ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

26 Feb 2014 07:47 #271 by Venturer
No quarrel with anything that is said here. LJ just keeps the blinders on.

My concern is what happens after it goes bust? It will go bust as there aren't enough people signed up. Are we going to have a bunch of middle of the road Repubs make some kind of stupid compromise and modify this monstrosity which will only make it worse?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2014 07:49 #272 by FredHayek
I think it will continue with slight modifications. I doubt Republicans will sign on in large numbers to any reforms. It will just be more of a money loser than originally thought.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Feb 2014 08:10 #273 by archer
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/news/ec ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Back at the beginning of the ACA debate I, and many others, pointed out how this law would allow people to become entrepreneurs, to retire earlier, to change jobs without the fear of losing health insurance, and it would save them money. And, sure enough, it's turning out to be true. This is good for people, for jobs, and for our economy.

26 Feb 2014 08:12 #274 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/news/economy/ob...index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Back at the beginning of the ACA debate I, and many others, pointed out how this law would allow people to become entrepreneurs, to retire earlier, to change jobs without the fear of losing health insurance, and it would save them money. And, sure enough, it's turning out to be true. This is good for people, for jobs, and for our economy.

Oh goody... we found one. Well... that's a start. Now if only we can find those 30-50 million people that this law was suppose to help...

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Feb 2014 08:41 - 26 Feb 2014 09:09 #275 by FredHayek

archer wrote: money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/news/economy/ob...index.html?hpt=hp_t2

And it would also permit people to quit their jobs and let other Americans pay for their subsidized healthcare. How nice!
You get to stay home and take care of your kids and your former coworkers wll be paying 40% more for their health insurance so you can change diapers. Or pursue your dreams of becoming a street artist.

26 Feb 2014 08:58 #276 by archer
Pretty much what I expected from the posters here. Keep em coming, your responses show how irrational you are on the ACA, you can't bring yourselves to acknowledge any positive news on how Obamacare is working. For all the claims here that liberals are blind to the problems this law has created, you all are equally blind to its benefits,

26 Feb 2014 09:28 #277 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Pretty much what I expected from the posters here. Keep em coming, your responses show how irrational you are on the ACA, you can't bring yourselves to acknowledge any positive news on how Obamacare is working. For all the claims here that liberals are blind to the problems this law has created, you all are equally blind to its benefits,

Pretty much of what I expected, you don't address anything that's been pointed out here. Try answering "Now if only we can find those 30-50 million people that this law was suppose to help."

Where are they? Knowing that those people are getting coverage right now would be very positive.

Hey... a paradise for they, at the cost of them.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Feb 2014 09:35 #278 by Rick

archer wrote: Pretty much what I expected from the posters here. Keep em coming, your responses show how irrational you are on the ACA, you can't bring yourselves to acknowledge any positive news on how Obamacare is working. For all the claims here that liberals are blind to the problems this law has created, you all are equally blind to its benefits,

What is the positive when care is reduced, premiums are increased, and after 10 years, there will still be 30 million uninsured (according to the CBO)? How much evidence do you need before you'll admit this law is an unworkable disaster?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Feb 2014 09:39 #279 by FredHayek
Archer and others were sold a pig in a poke and now just refuse to consider the evidence that this will not deliver on what it promises.

26 Feb 2014 10:17 #280 by OmniScience

I'm not blind to the fact that I will pay more for insurance.
I'm not blind to the fact that Obamacare will not help me in any way.
I'm not blind to the fact that Obama lied over and over about keeping a health plan.
I'm not blind to the fact that my coverage and care will not get any better.

And I am certainly not blind to the fact that Democrats have once again taken another liberty from me, by forcing me to buy health insurance.

Please tell me how I am irrational about this, Archer. Please tell me how I am benefitting from more government in my life, I really want to know.

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds