State Senator Evie Hudak faces recall petition

14 Apr 2013 19:12 #31 by LadyJazzer

deltamrey wrote: <yada, yada, yada, >....I find the move to infringe on my Second Amendment rights abhorrent.

Since none of the bills that were passed infringe on your Second Amendment Rights, it's a moot point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2013 21:56 #32 by archer

LadyJazzer wrote:

frogger wrote: Why do you have to be so patronizing and hateful LJ.
Can't you carry on a conversation without calling names or abusing people?
It is just so sad to read.

You're not reading my posts any more...Remember?... You're "outta here"...

frogger will never be" outa here", she craves an audience.

14 Apr 2013 21:57 #33 by FOS

14 Apr 2013 22:05 #34 by archer
And your post was full of sweetness and light.

15 Apr 2013 05:19 #35 by FredHayek
Recalls? They are just the direct democracy that Americans claim to want. If thier representatives don't represent cast them out. Imagine how different America would be if you could do that with presidents? Dubya? Out in 2006.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2013 12:03 #36 by Jekyll
OFF TOPIC:

LadyJazzer wrote: ...Until then, I have numbers and FACTS, and as usual, all you have is insults, talking points and b.s.

A biased two face. A lot of people around here present you with numbers and FACTS all the time, but all YOU have is insults, talking points and b.s. Surprised your ridiculous threads don't all get transferred to THE RING, including the threads you pollute on a regular basis.

EDIT: And I mean the WHOLE thread, not just "certain posts."

15 Apr 2013 12:06 #37 by Jekyll

FredHayek wrote: Recalls? They are just the direct democracy that Americans claim to want.

No sh** right? And when there's not a certain "number" of people wanting it, they're nothing more than malcontents. :faint:

15 Apr 2013 13:36 #38 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

archer wrote: With the fire district recall they had just over 400 signatures, yeah that's small. 25000....how does that compare to the entire voter base? Of course they are malcontents...... Unwilling to wait until the next election cycle to voice their disagreement..... Its the new way of politics now..... Wah, wah, wah..... We didn't get our way so we are going to spend a lot of money to punish the duly elected official and the community. It's your right, so have at it.

Your tune has changed since Wisconsin I see.

Of course it has....having seen how difficult it was to get someone out of office when that person had such a vast number of voters angry over multiple issues..... A recall over a single issue, gun laws, which polls show most voters approve of the limited restrictions imposed should be even more difficult.

The Evergreen recall bunch represent an even smaller portion of the electorate..... Those who live within a stones throw off the burn building.

Respect for your honesty :thumbsup:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Apr 2013 21:12 #39 by gmule

Jekyll wrote: OFF TOPIC:

LadyJazzer wrote: ...Until then, I have numbers and FACTS, and as usual, all you have is insults, talking points and b.s.

A biased two face. A lot of people around here present you with numbers and FACTS all the time, but all YOU have is insults, talking points and b.s. Surprised your ridiculous threads don't all get transferred to THE RING, including the threads you pollute on a regular basis.

EDIT: And I mean the WHOLE thread, not just "certain posts."

You're wasting your time if you think she will ever answer a question. She is the Queen troll and deflector

16 Apr 2013 21:15 #40 by LadyJazzer
Oh, I don't mind... I've already posted them once... But for those that have problems keeping up, I'll be glad to post the numbers and FACTS again:

Gov. Hickenlooper cites stats showing 'stupid' criminals are caught by gun background checks
Gov: Convicted killers, rapists try beating checks

DENVER - Gov. John Hickenlooper unleashed a barrage of jaw-dropping numbers for critics who often tell him, “Criminals aren’t stupid, they’re not going to sign up for (gun) background checks.”

“Well, no one told the criminals that, and it turns out that many criminals are stupid," Hickenlooper said Wednesday after signing legislation requiring universal background checks for gun purchases.

In 2012, he said, background checks prevented 5,000 gun purchases out of more than 320,000 applications.

Of those blocked gun sales, Hickenlooper said:

- 38 were individuals either accused or convicted of homicide.

- 133 were people accused or convicted of sexual assault.

- 600 were people accused or convicted of burglary.

- Over 1,000 were people accused or convicted of felony assault.

- “400 individuals had restraining orders against them from a court and were trying to buy a gun.”

"Indeed, if you want any proof positive that criminals are not as smart as some people give them credit for, 236 individuals when they showed up to pick up their newly purchased gun, we arrested them because there were outstanding arrest warrants for them,” the governor said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... und-checks

And you still have nothing but insults, talking points and b.s.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds