Ballot Proposal To Overturn Magazine Limits?

13 Mar 2013 18:32 #11 by archer
Hmmmmmm.....do you think we will see a mass exodus of conservatives from Colorado LJ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2013 18:33 #12 by LadyJazzer
We couldn't possibly be that lucky... But I'll hold the door open....

13 Mar 2013 18:49 #13 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: We couldn't possibly be that lucky... But I'll hold the door open....

We know.

Democracy4Sale wrote: I've become increasingly convinced that the teabaggers and the extremists are bat-sh*t-crazy, and should be locked up before they hurt themselves...and anyone else...............................................................................................................................................

Does that make it easy enough to understand my position?

There was never any doubt. You could save a lot of money by gassing them instead.[/quote]

LadyJazzer wrote: If I thought I could get away with it....................................

It would clean up the gene-pool.

[/quote]

13 Mar 2013 18:52 - 23 Jan 2017 13:51 #14 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, and I remember BearMtnHIB saying he'd like to "Kill All The Liberals"...

Something the Dog Said wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

We already know BearMtnHIB is up for killing anyone who doesn't agree with his politics.

LJ, come on. You don't know that. That is pretty inflammatory.

We do know that. BearMtnHIB is on the record advocating the death and violence of those who oppose his political viewpoints:
mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...bring-a-gun?start=30

BearMtnHIB wrote:

You are absolutely right, there certainly is no evidence that the right wing rhetoric would lead an unbalanced individual to violence against a Democratic politician.

If it does - that's just a bonus!

archer wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote:

I'll file your
Quote:

Granny may have to pick up the tab on the difference. Sorry Granny - sometimes reality sucks.

with your other famous one about how anybody who doesn't agree with you should die.

Nice to know what you stand for.

Can you provide a source for this claim- or are you just twisting what I said again until it has a totally different meaning.

Typical Commie.

How interesting.....I went back to BaerMtnHIB's post on killing liberals and who would have guessed it but the offending words were taken from the original post.....but not to worry, I had quoted them in a post of my own

BearMtnHIB wrote: Their opinion does matter. We need to know who the enemy is after all. And I don't think we need to kill the entire left because I think if a few thousand of the main players fall, then the rest of you on the left will duck and run and shut up real quick.

Killing a few of the left would make life better for conservatives I guess, same as letting some seniors die....all to make life a little better for BearMtnHIB.

see the entire thread here:
mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...bring-a-gun?start=60

mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...ll-medicare?start=20

He did try to delete the posts where he directly advocating killing liberals, but it is found in other quotes in the post.

Then we have his cheerleaders who seem to support his views such as CriticalBill, Outdoor338, Conifermtnman and others.
mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...zens?start=30#117694

His original posts were when he celebrated the violence against Gibby Giffords and the death of her aide. He tried to later scrub the comments, but they were immortalized in other threads. He was and is a serious sociopath who should be carefully monitored.

Soooo, Bob....Your point is....?

13 Mar 2013 18:55 #15 by chickaree
Shoes =\= high capacity magazines. The last few mass shootings have been committed by inexperienced shooters who could only achieve their high kill rate because of their equipment, not their skill. Keeping this sort of military-style armaments out of the hands of people who are ill equipped to deal with them seems logical to me.

And no, conservatives don't run away when we lose. Sorry 'bout that.

And Bearmtn doesn't represent me.

13 Mar 2013 18:57 #16 by archer
Oh LJ, don't you know the conservatives here are a kinder, gentler bunch now?.....instead of wanting us dead, they just want to silence our voices.......what could possibly be wrong with that?

13 Mar 2013 19:00 #17 by gmule

LadyJazzer wrote:

High-Capacity Magazines Limit Bill Passed In Colorado House, Gov. John Hickenooper Expected To Sign Into Law

A bill that bans the manufacture and sale of high-capacity magazines in Colorado, limiting them to a maximum of 15 rounds passed the state House Wednesday and now heads to Gov. John Hickenlooper who is expected to sign the bill into law.

House Bill 1224 passed on a 34-30 vote with three Democratic lawmakers siding against the bill with Republicans, Rep. Leroy Garcia (D-Pueblo), Rep. Steve Lebsock (D-Thornton) and Rep. Ed Vigil (D-Fort Garland), The Denver Post reports.

One of the most vocal opponents of the bill, Magpul -- an Erie-based gun accessory manufacturer, one of the largest gun accessory makers in the nation -- had threatened to leave the state if the bill were to pass. Richard Fitzpatrick, founder and CEO of Magpul, reiterated those sentiments today during the hearing for the bill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... 69749.html

Buh-bye... :biggrin:

One down... Four to go...

Oh, and the current poll of Colorado Residents:

95 percent of voters agree that people with "serious mental health problems" should be prevented from owning a gun.
80 percent of voters agree that judges should be able to order someone who is "convicted of domestic violence or given a restraining order" to surrender their guns to the court.
80 percent of voters agree that all private gun sales should go through a licensed dealer and be subject to a background check.
65 percent of voters agree that guns should be banned on college and university campuses.
61 percent of voters agree that the sale and possession of semi-automatic guns and assault rifles should be banned.
61 percent of voters agree that the sale and possession of high-capacity ammunition clips, which allow some guns to shoot more than 10 bullets before reloading, should be banned.

Yeah, I hope you guys try to go for a ballot proposal--with 61% of Colorado residents saying that "no more than 10 rounds should be allowed per magazine/clip... (Hmmmm.... I wonder how much that will cost ?)

Oh, and: Colorado's Package Of Strict, New Gun Control Bills Near Final Passage

Of course this law will also be worthless because people can still buy high capacity magazines in other states and bring them back here, and the burden of proof will be on the prosecutor to show that you brought the magazines in after the law went into effect. About the only effect the law will have will be to outlaw the current and future sales of new high capacity magazines in Colorado.

These bills are so hastily put together that the loopholes are so big that you can drive trucks through them. :faint:

I can see the black markets getting ready to explode right now. Weed out and arms in. What a great way to make everyone feel safer :rofllol

13 Mar 2013 19:03 #18 by LadyJazzer
And isn't interesting that Bob "selectively edited" this post so that it wouldn't show the source of the "...gassing them instead" comment....Here, Bob... Let me help you with that....since you haven't got the guts to do it yourself:

Blazer Bob wrote: There was never any doubt. You could save a lot of money by gassing them instead.

13 Mar 2013 19:05 #19 by archer
I dunno....bans on smoking seem to have an effect over time on the number of people who die from smoking related illnesses, perhaps these laws will have a similar effect.

13 Mar 2013 19:09 #20 by archer
I'm still ambivalent on bans on anything......it's not in my DNA to want someone else to be telling me what to do (duh!) but I see the limits on mags and on assault style weapons to be more regulation than an outright ban, and I do agree with many regulations that make our country safer.....drunk driving, guns in the hands of children, seatbelt laws for kids (I disagree with the ones for adults), etc.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds