Don't Let the Republicans kill Medicare!

20 Apr 2011 09:59 #11 by LadyJazzer
I presented my facts... Where are yours? You got anything besides the usual personal insults?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2011 10:12 #12 by outdoor338
LJ, the king of insult has spoken!

20 Apr 2011 10:26 #13 by Nmysys
FACTS??? Who are you kidding?

1001 people. There are over 310,000,000 and they choose the 1001 people. Have another drink and hold on to the ground Hairy Potter!!

20 Apr 2011 10:27 #14 by LadyJazzer
I presented my facts... Where are yours? You got anything besides the usual personal insults?

Deflection....

20 Apr 2011 11:36 #15 by BearMtnHIB

They're trying to replace it with a ludicrous privatized system where seniors are given vouchers to try to buy coverage from private, for-profit insurance companies--the very same companies notorious for denying them coverage.

I think it's a great idea.

Government should not be involved in the medical care business.

This is a function for the private sector.

20 Apr 2011 11:47 #16 by chickaree
I agree, it should be private, but non- profit. The government is too big a bureaucratic to do it well, insurance companies are too greedy andprofit oriented to have health as thier first concern. Let churches and other non-profit groups do this, they are the only ones who will do it well.

20 Apr 2011 11:53 #17 by BearMtnHIB
I don't see what would be wrong with a voucher system.

This would allow every individual to shop for the best value care - and promote competition between providers to lower their costs.

20 Apr 2011 12:07 #18 by chickaree
Vouchers are useless if health care costs continue to escalate.

20 Apr 2011 12:18 #19 by BearMtnHIB
Health care costs will continue to escalate- unless we start to change the system to promote competition and allow the individuals more choices. The government is no good at doing those kinds of things.

Vouchers can be given out at the value that "we the people" can afford- instead of absorbing the total cost by borrowing money we don't have in the first place.

We have to understand that we can't afford what we have now- we have borrowed the money to provide this service. Soon the entire program will ne insolvent- and everyone will be without care. I just don't get why people can't understand this.

A voucher would be a way to hold benefit costs to the taxpayer- or even reduce benefits (if that is what has to happen). Many european countries are cutting benefits because they will go broke if they don't. The same thing will happen here.

20 Apr 2011 13:55 - 20 Apr 2011 14:08 #20 by archer
vouchers for seniors are useless unless there is a way to force insurance companies to cover them at a reasonable cost..before I went on medicare my insurance premiums were $900/month, and I got that insurance before I got cancer and a couple stents put in my coronary artery. What insurance company would take me now unless they had to? And......what would they charge me if their rates for seniors were not regulated? $2000/month?......$4000/month?.......how many seniors could afford that even with a voucher to cover $1000/month? I am thankful every day for medicare.

Or is this just an insidious way to make the senior population smaller?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds