Don't Let the Republicans kill Medicare!

20 Apr 2011 19:27 #81 by BearMtnHIB
You know- if you need more than $11,000 a year in health care - you just ain't living right.

How much would an insurance policy cost to cover you Archer?

Are you that much of a basket case? Hell- I don't use but maybe $1,000 or so a year myself. Maybe these policies should stop covering everything under the sun and get back to the real reason people bought insurance- to cover major events.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2011 19:29 #82 by LadyJazzer
Maybe you should actually do some reading instead of mouthing off about things you obviously know nothing about..which includes what it would actually cost to go out and insure someone over 65 with a pre-existing condition...

But thanks for your irrelevant concern...

We already have a plan....It's called Medicare.

20 Apr 2011 19:34 #83 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote: I don't wish you dead Archer- you and LJ are hysterical.

I don't know where you two get your drugs from, but your pretty disconnected from reality.

Trying to deflect attention away from what you have posted by insulting LJ and me doesn't cut it Bear....your words are out there, your feelings are very clear, and you have never retracted them or apologized.

20 Apr 2011 19:36 #84 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote: You know- if you need more than $11,000 a year in health care - you just ain't living right.

How much would an insurance policy cost to cover you Archer?

Are you that much of a basket case? Hell- I don't use but maybe $1,000 or so a year myself. Maybe these policies should stop covering everything under the sun and get back to the real reason people bought insurance- to cover major events.

I love the sound of ignorance in the evening.

20 Apr 2011 19:51 #85 by BearMtnHIB
Come on now Archer- lets kiss and make up.
:heart:

Maybe you and LJ need to shop around a bit more for insurance- just last year I saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.

20 Apr 2011 20:02 #86 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote: I love the sound of ignorance in the evening.

20 Apr 2011 20:02 #87 by kresspin

kresspin wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Kresspin:

Make up your mind!!!

Don't bother LJ, you are working in a vacuum.

Are you for or against cutting Medicare? I couldn't tell from your responses.

Sigh... Nmysys will never give a straight answer on this simple question.

20 Apr 2011 23:36 #88 by PrintSmith

kresspin wrote: You'll hear a lot about Medicare costs in the next few months, as Republicans push not just cuts, but the outright destruction of the program.

But...Medicare costs are going up because ALL health costs are rising. The solution is to focus on health care costs, and further reform -- not gut the ability of patients to pay them.

Take action, keep fighting to save Medicare!

You don't have to worry about Republicans killing Medicare - it will die all by itself without any help pretty soon. The Republicans are simply hoping it will be a longer, slower and hopefully less painful death than it would otherwise be.

We've been Madoffed kresspin. As with any other Ponzi, the money from the current investors is being used to pay off the earlier ones to create the appearance of legitimacy. The federal government is already borrowing 45% of the annual costs of the program because it can't secure enough money from the current investors to pay off the earlier ones unless it does so. And, just like Madoff, the federal government is going to keep running the scam for as long as they can before being forced to come clean and admit that they've been lying about what they've been doing. It simply isn't possible to provide medical care to retired workers for 20 years or more on 3% of the earned income of the current workers - especially when the number of people retiring outpaces the number of people entering the workforce each year, which is where we find ourselves now that the Boomers are starting to retire.

The time to face the truth is now. We've been Madoffed by the federal government, seduced by the sweet siren song of collective salvation. The sooner we stop lying to ourselves about what has been done, the sooner we can get down to the business of figuring out what to do now that all the money we thought was going to provide for us in our golden years is gone like flatulence in the wind.

21 Apr 2011 08:50 #89 by HEARTLESS
Right on the mark PrintSmith, we're heading for the abyss, the only question is how fast we'll get there.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

21 Apr 2011 09:06 #90 by BearMtnHIB
See- I been sayin the same thing as PrintSmith.

If we don't address this mess now- We are in for a collapse of medicare and social security.

A voucher for 11 grand is way better than the zero they are gonna get soon.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds