Ballot Proposal To Overturn Magazine Limits?

14 Mar 2013 05:51 #31 by RenegadeCJ

archer wrote: I dunno....bans on smoking seem to have an effect over time on the number of people who die from smoking related illnesses, perhaps these laws will have a similar effect.

How about the bans on drugs....did that get rid of them? Did it stop all the crime associated with it?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2013 05:54 #32 by RenegadeCJ

archer wrote:

chickaree wrote:

archer wrote: Oh LJ, don't you know the conservatives here are a kinder, gentler bunch now?.....instead of wanting us dead, they just want to silence our voices.......what could possibly be wrong with that?

Oh sheesh.. Drama much? Asking for informative, courteous discussion isn't an attempt to silence anyone. I suppose when you asked your kids to deport themselves courteously at the dinner table you were trying to "silence their voices".

Why yes I was, I was the parent, they were the children, and as a parent I could ask, no require, them to be mindful of what they said to others, and teach them how to act appropriately at our dinner table. I could also punish them for behaving badly in public. You, are not my parent, and do not have the right to do that, do you.

But you have made my point quite eloquently.....by admitting you are trying to parent the liberals into acting the way YOU want, but not particularly caring how you, or your buddies act.

Enough, I know what has been going on here, so do you.

I can't speak for others Archer, only myself, but this conservative has no desire to silence debate, although one poster who only spits bile, and would relish the death of any conservative, has caused me to lose any and all respect for her opinion. You don't discuss things by walking up and punching someone in the face, then trying to have a civil discussion.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

14 Mar 2013 08:41 #33 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I feel the same way about conservatives ever since one of them who "Wanted to kill ALL Liberals" caused me to lose any respect I had for them...

Pot/Kettle/Black

14 Mar 2013 11:45 #34 by ScienceChic
There's an important distinction here though. Renegade clearly says that he doesn't generalize it to losing respect for all liberals, based on one person's comments, and isn't reducing broad-brushed generalizations preferable?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Mar 2013 11:55 - 14 Mar 2013 12:11 #35 by LadyJazzer

Science Chic wrote: There's an important distinction here though. Renegade clearly says that he doesn't generalize it to losing respect for all liberals, based on one person's comments, and isn't reducing broad-brushed generalizations preferable?

I personally don't care about Renegade's distinction or non-distinction... He's going to play the "LJ-Derangement-Syndrome" card anyway. If he wants to hate me for things pulled out of context, he will do so...

And I have enough things from the right-wingers about their contempt for blacks, women, gays, poor, the 47%-er's, ad nauseum, that I quit trying to worry about which ones are despicable, and which ones aren't, a long time ago.

14 Mar 2013 12:01 #36 by FredHayek
Looks like Hick will sign the new law, but how will they enforce it? Most magazines are not date coded. And even if you have a pre-2013 date code, will the prosecuter have to find proof you bought it in 2013 or after?

BTW, [url=http://www.magpul.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.magpul.com[/url] has the contact information if you want to give the good governor a last minute call or e-mail to convince him to change his mind.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Mar 2013 12:09 #37 by LadyJazzer
I'd like to send Magpul a good-bye card...

14 Mar 2013 12:17 #38 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote:
And I have enough things from the right-wingers about their contempt for blacks, women, gays, poor, the 47%-er's, ad nauseum, that I quit trying to worry about which ones are despicable, and which ones aren't, a long time ago.

That certainly explains how you have such a comprehensive understanding of the rights hate, bigotry, blind adherence to talking points, etc.................................

14 Mar 2013 12:19 #39 by LadyJazzer
Why, yes it does... I just take everything I believe in, and turn into a hateful position, and voila! I come up with YOU.

14 Mar 2013 12:29 #40 by Grady

Blazer Bob wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

That certainly explains how you have such a comprehensive understanding of the rights hate, bigotry, blind adherence to talking points, etc.................................

:like:

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds