Park County Election Discussions-

11 Aug 2010 12:08 #21 by keepumhonest
When he tells me to "heres a idea, get a attorney and sue me because i don't care" does he mean sue him personally, the county, his deputies??? OR ALL OF THE ABOVE? to me the people of Park County should not have to cash checks the sheriff writes, but yet he is re-elected? What is it going to take? The man is obiviously crazy if he thinks the county can afford it. One person commented on the video on youtube and these words really made me think about whats REALLY going on up there.
"Park county ah that’s the same county where my friends body was found. They did not have a lot of resources to do much of an investigation though. About 6 months later a school teacher was brutally rapped, tortured and murdered by the same man. It makes me sick to see this man offer those same limited resources to fight some petty little medical marijuana issue. People your government is broke! Sense when does the constitution have to list operational hours before it applies?" ronvongrooveman

I guess in the end its the voters that pay anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2010 12:14 #22 by AV8OR
Here is what I heard from the Elections Office.

Number of PROVISIONAL ballots - 63

Number of questionable signature ballots - 2

Overseas ballots have until the 18th to be counted - 30

I will let you make an inference as to the potential outcome.

Keep your heads held high folks!

11 Aug 2010 13:23 #23 by The Dude
I cant believe NO park Dems were able to vote for Sheriff. Now we are forced to vote for him in November?!?!?!??! I think if it is 2 candidated from the same party the county should vote on it in the general election. Graves should run as a Dem.. I bet he would win.

11 Aug 2010 13:29 #24 by Nic at Night

The Dude wrote: I cant believe NO park Dems were able to vote for Sheriff. Now we are forced to vote for him in November?!?!?!??! I think if it is 2 candidated from the same party the county should vote on it in the general election. Graves should run as a Dem.. I bet he would win.

I thought he should have run as an independent. Then he would of had until November to campaign and see what developed.

11 Aug 2010 16:07 #25 by shilohloki
And we are no longer given the right to "write-in" a sheriff's candidate on our ballots. Fred only likes to see his name on there.

11 Aug 2010 16:31 #26 by Nmysys
I personally still don't believe a lot of the outcome of the Primary. I thought for sure the county had awakened to what has been going on here for all these years. At least this election has opened the eyes of many in the county.

11 Aug 2010 18:06 #27 by jf1acai
To me, an outsider from Jefferson County, this election revealed the real problem in Park County - apathy!

In an election where real choices were available, only a pathetic 18% (from another post) of the voters actually had enough interest to either mail in the ballot or go to vote.

No wonder the Commissioners and other elected officials believe that they can get by with anything they want to do! They can, as long as so few care.

The bright spot, if there is one, is that a few (other than friends and relatives of the incumbents) actually did show that they care.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Aug 2010 18:24 #28 by Tammy Davis

Photo-fish wrote: Of about 15,000 people, approx 3000 voted?? :bash

Shame on Park County. Maybe we deserve this?

For the record: about 18,000 residents

3995 Registered Active Republicans
175 Inactive Republicans (means did not vote in Presidential Election)

3369 Active Independents

I'm not sure of the inactive Independents or the total of the Democrats

As these were the names and numbers I purchased from the clerk and recorders office

I'm disappointed in the results as well however I have to think God does have a plan! :)

11 Aug 2010 19:19 #29 by major bean
This primary reminds me of the "passage" of the previous school tax.

Regards,
Major Bean

11 Aug 2010 22:44 #30 by AV8OR
Folks, I just had a good conversation with someone we all very much respect. Dr. Walpole is the catalyst in starting the domino effect. If you would SINCERELY like to know more, I will initiate a meeting discussion on the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3006

Come over to that thread and chime in on a meeting location and time.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds