And so it begins

04 Apr 2013 12:00 #111 by gmule

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2013 22:00 #112 by MountainRoadCrew
Replied by MountainRoadCrew on topic And so it begins
Some posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26903 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26903<!-- l -->

04 Apr 2013 22:34 #113 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic And so it begins

285 Road Crew wrote: Some posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26903 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26903<!-- l -->

That is a link to LJ having some kind of contorted conversation with herself. Kind of a weird read.

I am curious besides someone saying it is now illegal to do it....what is Conn going to do to stop guns from going over it's hundreds of miles of borders or it's 618 miles of coast (yes you read that right).

I drove over the CT boarder today and I could have had quite a bit in my car if I wanted. There were no checkpoints or metal scanners or anything. Seems to me that one could just bring a gun from elsewhere. Additionally, most of the CT boarder is forest and highly unmonitored. I boated over the CT boarder the other day too - did not see a single person in the process, could have had a machine gun on my boat. I just do not see how differences in state regs do anything but increase smuggling.

Doesn't Nebraska have laws against pot, I wonder if any CO weed ever makes it there? Of course not, there is a law for that.

I know LJ is being pretty cocky about the effects of these laws, but there is no need to pretend, just look back in a year or two and the statistics should be amazing. In fact, anyone who cares should be willing to allow such a law to expire if some predetermined level of effect was observed by a predetermined time. Just like the 5-50 million dollar investment Park County makes as a result of the building department every year...most citizens are clear that the building department is saving people at least that much by existing, so they let them keep saving the county money by charging those fees and forcing the purchases - it is simply in the people's best interest to give up decision control to the dept. If Park County was not getting far ahead because of this and making everyone's lives measurably better, would the people keep allowing the local govt to force their way into your home...no they do it for the immense savings and increase in health they county gets from the inspections. People can question this, but the Building Department can show the data of how much they save you by charging you. Many states justify the building code because it makes homes less expensive.

In the end, gun laws mean nothing without reduced deaths, so in a couple years, LJ will be quoting the dramatic decrease in the deaths statically caused by these laws and all of you will just have to eat your bullets or give them to the sheriff. The data will vindicate her, Conn will have few gun deaths because of the complete control they now will have of the guns. What don't people get about how great it is going to be to walk down the street in conn. worry free. They are introducing a bill to rename the state Conntopia the effect is going to be so dramatic.

04 Apr 2013 23:13 #114 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic And so it begins

on that note wrote:

285 Road Crew wrote: Some posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26903 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26903<!-- l -->

That is a link to LJ having some kind of contorted conversation with herself. Kind of a weird read.

I am curious besides someone saying it is now illegal to do it....what is Conn going to do to stop guns from going over it's hundreds of miles of borders or it's 618 miles of coast (yes you read that right).

I drove over the CT boarder today and I could have had quite a bit in my car if I wanted. There were no checkpoints or metal scanners or anything. Seems to me that one could just bring a gun from elsewhere. Additionally, most of the CT boarder is forest and highly unmonitored. I boated over the CT boarder the other day too - did not see a single person in the process, could have had a machine gun on my boat. I just do not see how differences in state regs do anything but increase smuggling.

Doesn't Nebraska have laws against pot, I wonder if any CO weed ever makes it there? Of course not, there is a law for that.

I know LJ is being pretty cocky about the effects of these laws, but there is no need to pretend, just look back in a year or two and the statistics should be amazing. In fact, anyone who cares should be willing to allow such a law to expire if some predetermined level of effect was observed by a predetermined time. Just like the 5-50 million dollar investment Park County makes as a result of the building department every year...most citizens are clear that the building department is saving people at least that much by existing, so they let them keep saving the county money by charging those fees and forcing the purchases - it is simply in the people's best interest to give up decision control to the dept. If Park County was not getting far ahead because of this and making everyone's lives measurably better, would the people keep allowing the local govt to force their way into your home...no they do it for the immense savings and increase in health they county gets from the inspections. People can question this, but the Building Department can show the data of how much they save you by charging you. Many states justify the building code because it makes homes less expensive.

In the end, gun laws mean nothing without reduced deaths, so in a couple years, LJ will be quoting the dramatic decrease in the deaths statically caused by these laws and all of you will just have to eat your bullets or give them to the sheriff. The data will vindicate her, Conn will have few gun deaths because of the complete control they now will have of the guns. What don't people get about how great it is going to be to walk down the street in conn. worry free. They are introducing a bill to rename the state Conntopia the effect is going to be so dramatic.

:like: :pop

05 Apr 2013 16:15 #115 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic And so it begins

LadyJazzer wrote: And how about those Broncos?

And every time the background check turns up someone who SHOULDN'T be allowed to purchase a weapon, that's one less wacko out there running around with one. And we obviously aren't "enforcing" laws every minute against murder (because people still get murdered); and against armed robbery (because armed robberies are still happening); and bad-check passing (because people still pass bad checks)...And NONE of that means that we shouldn't enforce background checks... Conservative Pretzel Logic....Imagine my surprise....

And in the face of those "smaller budgets" caused by the TeaBagger's sequestration, isn't it nice to know that Colorado will be charging prospective applicants for gun-purchases $10 to pay for the background checks... That will help out with the TeaPublican sequester a lot...

You'd like to think that in your fantasy land wouldn't you. Reality is something quite different. Take the killer at Sandy Hook for instance. When the background check wasn't going to allow him to purchase his own gun, he killed his mother to get his hands on hers instead. Yeppers, that law really stopped that whacko from running around with a gun, didn't it.

05 Apr 2013 16:19 #116 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic And so it begins

on that note wrote: In the end, gun laws mean nothing without reduced deaths, so in a couple years, LJ will be quoting the dramatic decrease in the deaths statically caused by these laws and all of you will just have to eat your bullets or give them to the sheriff. The data will vindicate her, Conn will have few gun deaths because of the complete control they now will have of the guns. What don't people get about how great it is going to be to walk down the street in conn. worry free..

God, I hope so.... If we have to sacrifice some people's obsession with assault rifles and large magazines on the altar of a "dramatic decrease in the deaths", you can't possibly imagine how much I am FOR it. And all the whining about "da gub'mnt is comin' fer yer guns" doesn't bother me a bit.

And I expect Maryland will see a drop in deaths as well... And all of the whining won't affect the majority there either.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds