The SS (Schutzstaffel - Protection Squad) or the IRS ?

15 May 2013 18:22 #71 by pineinthegrass

Something the Dog Said wrote: You better your check your "facts", because as usual, you are wrong. The President did not fire acting director. He asked for his resignation.

OK, you just proved you are a political hack (kind of obvious anyway) or an idiot. It's the same thing and the news shows, including NBC tonight are calling it a firing too. When someone in authority asks for your resignation, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that if you refuse then you will get fired.

I also gave you two links supporting the fact that the President can fire the commissioner. What links do you have?

You were wrong to suggest the previous IRS abuses were all from Republicans. It happened with both parties.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... y/2155967/

And you were wrong about the 1998 IRS reform act creating greater separation between the President and the IRS as you claimed. That reform was more about reducing IRS abuses of taxpayers and making certain changes in tax law.

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part13/irm_13-001-002.html

You call people liars for much less than all the errors you've made about the IRS here alone. And nobody here calls people liars and racists on this board more than you do (my opinion, no link necessary).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2013 18:54 #72 by Something the Dog Said
You are correct in your assessment that the President may fire the Commissioner of the IRS, my information in that regard was incorrect. My apologies. I occasionally post incorrect information, but will admit it when I do become aware of the errors. Unlike certain other posters here.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 May 2013 19:18 #73 by Something the Dog Said
Of course the real scandal here is the fact that the tea party groups were claiming tax exemption as nonpolitical social welfare organizations.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 May 2013 19:30 #74 by FOS

Something the Dog Said wrote: You are correct in your assessment that the President may fire the Commissioner of the IRS, my information in that regard was incorrect. My apologies. I occasionally post incorrect information, but will admit it when I do become aware of the errors. Unlike certain other posters here.

Is that a back handed apology?

15 May 2013 19:47 #75 by Blazer Bob

Something the Dog Said wrote: Of course the real scandal here is the fact that the tea party groups were claiming tax exemption as nonpolitical social welfare organizations.

:faint: :rofllol :rofllol :smurf: :smurf: :smurf:

15 May 2013 20:02 #76 by pineinthegrass

Something the Dog Said wrote: Of course the real scandal here is the fact that the tea party groups were claiming tax exemption as nonpolitical social welfare organizations.

You are becoming a total joke in this thread alone. So it's just tea party groups?

WASHINGTON -- In February 2010, the Champaign Tea Party in Illinois received approval of its tax-exempt status from the IRS in 90 days, no questions asked.

That was the month before the Internal Revenue Service started singling out Tea Party groups for special treatment. There wouldn't be another Tea Party application approved for 27 months.

In that time, the IRS approved perhaps dozens of applications from similar liberal and progressive groups, a USA TODAY review of IRS data shows.

STORY: IRS gave liberals a pass; Tea Party groups put on hold

As applications from conservative groups sat in limbo, groups with liberal-sounding names had their applications approved in as little as nine months. With names including words like "Progress" or "Progressive," the liberal groups applied for the same tax status and were engaged in the same kinds of activities as the conservative groups.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/irs-tea-party-progressive-groups/2158831/

IMO, no political groups should get tax exempt status, but apparently that's the way the courts ruled. But your political hack bias is still showing by only mentioning tea party groups.

And you only occasionally post incorrect information?

In this thread alone I showed you were wrong about the President being able to fire the IRS commissioner.

Plus I provided links suggesting you were wrong about the former IRS commissioner being a Republican, only Republican Presidents abusing the system with the IRS, and the 1998 IRS reform act creating greater separation from the executive branch.

Again, you haven't provided any evidence other than your own BS. Maybe I missed something, but at least I posted links to read unlike you. And your new scandal about tea party groups is beyond belief when you don't include the fact that progressive groups were doing the same thing, as the law (which I disagree with) apparently allowed.

15 May 2013 23:06 #77 by FredHayek
The Chicago Way. They bring a knife. You bring a gun. They bring a gun. You bring an IRS audit. Even reporters who dared to ask Barack tough questions were put under the IRS microscope.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 May 2013 00:05 #78 by Soulshiner
"Keep your eye on the big scandal. Although the IRS was wrong to target conservative groups for review based on their names, the bigger wrong was its failure to investigate the major groups -- such as Karl Rove's Grossroads GPS and Priorities USA -- that falsely claimed to be "social welfare organizations" under 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code in order to hide the names of their donors. And the real scandal of the 2012 election (which will be even worse next year, because they got away with it) is how many corporations and wealthy individuals used this loophole to disguise their identities while pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into campaigns. The Supreme Court in "Citizens United" at least assumed full disclosure, but the "social welfare organization" loophole in the tax laws has allowed corporations to keep political spending secret even from their own shareholders.

The worst outcome of the indignation over the IRS's targeting of conservative groups would be for the under-manned IRS to pull back from investigating all putative "social welfare organizations," thereby turning the scandalous loophole into a giant river of secret money. Our democracy is already being purchased by big corporations and the rich. At the least we should know who the buyers are."

https://www.facebook.com/RBReich

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

16 May 2013 07:09 #79 by FredHayek
But it looks like Crossroads and others followed the rules of the game, not actively endorsing or attacking candidates.

Now the big question, were they rogue agents doing this? Rogue agents who management turned a blind eye to? Or were their un-ethical methods secretly encouraged by the bosses?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 May 2013 07:50 #80 by Blazer Bob
The bigger scandal is that government has become powerful enough to become tyrannical regardless of who's ox is being gored.

http://www.investors.com/image/ISStoon0516COLORFINAL_800.jpg.cms

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds