Don't Let the Republicans kill Medicare!

20 Apr 2011 13:57 #21 by LadyJazzer
It's their own damned fault for getting old...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2011 14:02 #22 by FredHayek

chickaree wrote: Vouchers are useless if health care costs continue to escalate.

:biggrin: But if people shop around because they are particpating in the costs, costs should fall.

Obama and Pelosi require that insurance can no longer cut you off at a million dollars worth of benefits and you don't expect your insurance premiums to increase? The Dems loaded the deck to make private insurance look bad.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Apr 2011 14:10 #23 by LadyJazzer
The Dems didn't need ANY help to make the private insurance companies look bad... We've been posting some of the "death panel" decisions that they have been making here for weeks...

To swallow the idea that someone over 70 can take a voucher and shop around for health care that will actually cover their health issues in their 70's, 80's, 90's is Kool-Aid drinking at its finest... The GOP plan is NOT about "reducing health care costs", (i.e., the costs of actually PROVIDING health care); it's about giving the wealthy an unnecessary tax break and shifting the cost of COVERING senior's health care on to those that can least afford it...Seniors.

Medicare was a pact that the American people made with their seniors... "You pay into the system, and when you reach 65, your health care will be covered." Only the "Let's kill Granny" conservatives could start looking for a way to kill Granny faster...

20 Apr 2011 14:27 #24 by BearMtnHIB

Medicare was a pact that the American people made with their seniors... "You pay into the system, and when you reach 65, your health care will be covered." Only the "Let's kill Granny" conservatives could start looking for a way to kill Granny faster...

Health care is not a right- it is a service you can purchase if you can afford it. If you can't afford it- you may be able to get the taxpayers to pay for it- or maybe not. It's not that we want to kill granny- we can't afford to pay for what we thought we could. We're broke!

NO- I don't think we made this pact- to pay for every health care cost for everyone when they get old. Even if we did- we can not afford to pay it- we never could afford to pay it. For sure- people who are working now will not have those benefits- we are going to have to cut them back.

So yea- might as well start cutting back now- so the system will be solvent now and into the future. Granny may have to pick up the tab on the difference.

Sorry Granny - sometimes reality sucks.

20 Apr 2011 14:31 #25 by LadyJazzer
We're talking about MEDICARE here...Not generic "health care"... And yes, MEDICARE IS A RIGHT... IT"S BEEN PAID FOR AS A DEDUCTION FROM PAYCHECKS FOR NEARLY 50 YEARS SO THAT IT IS A RIGHT. It may have to be tweaked to keep it solvent... Giving Granny a voucher and saying "tough sh*t" is not a tweak.

Good luck trying to sell it any other way to the 84% of the American people who don't want the wingnuts on the Right messing with it.

I'll file your

Granny may have to pick up the tab on the difference. Sorry Granny - sometimes reality sucks.

with your other famous one about how anybody who doesn't agree with you should die. Nice to know what you stand for.

20 Apr 2011 14:38 #26 by kresspin

Nmysys wrote: Kresspin:

Make up your mind!!!

Don't bother LJ, you are working in a vacuum.

Are you for or against cutting Medicare? I couldn't tell from your responses.

20 Apr 2011 14:44 #27 by AspenValley
I'm to the point where I actually hope they succeed. Then watch all their "base", which includes one heck of a lot of seniors, turn pale in shock. Maybe that's what it will take to wake people up. So many Tea Partiers want everyone ELSES ox gored but don't think anyone is going to gore theirs. Hardee har har!

20 Apr 2011 14:49 #28 by BearMtnHIB

I'll file your
Quote:

Granny may have to pick up the tab on the difference. Sorry Granny - sometimes reality sucks.

with your other famous one about how anybody who doesn't agree with you should die.

Nice to know what you stand for.

Can you provide a source for this claim- or are you just twisting what I said again until it has a totally different meaning.

Typical Commie.

20 Apr 2011 14:55 #29 by BearMtnHIB
How England Saves Money on Health Care

I have argued that the main method by which nationalized health care systems, such as the National Health Service in the UK, saves money is simple: deny health care. Care is bureaucratically rationed out. Some people get it, some people don't and it often depends on the whim of untrained bureaucrats or by which "health district" you reside in. This story illustrates NHS health savings in action.

Read the story.......
http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-england-saves-money-on-health-care.html This is what LJ wants.

20 Apr 2011 15:19 #30 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote:

I'll file your
Quote:

with your other famous one about how anybody who doesn't agree with you should die.

Nice to know what you stand for.

Can you provide a source for this claim- or are you just twisting what I said again until it has a totally different meaning.

Typical Commie.

How interesting.....I went back to BaerMtnHIB's post on killing liberals and who would have guessed it but the offending words were taken from the original post.....but not to worry, I had quoted them in a post of my own

BearMtnHIB wrote: Their opinion does matter. We need to know who the enemy is after all. And I don't think we need to kill the entire left because I think if a few thousand of the main players fall, then the rest of you on the left will duck and run and shut up real quick.

Killing a few of the left would make life better for conservatives I guess, same as letting some seniors die....all to make life a little better for BearMtnHIB.

see the entire thread here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=...=bearmtnhib&start=60 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7222&hilit=bearmtnhib&start=60<!-- l -->

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds