The SS (Schutzstaffel - Protection Squad) or the IRS ?

13 May 2013 05:52 #1 by Reverend Revelant
The lines are blurring...

The Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups is outrageous. Those who did this should be fired immediately. That’s obvious.

And now they have violated one of the more sacred rules of our democracy: you do not use the tax code to punish your opponents.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the ‘absolutely inappropriate’ actions by ‘frontline people’ were not driven by partisan motives.

Does anyone actually believe this?

Yet again, we have an example of Democrats simply not managing the government properly and with discipline.

Previous Presidents, including great ones like Roosevelt, have used the IRS against their enemies. But I don’t think Obama ever wanted to be on the same page as Richard Nixon. In this specific case, he now is. [/b][/i]

http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/11/irs-mess/

This is YOUR Democrat Party at it's finest. And this is the agency (IRS) that is going to enforce ObamaCare?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2013 06:05 #2 by FredHayek
And now including Jewish groups. Both Nixon and Hitler would approve. Where is Obama's enemy list?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 May 2013 06:35 #3 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote: And now including Jewish groups. Both Nixon and Hitler would approve. Where is Obama's enemy list?

Yes they did...

The Jewish Press is reporting that a strongly pro-Israel group was singled out by the IRS for intrusive and inappropriate questions when it applied for tax exempt status.

The organization known as "Z Street" was told that there was a "a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization's activities contradict the Administration's public policies." . .

While they are at it, the committee might want to ask the IRS whether their list of targets extended beyond political party discrimination. There is evidence the IRS also targeted pro-Israel groups whose positions were potentially inconsistent with the administration's.

For example, in 2010, the passionately pro-Israel organization Z STREET filed a lawsuit against the IRS, claiming it had been told by an IRS agent that because the organization was "connected to Israel," its application for tax-exempt status would receive additional scrutiny. This admission was made in response to a query about the lengthy reveiw of Z STREET's tax exempt status application.

In addition, the IRS agent told a Z STREET representative that the applications of some of those Israel-related organizations have been assigned to "a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization's activities contradict the Administration's public policies."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... roups.html

To quote the article... "More bizarre behavior that might be expected in a banana republic or Putin's Russia, but the United States of America?" This is Obama's Amerika.

13 May 2013 08:02 #4 by Rick
Anyone else find it sad that Obama will immediately chime in on incidents like the Trayvon Martin shooting or the famous beer summit (without knowing al the faacts btw), but when the IRS targets "the enemy" (Obama's words) or "the terrorists" (Biden's words) they are both silent?

Everything this guy does or says points to a man who is hell bent on dividing us instead of uniting us. I'm sure the pressure is building to make a statement, but in my eyes, it's already too late. As soon as the IRS apoligized, he should have been on a mic critisizing these actions and making it clear that this bullshit will NEVER happen again under his "leadership".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 May 2013 08:47 #5 by Reverend Revelant

Rick wrote: Anyone else find it sad that Obama will immediately chime in on incidents like the Trayvon Martin shooting or the famous beer summit (without knowing al the faacts btw), but when the IRS targets "the enemy" (Obama's words) or "the terrorists" (Biden's words) they are both silent?

Everything this guy does or says points to a man who is hell bent on dividing us instead of uniting us. I'm sure the pressure is building to make a statement, but in my eyes, it's already too late. As soon as the IRS apoligized, he should have been on a mic critisizing these actions and making it clear that this bullsh** will NEVER happen again under his "leadership".

First you have to have a president who has leadership ability. This is another example of Obama's Chicago thuggery politics... he was famous for it in Chicago, and he's simply replanted it in the White House. If this kind of crap is acceptable by the left... then let them have it.

13 May 2013 09:06 #6 by Something the Dog Said
So the Democrats are to blame because the Republican appointed head of the IRS failed to adequately supervise the IRS? You are right, the Dems should have known that a Republican would run a politically corrupt agency.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

13 May 2013 09:14 #7 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: So the Democrats are to blame because the Republican appointed head of the IRS failed to adequately supervise the IRS? You are right, the Dems should have known that a Republican would run a politically corrupt agency.

Ah, Bush's fault :faint:

So far, I haven't seen anyone blaming Democrats, but go ahead and read our minds with those mad skills of yours. For me, this is about Obama's selective outrage (or lack of).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 May 2013 09:32 #8 by hillfarmer
The far right complaining about Nazis. I cannot imagine ever having a better definition of irony. Life is sweet.

13 May 2013 09:41 #9 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote: So the Democrats are to blame because the Republican appointed head of the IRS failed to adequately supervise the IRS? You are right, the Dems should have known that a Republican would run a politically corrupt agency.

It doesn't matter when he was appointed... he works for the Obama administration now... and these invasive inquires to only conservative non-profits started in 2010... why after the Bush administration had anything to do with it. If they are politically corrupt, then that happened on Obama's watch... or haven't you noticed that Obama has been president since 2008?

Weak sauce.

13 May 2013 09:51 #10 by Something the Dog Said

Rick wrote:

Ah, Bush's fault :faint:

So far, I haven't seen anyone blaming Democrats, but go ahead and read our minds with those mad skills of yours. For me, this is about Obama's selective outrage (or lack of).

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: The lines are blurring...

The Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups is outrageous. Those who did this should be fired immediately. That’s obvious.

And now they have violated one of the more sacred rules of our democracy: you do not use the tax code to punish your opponents.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the ‘absolutely inappropriate’ actions by ‘frontline people’ were not driven by partisan motives.

Does anyone actually believe this?

Yet again, we have an example of Democrats simply not managing the government properly and with discipline.

Previous Presidents, including great ones like Roosevelt, have used the IRS against their enemies. But I don’t think Obama ever wanted to be on the same page as Richard Nixon. In this specific case, he now is. [/b][/i]

http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/11/irs-mess/

This is YOUR Democrat Party at it's finest. And this is the agency (IRS) that is going to enforce ObamaCare?

[/u][/b]
Perhaps you should work on your "mad" reading comprehension skills?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds