Park County Election Discussions-

12 Aug 2010 16:32 #31 by Valle Girl

The Dude wrote: I cant believe NO park Dems were able to vote for Sheriff. Now we are forced to vote for him in November?!?!?!??! I think if it is 2 candidated from the same party the county should vote on it in the general election. Graves should run as a Dem.. I bet he would win.

NOooooooo please don't vote for him...leave the box blank. This will help in a recall situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2010 16:35 #32 by Valle Girl

shilohloki wrote: And we are no longer given the right to "write-in" a sheriff's candidate on our ballots. Fred only likes to see his name on there.

If someone who wants to be a write-in files their paperwork with SOS you can vote for the write-in candidate...it just can't be Michael Graves since he was a candidate in the primary

12 Aug 2010 16:36 #33 by Valle Girl

jf1acai wrote: To me, an outsider from Jefferson County, this election revealed the real problem in Park County - apathy!

In an election where real choices were available, only a pathetic 18% (from another post) of the voters actually had enough interest to either mail in the ballot or go to vote.

No wonder the Commissioners and other elected officials believe that they can get by with anything they want to do! They can, as long as so few care.

The bright spot, if there is one, is that a few (other than friends and relatives of the incumbents) actually did show that they care.

AMEN

12 Aug 2010 16:37 #34 by Valle Girl

Tammy Davis wrote:

Photo-fish wrote: Of about 15,000 people, approx 3000 voted?? :bash

Shame on Park County. Maybe we deserve this?

For the record: about 18,000 residents

3995 Registered Active Republicans
175 Inactive Republicans (means did not vote in Presidential Election)

3369 Active Independents

I'm not sure of the inactive Independents or the total of the Democrats

As these were the names and numbers I purchased from the clerk and recorders office

I'm disappointed in the results as well however I have to think God does have a plan! :)

2727 dems registered

12 Aug 2010 16:39 #35 by JMC

Valle Girl wrote:

shilohloki wrote: And we are no longer given the right to "write-in" a sheriff's candidate on our ballots. Fred only likes to see his name on there.

If someone who wants to be a write-in files their paperwork with SOS you can vote for the write-in candidate...it just can't be Michael Graves since he was a candidate in the primary

so I can throw my hat into the ring? Draft? no experience, or motivation but couldn't do worse than the incumbent.

12 Aug 2010 16:41 #36 by Valle Girl

JMC wrote:

Valle Girl wrote:

so I can throw my hat into the ring? Draft? no experience, or motivation but couldn't do worse than the incumbent.

Yep

12 Aug 2010 16:44 #37 by JMC
Why not draft a great candidate. Serious.

12 Aug 2010 22:23 #38 by AV8OR

JMC wrote: Why not draft a great candidate. Serious.

JMC,

I do not know you and you seem reasonable. I like your question above. It makes intelligent sense!

We have to identify and draft from a good quality pool. Politicians need not apply. For it is those politicians that have the county in the dire straits that it is in. In fact, why not draft someone that you don't particularly like, but makes good sense from a business point of view?

12 Aug 2010 22:29 #39 by fordgirl

AV8OR wrote:

JMC,

I do not know you and you seem reasonable. I like your question above. It makes intelligent sense!

We have to identify and draft from a good quality pool. Politicians need not apply. For it is those politicians that have the county in the dire straits that it is in. In fact, why not draft someone that you don't particularly like, but makes good sense from a business point of view?

I'm writing in Daffy Duck! rofllol

12 Aug 2010 22:31 #40 by AV8OR

fordgirl wrote:

AV8OR wrote:

JMC,

I'm writing in Daffy Duck! rofllol

FordGal,

You better be nice or I will write your name in!!!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds