Park County Election Discussions-

10 Aug 2010 22:30 #1 by MyMountainTown

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 22:32 #2 by chocolove
lol such a pragmatist...why can't I talk in a couple of places? LOL j/k Thank you for making one spot for this!

10 Aug 2010 22:47 #3 by Local_Historian
So- feelings on the unofficial count?

10 Aug 2010 22:48 #4 by AV8OR
As "Chocolove" put it in another post, the final tally is not in. Provisional ballots remain to be counted. I posted what was reported to me by the clerk's office as to the number of absentee ballots.

As of Monday, approximately 4,000 ballots were mailed out and 1,775 of same were reported as received. This potentially leaves some margin as some folks may have elected to hand tender their ballot, in person, and vote "provisional ballot." If that is the case, then there exists a probabilty that the "provisionals" could alter the results, one way or another.

Regardless of the outcome, Park County still wins as certain issues gave rise to citizen's concerns. Obviously, we would hope for a defeat of the incumbent sheriff, however, let's allow time to take its appropriate course.

10 Aug 2010 22:49 #5 by dwj
I'm glad this is all over finally. A lot of lies and hateful things have been said. Now the healing can begin. The voters of Park County have spoken overwhelmingly. I wish the best of luck to Mr. Graves as he seems to be a decent man. Unfortunately some of his supporters got out of hand and I think that hurt Mr. Graves more then it helped him.

:Koolaid:

10 Aug 2010 22:50 #6 by Local_Historian
Quick question for you, Abvor - how long does it take get the provisional ballots in?

10 Aug 2010 22:55 #7 by AV8OR

dwj wrote: I'm glad this is all over finally. A lot of lies and hateful things have been said. Now the healing can begin. The voters of Park County have spoken overwhelmingly. I wish the best of luck to Mr. Graves as he seems to be a decent man. Unfortunately some of his supporters got out of hand and I think that hurt Mr. Graves more then it helped him.

:Koolaid:

DWJ,

I think that you will be surprised that your baiting of his supporters will not yield the results that you wish to derive. Mr. Graves has strived to intall sportsmanship and professionalism within his cadre of supporters.

We are nothing less than that. I regret that you had to take the course of blaming his supporters. Whether or not the race is over, one thing is for certain - Graves and his supporters stand with 100% conviction and character, regardless of the outcome.

10 Aug 2010 23:01 #8 by dwj
AV8OR,

I was not baiting anyone. I sincerely think the healing process needs to begin. And as for character if your are the litmus test for character then I am doing really well. I have observed some of your comments along the way and they show you have no character. I don't know you personally so I will not cast lies or dispersions like you have. I honestly feel that Mr. Graves is a decent man. I have spoken with him several times and he always came off as intelligent and decent. You however do not. Good luck!!!

10 Aug 2010 23:01 #9 by AV8OR

Local_Historian wrote: Quick question for you, Abvor - how long does it take get the provisional ballots in?

Unfortunately, I can not answer that. That varies on the amount of provisional ballots and the staff to count. My mere speculation would be that the Election Chief, Susan Balicki, will want results posted as soon as practical.

With Park County being a small populas, "provisionals" can play an important role as to the outcome.

I will defer that question to her. The clerk's office number, as posted on their website, is 719-836-4333, option 6 for Debra Green's office.

10 Aug 2010 23:05 - 10 Aug 2010 23:31 #10 by AV8OR

dwj wrote: AV8OR,

I was not baiting anyone. I sincerely think the healing process needs to begin. And as for character if your are the litmus test for character then I am doing really well. I have observed some of your comments along the way and they show you have no character. I don't know you personally so I will not cast lies or dispersions like you have. I honestly feel that Mr. Graves is a decent man. I have spoken with him several times and he always came off as intelligent and decent. You however do not. Good luck!!!

DWJ,

A wise mentor once told me when I was young, "if you find you have to defend yourself in the court of 'public opinion', then something must be wrong."

I do not need to sell myself to you. I leave that up to the many readers, of this forum, that I enjoy posting with.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds