And so it begins

02 Apr 2013 17:15 - 02 Apr 2013 17:32 #31 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic And so it begins

RenegadeCJ wrote: I hope you are right, and the right to vote will always work. I fear it will not. I see more and more attempts at control each and every year.

Yes, it's called "Voter Registration fraud", and "Voter-ID" suppression; electoral-college manipulation... The GOTP has figured out that since it can't win on ideas, it just tries to manipulate the vote...

On the other hand you've used the phrase "law-abiding citizens being arrested"--twice... That's an oxymoron.. If you are arrested, then you are not "abiding the law"; and if you are "abiding the law" you won't be arrested. You may not like the law, but last I heard you don't get to pick and choose which ones to obey. None of the laws keep you from owning a gun and being able to defend yourself. This constant childish caterwauling that "they're coming for your guns", and "taking your rights away" is tiresome...

RenegadeCJ wrote: Already legislators are proposing bills that would remove Sheriffs from their job if they don't enforce this law http://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB2167 Are they unenforcable? Maybe...but should a law abiding citizen even have to take the chance of being arrested

Good... If the sheriffs won't do their jobs, then they shouldn't be sheriffs... I'll say it again...If someone is arrested, then they weren't "law-abiding", were they?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Apr 2013 17:27 #32 by plaidvillain
Replied by plaidvillain on topic And so it begins

archer wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: If you had asked me 20 yrs ago if we would pass laws which only affected law abiding citizens ability to adequately defend themselves, I would have said you were crazy, but here we are.

How, exactly, do the laws in Colorado effect law abiding citizens ability to adequately defend themselves?

They don't. The most powerful and effective self defense weapon ever is already provided to every person. It is located between their ears. Unfortunately, too many don't put in the effort to 'arm' themselves with an education, choosing the lazy solution of depending upon the coward's tool to make them feel secure.

How can one claim 'self defense' if they choose a tool of aggression? That's not self defense - that's preparing for an opportunity to exert 'justified' aggression. If one is honestly frightened to a point that they cannot go out in public without a firearm - afraid of a statistical improbability - then it is likely best for everyone for that individual to stay within the secure confines of their homes. They actually should pursue psychiatric help to defeat their irrational paranoia. My opinion is anyone so fearful of the world likely has mental issues making it impossible to function normally due to their irrational fears. Folks so unstable, so frightened, should not have easy access to firearms.

Essentially, if you're so scared of the world that you require a gun to feel secure, then I think you're far too crazy to be trusted with it.

02 Apr 2013 17:40 #33 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic And so it begins

plaidvillain wrote:

archer wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: If you had asked me 20 yrs ago if we would pass laws which only affected law abiding citizens ability to adequately defend themselves, I would have said you were crazy, but here we are.

How, exactly, do the laws in Colorado effect law abiding citizens ability to adequately defend themselves?

They don't. The most powerful and effective self defense weapon ever is already provided to every person. It is located between their ears. Unfortunately, too many don't put in the effort to 'arm' themselves with an education, choosing the lazy solution of depending upon the coward's tool to make them feel secure.

How can one claim 'self defense' if they choose a tool of aggression? That's not self defense - that's preparing for an opportunity to exert 'justified' aggression. If one is honestly frightened to a point that they cannot go out in public without a firearm - afraid of a statistical improbability - then it is likely best for everyone for that individual to stay within the secure confines of their homes. They actually should pursue psychiatric help to defeat their irrational paranoia. My opinion is anyone so fearful of the world likely has mental issues making it impossible to function normally due to their irrational fears. Folks so unstable, so frightened, should not have easy access to firearms.

Essentially, if you're so scared of the world that you require a gun to feel secure, then I think you're far too crazy to be trusted with it.

02 Apr 2013 18:00 #34 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic And so it begins
PV those with concealed carry permits commit fewer crimes than the general population despite having access to guns most of the time. I have carried legally for nine years and never been convicted of anything besides traffic offenses

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Apr 2013 18:02 #35 by LadyJazzer
Gee, in nine years, I haven't even been convicted of traffic offenses...And I haven't carried (maybe)... I guess that makes me better than you... huh....

02 Apr 2013 18:48 #36 by gmule
Replied by gmule on topic And so it begins

LadyJazzer wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: I hope you are right, and the right to vote will always work. I fear it will not. I see more and more attempts at control each and every year.

Yes, it's called "Voter Registration fraud", and "Voter-ID" suppression; electoral-college manipulation... The GOTP has figured out that since it can't win on ideas, it just tries to manipulate the vote...

On the other hand you've used the phrase "law-abiding citizens being arrested"--twice... That's an oxymoron.. If you are arrested, then you are not "abiding the law"; and if you are "abiding the law" you won't be arrested. You may not like the law, but last I heard you don't get to pick and choose which ones to obey. None of the laws keep you from owning a gun and being able to defend yourself. This constant childish caterwauling that "they're coming for your guns", and "taking your rights away" is tiresome...

RenegadeCJ wrote: Already legislators are proposing bills that would remove Sheriffs from their job if they don't enforce this law http://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB2167 Are they unenforcable? Maybe...but should a law abiding citizen even have to take the chance of being arrested

Good... If the sheriffs won't do their jobs, then they shouldn't be sheriffs... I'll say it again...If someone is arrested, then they weren't "law-abiding", were they?

Actually there are a lot of people that get arrested and have done nothing wrong. They are later released but they are still detained photographed and fingerprinted until the investigation is at a point that they are no longer a suspect.

02 Apr 2013 18:51 #37 by gmule
Oh and your required source

727 cases of false arrest

02 Apr 2013 18:57 #38 by LadyJazzer
So, I guess the "moral" :lol: of the story is: "Don't do anything wrong...It can be so inconveeeeenient."

02 Apr 2013 19:27 #39 by gmule

LadyJazzer wrote: So, I guess the "moral" :lol: of the story is: "Don't do anything wrong...It can be so inconveeeeenient."

It can be something as simple as looking like someone, driving the same kind of car, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not doing anything wrong helps but not always.

02 Apr 2013 20:07 #40 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic And so it begins
It is of course impossible to "force" a cop to enforce laws......the silliness is obvious......so we create a police force to police the police ???........craziness. Laws that are essentially not enforcable are nothing new.....and eventually they lie on the books and are forgotten.....CO just repealed a century old law against adultry that was not enforced for decades....and phohibition was a massive mess that made millions for bootleggers (uhhhhh....Joe Kennedy no less) and was repealed after massive crime and massive non compliance......these silly gun laws will pass after a bit of publicity. The Senate just in essence BTW killed background
checks and magazine limits.....few states will now go there. These silly laws will also be attacked in SCOTUS and tossed there because they are obvious second amendment infringments....

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds