Paglia on Duck Dynasty

22 Dec 2013 14:45 #51 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty

BlazerBob wrote: At the end of the day A&E is attempting to stifle free speech.

At the end of the day A&E is a business, and these knuckle-dragging rednecks work for them. Their conveniently misinterpreted expressions of their bigotry would not have been tolerated if there wasn't a First Amendment. Unfortunately, for them, their right to use the right to "free speech" is over-ridden by A&E's right control what affects their programming.

Personally, I like having the bigots right "out there", for all to see, in the spotlight. Makes it easier to identify them.

By the way, did you know that Marriage Equality is now LEGAL in EVERY state where Mitt Romney owns a home?... I'll bet that keeps him up at night...along with worrying about all the tax-breaks in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, and Switzerland that may be closed soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2013 15:02 #52 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

Their conveniently misinterpreted expressions of their bigotry would not have been tolerated if there wasn't a First Amendment

You make it sound like that "pesky" little 1st amendment. That probably can be fixed to your liking.

"Only the continuous and steady application of the methods for suppressing a doctrine, etc., makes it possible for a plan to succeed."

Look it up tool.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

22 Dec 2013 15:36 #53 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty

BlazerBob wrote: Scrutinize all you want. At the end of the day A&E is attempting to stifle free speech.

At the end of the day it is the LGBT and NAACP who are attempting to stifle speech they disagree with instead of being tolerant of views which are different from their own. Ironic, in that these groups also go out and ask for tolerance for what they believe that runs contrary to the beliefs of others, isn't it?

22 Dec 2013 16:41 #54 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty

LadyJazzer wrote: Personally, I like having the bigots right "out there", for all to see, in the spotlight. Makes it easier to identify them.

That's why I don't mind your foul bigotted statements anymore...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Dec 2013 18:18 #55 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote:

At the end of the day A&E is a business, and these knuckle-dragging rednecks work for them. Their conveniently misinterpreted expressions of their bigotry would not have been tolerated if there wasn't a First Amendment. Unfortunately, for them, their right to use the right to "free speech" is over-ridden by A&E's right control what affects their programming.

Personally, I like having the bigots right "out there", for all to see, in the spotlight. Makes it easier to identify them.

By the way, did you know that Marriage Equality is now LEGAL in EVERY state where Mitt Romney owns a home?... I'll bet that keeps him up at night...along with worrying about all the tax-breaks in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, and Switzerland that may be closed soon.

By the way, using her own words; the "knuckle-dragging", redneck, bigot, hypocrite LJ voted for a person for President who opposed gay marriage and "Marriage Equality".

OK, I added hypocrite because that is what she is. :faint:

22 Dec 2013 19:22 #56 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty

Rick wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Personally, I like having the bigots right "out there", for all to see, in the spotlight. Makes it easier to identify them.

That's why I don't mind your foul bigotted statements anymore...

Yes, at the end of the day LJ does not dispute the OP. she argues that her brand of fascism is OK because it is the right flavor.

"Paglia went on to point out that while she is an atheist she respects religion and has been frustrated by the intolerance of gay activists.

“I think that this intolerance by gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility,” Paglia said. “This is not the mark of a true intellectual life. This is why there is no cultural life now in the U.S. Why nothing is of interest coming from the major media in terms of cultural criticism. Why the graduates of the Ivy League with their A, A, A+ grades are complete cultural illiterates, etc. is because they are not being educated in any way to give respect to opposing view points.”

“There is a dialogue going on human civilization, for heaven sakes. It’s not just this monologue coming from fanatics who have displaced the religious beliefs of their parents into a political movement,” she added. “And that is what happened to feminism, and that is what happened to gay activism, a fanaticism.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/19/pagli ... z2oGDJwfls

22 Dec 2013 20:34 #57 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty
Great point from Paglia there, on too many campuses, a politically incorrect view is shouted down. It is like those 200K degrees just train the sheep of Animal Farm, "2 legs bad."

It always interests me what makes the news. So you have one man making politically incorrect comments that I disagree with and it blows up in the media. But Uganda passes a law that would put homosexuals in prison for a lifetime, (Per the BBC) and it gets almost no press.
The old bearded guy doesn't affect public policy, the Ugandan parliament plans to lock up thousands of innocents. :smackshead:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Dec 2013 22:19 #58 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty

pineinthegrass wrote: By the way, using her own words; the "knuckle-dragging", redneck, bigot, hypocrite LJ voted for a person for President who opposed gay marriage and "Marriage Equality".

Gee, if I were a one-issue voter, (like some of the gun-nuts, and pro-lifers) that might have some importance... But at least he came around, and ended up supporting it.

Lessee, what are we up to now?....17 states, and a Supreme Court Decision... (By the way, the 10th Circuit just denied Utah's "emergency appeal"...) And guess what--Colorado's Amendment-43 is basically the same law as Utahs...Guess what happens next...?

Rave on...

Lessee, how many things did RMoney "come around" to after he won the primary?

I have a whole list of Mitt-Flops from the post-primary season...Would you like to see them?

"Romney says he's FOR a "woman's right to choose""

[youtube:3dcamuqu]
[/youtube:3dcamuqu]

"Romney says "He's going to be further to the left than Ted Kennedy" on LGBT Rights?"

"Romney says RomneyCare is the way to Fly on health care"

"Romney says "I don't remember what I said, but whatever it was, I stand behind it..."

Oh, here's one with all of them in one easy-to-watch clip:

And you want to hang your insult on the idea that Obama wasn't for gay-marriage before he was FOR it?
lol lol lol lol

Yes, by all means, let's trade hyprocricies!!!!!! I welcome it!!!!

23 Dec 2013 06:14 #59 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, by all means, let's trade hyprocricies!!!!!! I welcome it!!!!

Unfortunately it's the only way you know how to debate a topic. That's what happens to morally bankrupt folks like yourself. Throw out some moral equivalency clap-trap and you don't have to worry about taking a moral stance on an issue.

That works fine if you are living in an echo chamber.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

23 Dec 2013 06:41 #60 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Paglia on Duck Dynasty

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds