offending posts, and if that gets too tiresome maybe just suspend the offending posters till they learn how to behave properly? And if they don't behave then maybe a banning is in order. And so it goes, from unmoderated board to a pinecam clone.

20 Jan 2013 20:39 #24 by jf1acai
If posters are unable to learn, perhaps they should be restricted to the Ring, rather than banned? Just my thought.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Jan 2013 20:40 #25 by FOS
aren't you putting your cart before the horse? I trust the owner knows what she is doing. A little overdue housekeeping. Why is it so hard to understand that if you want to personally insult other members the ring is the place to do that?

20 Jan 2013 21:03 #26 by archer

frogger wrote: aren't you putting your cart before the horse? I trust the owner knows what she is doing. A little overdue housekeeping. Why is it so hard to understand that if you want to personally insult other members the ring is the place to do that?

Maybe I am, but I have seen too many boards go downhill after the moderation starts. (beyond the obvious TOS violations). I don't much like the personal insults, though some are pretty benign middle school stuff and I see no reason to take much offense at them beyond pointing them out. Sorry, have to laugh at the idea of posting, in response to something said,.....hey....please go over to the ring, I posted an insult there.

:VeryScared:

20 Jan 2013 21:19 - 20 Jan 2013 22:51 #27 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote:

285 Road Crew wrote: A post was split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25616 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25616<!-- l -->

Any quotes of this specific post were removed from subsequent posts so that the replies could be left here otherwise instead of also being moved.

So we have gone from moving offending posts to deleting parts of some posts.......I am so not liking the direction this is going. It's deja vu all over again.

:angry:

:angry:

:thumbsup: :like:

20 Jan 2013 21:23 #28 by Raees

frogger wrote: I trust the owner knows what she is doing.

I wanted to save this one for posterity. :thumbsup:

20 Jan 2013 21:35 #29 by FOS
I think she does. Save this one to.

20 Jan 2013 23:54 #30 by Raees
Back to the family of five killed in New Mexico. Hope you don't mind.

The sheriff says it was the mother, father and three of their young children.

RIP.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds