The SS (Schutzstaffel - Protection Squad) or the IRS ?

16 May 2013 14:13 #91 by Rick
Poor LJ, forced to keep bringing up Paul Ryan (irrelevant to this thread) while the WH is in disaster mode :rofllol I could watch this all day. lol

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 May 2013 15:36 #92 by pineinthegrass
Gee, if you listen to LJ it's almost as if there is nothing to see here.

How dare Obama fire the poor little ole acting IRS chief. They were just doing their job! :faint:

16 May 2013 15:56 #93 by Rick

pineinthegrass wrote: Gee, if you listen to LJ it's almost as if there is nothing to see here.

How dare Obama fire the poor little ole acting IRS chief. They were just doing their job! :faint:

Although it doesn't look like this guy was even culpable AND he was already scheduled to leave in a month. Why is is so damn hard to round up all the people responsible for all these scandals and just show their asses the door? Unless these expendable pawns decided to blow the whistle on the higher ups.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 May 2013 17:14 #94 by FredHayek
Make it look like Obama is fixing things. For example the fake firings of the ATF Fast & Furious agents.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 May 2013 17:30 #95 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: He has a point....

What is scary is that millions of people agree with you and think it is that simple.

Tyranny, brought to you by liberals with good intentions.

16 May 2013 20:32 #96 by PrintSmith
Now, this might be just a bit "out there", but I offer it for consideration anyway.

The IRS incident and the one involving the AP phone records, we essentially have the government tattling on itself. The Justice Deptartment sent a letter to AP telling them that they had seized the phone records and the Inspector General of the IRS is the one who published a report saying that conservative groups had been unfairly targeted by the agency when applying for 501(c) status.

Is it possible, just possible mind you, that the Obama administration has decided to make its own life miserable in the short term to pull attention from what was actually going on in that consulate in Benghazi? Might it be an attempt to implement Cloward - Plivens and "overload" the system with too many things to keep track of while providing cover to keep what they wish hidden hidden? Because, after all, what is more likely to generate a higher degree of outrage and attention, what happened at the consulate or the government actually infringing on the rights of people right here at home?

As I said, it's just a thought experiment. One can't help but wonder if there isn't an intentional misdirection effort underway at the moment considering what has transpired recently.

16 May 2013 21:24 #97 by pineinthegrass

Rick wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: Gee, if you listen to LJ it's almost as if there is nothing to see here.

Although it doesn't look like this guy was even culpable AND he was already scheduled to leave in a month. Why is is so damn hard to round up all the people responsible for all these scandals and just show their asses the door? Unless these expendable pawns decided to blow the whistle on the higher ups.

As I mentioned before, I do think he should of been fired just for the reason that he knew about the abuses a year ago (by his own admission) and didn't tell Congress when they inquired about it.

He was also there when the abuses happened, but at the time was under the previous guy.

I still need more details, but it seems the IRS didn't do much to punish the people who did this back when the problems were discovered. They should of been fired on the spot, IMO. I don't think lower level employees can be prosecuted, though, but not sure. Now that it's known by the public, things are finally happening. But that's too late. And again, I'm just talking out loud because we don't know enough yet.

17 May 2013 07:44 #98 by Rick

PrintSmith wrote: Now, this might be just a bit "out there", but I offer it for consideration anyway.

The IRS incident and the one involving the AP phone records, we essentially have the government tattling on itself. The Justice Deptartment sent a letter to AP telling them that they had seized the phone records and the Inspector General of the IRS is the one who published a report saying that conservative groups had been unfairly targeted by the agency when applying for 501(c) status.

Is it possible, just possible mind you, that the Obama administration has decided to make its own life miserable in the short term to pull attention from what was actually going on in that consulate in Benghazi? Might it be an attempt to implement Cloward - Plivens and "overload" the system with too many things to keep track of while providing cover to keep what they wish hidden hidden? Because, after all, what is more likely to generate a higher degree of outrage and attention, what happened at the consulate or the government actually infringing on the rights of people right here at home?

As I said, it's just a thought experiment. One can't help but wonder if there isn't an intentional misdirection effort underway at the moment considering what has transpired recently.

I've been thinking along the same lines but thought it was a longshot. However, Benghazi is a fubar that can be and IS connected to the president, where as the other stories may not reach Obama with the same amount of evidence and there are plenty of pawns to toss under the bus. I hope Republicans don't lose focus on Benghazi because the president wants to change the focus to security when the main issue was his dishonesty, as well as Hillary's dishonesty... both just trying to save their own butts.

George Orwell

17 May 2013 09:13 #99 by Rick
Anyone else watching these IRS hearings? This Miller guy is a real slimeball... taking lying to a new level.

George Orwell

18 May 2013 05:13 #100 by PrintSmith
And now today we find out that the IRS actions were intentionally rolled out. It's looking more and more like the administration is attempting to divert attention by pointing to a couple other shiny objects for the population to focus on. It truly makes me wonder what they were up to in Libya that they don't want exposed that they chummed the waters as they have.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds