The SS (Schutzstaffel - Protection Squad) or the IRS ?

13 May 2013 10:44 #21 by Something the Dog Said
Nope, it was not under Obama's watch, the IRS is set up to be free from abuse by an administration. The only political appointee at the IRS is the commissioner, and that commissioner was a Republcian appointed by Pres. Bush. The President is not able to interfere or direct the operations of the IRS. You can spin it as hard as you can, but there simply is no link to the abuses at the IRS and the present administration. The individual in charge of the operations of the IRS was Commissioner Shulman during that time period, and Pres. Obama had no power to influence or even discharge Shulman from his office.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2013 10:50 #22 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote: Nope, it was not under Obama's watch, the IRS is set up to be free from abuse by an administration. The only political appointee at the IRS is the commissioner, and that commissioner was a Republcian appointed by Pres. Bush. The President is not able to interfere or direct the operations of the IRS. You can spin it as hard as you can, but there simply is no link to the abuses at the IRS and the present administration. The individual in charge of the operations of the IRS was Commissioner Shulman during that time period, and Pres. Obama had no power to influence or even discharge Shulman from his office.

Once again, you are both gullible and naive. :smackshead:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 May 2013 10:52 #23 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote: Nope, it was not under Obama's watch, the IRS is set up to be free from abuse by an administration. The only political appointee at the IRS is the commissioner, and that commissioner was a Republcian appointed by Pres. Bush. The President is not able to interfere or direct the operations of the IRS. You can spin it as hard as you can, but there simply is no link to the abuses at the IRS and the present administration. The individual in charge of the operations of the IRS was Commissioner Shulman during that time period, and Pres. Obama had no power to influence or even discharge Shulman from his office.

Really... the president has no way to wield power or to influence the IRS...

He said the recent reports that IRS targeted small-government groups for extra scrutiny were in a different category. Asked to discuss the reports, Capuano said that if the accounts were true, “There’s no way in the world, I’m going to defend that. Hell, I spent my youth vilifying the Nixon administration for doing the same thing.”

President Richard M. Nixon attempted to wield his control of the IRS as a way of pressuring political enemies. [/b][/i]

http://www.boston.com/politicalintellig ... story.html

You make it sound like it's not even possible. Grab your tin foil hat and hide and make believe it's not possible. Your right.. Obama doesn't have the power... legally.

You want to talk about the Roosevelt administration. Oh... that didn't happen too!!!

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 May 2013 11:16 #24 by Something the Dog Said

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

He said the recent reports that IRS targeted small-government groups for extra scrutiny were in a different category. Asked to discuss the reports, Capuano said that if the accounts were true, “There’s no way in the world, I’m going to defend that. Hell, I spent my youth vilifying the Nixon administration for doing the same thing.”

President Richard M. Nixon attempted to wield his control of the IRS as a way of pressuring political enemies. [/b][/i]

You make it sound like it's not even possible. Grab your tin foil hat and hide and make believe it's not possible. Your right.. Obama doesn't have the power... legally.

You want to talk about the Roosevelt administration. Oh... that didn't happen too!!!

That is why the structure of the IRS was changed in 1998, to prevent abuses by Republican administrations such as Nixon. The IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 eliminated the power of the president to interfere or influence the operation of the IRS.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

13 May 2013 11:46 #25 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

That is why the structure of the IRS was changed in 1998, to prevent abuses by Republican administrations such as Nixon. The IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 eliminated the power of the president to interfere or influence the operation of the IRS.

And I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Do you swallow?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 May 2013 11:56 #26 by FredHayek
To be fair to the IRS, they were going to audit OWS & PETA style groups but it was found that they don't pay their taxes. :thumbsup:

13 May 2013 12:12 #27 by Something the Dog Said
And you are grotesquely offensive, likening the Nazis to American citizens, cheapening the Holocaust and the victims who were killed and brutalized, in an attempt to score political points when you have no factual evidence to back it up.

13 May 2013 12:15 #28 by FredHayek
Oh please. I am just comparing the NAZI's for how they used political tricks to go after opponents, like Saul Alinsky recommends. I am not saying that Obama is creating death camps for political opponents, but you knew that, didn't you?

Where did I say Obama was building concentration camps?

13 May 2013 12:33 #29 by Blazer Bob

13 May 2013 12:39 #30 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Rick wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: So the Democrats are to blame because the Republican appointed head of the IRS failed to adequately supervise the IRS? You are right, the Dems should have known that a Republican would run a politically corrupt agency.

Ah, Bush's fault :faint:

So far, I haven't seen anyone blaming Democrats, but go ahead and read our minds with those mad skills of yours. For me, this is about Obama's selective outrage (or lack of).

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: The lines are blurring...

The Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups is outrageous. Those who did this should be fired immediately. That’s obvious.

And now they have violated one of the more sacred rules of our democracy: you do not use the tax code to punish your opponents.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the ‘absolutely inappropriate’ actions by ‘frontline people’ were not driven by partisan motives.

Does anyone actually believe this?

Yet again, we have an example of Democrats simply not managing the government properly and with discipline.

Previous Presidents, including great ones like Roosevelt, have used the IRS against their enemies. But I don’t think Obama ever wanted to be on the same page as Richard Nixon. In this specific case, he now is. [/b][/i]

http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/11/irs-mess/

This is YOUR Democrat Party at it's finest. And this is the agency (IRS) that is going to enforce ObamaCare?

[/u][/b]
Perhaps you should work on your "mad" reading comprehension skills?

My apologies, I missed that. However, that is not the point I was trying to make. My point is the lack of leadership by the president who should have weighed in on this as soon as it happened. And even today when he was questioned about it, he said "if the allegations are true" ... really? IF? Why is an IRS apology not an admition of guilt?

And you know for a fact, that if this had happened under Bush, and progressive groups were targetted, all hell would have broken loose by the liberals here and in the media. I just think this is very ironic that Obama just made a speech to college students saying in so many words that we should trust the government and don't listen to the radicals on the right who say other wise. But he has to wait for a question on this matter before he gives his condemnation. He proves every day he is only willing to fight for the people who think like he does... that's far from presidential (but since we are "the enemy", it's understandable).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds