Will Tancredo or Maes drop out or is Hickenlooper our Gov.

13 Aug 2010 09:41 #1 by The Viking
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... o_governor

New poll out. 49% are voting for the two conservatives candidates and only 43% want Hickenlooper. But when we divide those votes, Hickenlooper is a sure thing to give Colorado another Democratic Governor.

Do you think either will drop out to give Colorado what they really want, a Republican Governor? Personally I think if Tancredo drops out that all 18% of his votes go to Maes as he is too far to the right to have any go for Hickenlooper. But if Maes drops out, I think at least 5% of his supporters will vote for Hickenlooper as they will find Tancredo too far out there. So I think the only way to have a Republican Governor for the next 4 years is for Tancredo to drop out.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Aug 2010 10:10 #2 by fordgirl

The Viking wrote: www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/...10_colorado_governor

New poll out. 49% are voting for the two conservatives candidates and only 43% want Hickenlooper. But when we divide those votes, Hickenlooper is a sure thing to give Colorado another Democratic Governor.

Do you think either will drop out to give Colorado what they really want, a Republican Governor? Personally I think if Tancredo drops out that all 18% of his votes go to Maes as he is too far to the right to have any go for Hickenlooper. But if Maes drops out, I think at least 5% of his supporters will vote for Hickenlooper as they will find Tancredo too far out there. So I think the only way to have a Republican Governor for the next 4 years is for Tancredo to drop out.

Thoughts?

HICKENRITTER! WILL WIN :Crying:

13 Aug 2010 11:18 #3 by Grady
1. Tancredo is not that far out, he’s been portrayed that, first by the open border and amnesty advocates. More lately the GOP has been playing that card because Tancredo dared to challenge GOP.
2. If Tancredo were to drop out, which he won’t, I think less than half of those Tancredo supporters would switch to Maes. Most would either under vote or go to another candidate. Since Tancredo’s announcement the American Constitution Party has picked up 10s of thousands of new party members.
3. Money, we all know about the problems Maes has had raising money, I hear it’s not getting any better with rumors that many groups who would normally be dumping money into a GOP governor’s race are staying away from this one. Tancredo has the ability and the backing to raise as much as or more than the Democrats.
Let’s take a look at Dan Maes, we are finding out he is apparently a less than successful salesman. He hasn’t released his complete up to date tax records, and even those partial records that he did “release” were not very impressive. $23,000 in fines to the ECC is nothing to sneeze about. It’s my feeling that we have not yet heard the last of his problems. Even without Tancredo in the race, Maes did not have a chance against Hickenlooper.
My suggestion to anyone who doesn’t want Hickenlooper as our next governor, to anyone who doesn’t want Colorado to become a sanctuary state is to get behind Tancredo.

13 Aug 2010 11:27 #4 by The Viking

Grady wrote: 1. Tancredo is not that far out, he’s been portrayed that, first by the open border and amnesty advocates. More lately the GOP has been playing that card because Tancredo dared to challenge GOP.
2. If Tancredo were to drop out, which he won’t, I think less than half of those Tancredo supporters would switch to Maes. Most would either under vote or go to another candidate. Since Tancredo’s announcement the American Constitution Party has picked up 10s of thousands of new party members.
3. Money, we all know about the problems Maes has had raising money, I hear it’s not getting any better with rumors that many groups who would normally be dumping money into a GOP governor’s race are staying away from this one. Tancredo has the ability and the backing to raise as much as or more than the Democrats.
Let’s take a look at Dan Maes, we are finding out he is apparently a less than successful salesman. He hasn’t released his complete up to date tax records, and even those partial records that he did “release” were not very impressive. $23,000 in fines to the ECC is nothing to sneeze about. It’s my feeling that we have not yet heard the last of his problems. Even without Tancredo in the race, Maes did not have a chance against Hickenlooper.
My suggestion to anyone who doesn’t want Hickenlooper as our next governor, to anyone who doesn’t want Colorado to become a sanctuary state is to get behind Tancredo.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tancredo but like you said, the media has portrayed him as so far out there that he doesn't have a chance to beat a Democrat who is not totally to the left.

13 Aug 2010 12:51 #5 by FredHayek
Quite possibly the press will attack Tancredo so hard that Maes will be able to win if Tancredo only gets a 2-3% vote.
Sic Breitbart on Hickenlooper! About time to see Hick's bad side.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Aug 2010 13:13 #6 by RenegadeCJ
Maes should ask Tancredo to be his Lt. Gov. His duty would be to trump his immigration issues, which Tancredo would love to do.

Tancredo is probably too stubborn though...and we'll end up with the union stooge...Hick, as our new governor.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

13 Aug 2010 14:25 - 13 Aug 2010 14:31 #7 by PrintSmith
I agree - Tancredo isn't about to be anyone's second fiddle.

For the life of me I can't understand the doom and gloom coming from the conservative voices I hear on the TV, radio and evidenced here. Did we learn nothing from the 1994 and 2006 national elections? It doesn't matter who the titular head of the government is, what matters is control of the legislature. The governor can only sign, or refuse to sign, the bills that the legislature presents to him.

I, for one, am happy that both Maes and Tancredo will be giving conservatives a reason to vote this November. The more conservatives that cast a vote, the more likely it will be that the legislature will be controlled by the conservatives, even if Hickenlooper does end up being elected as governor. The more apparent it is that Hick will win the race, the less likely it will be that progressives will show up in numbers large enough to maintain control of both houses of the state legislature. The more conservatives that cast a vote, the more likely it will be that Buck will win the Senate race.

Only if we fail to regain control of one sector of the legislative process will we need concern ourselves with the repercussions of Maes and Tancredo splitting the vote. It's a glorious morning for the conservative cause - I am hard pressed to find a single cloud in the sky. Stop listening to the progressives as they seek to plant despair in your hearts with all the talk of splitting the vote - they hope that you will stay home on election day and they can continue to sweep aside the principles upon which the foundation of the nation was laid. I don't care how many conservatives seek the office of governor, I care what will be laid before the next governor for their signature more than I care about who will actually be signing it.

13 Aug 2010 14:29 #8 by conifermtman
Tom Tancredo was on 630 AM this morning and presented some interesting facts. Early on in Maes's campaign he was was for a pathway to citizenship for illegals. As Tancredo put it, Maes's position on the subject has "evolved". How much faith can you put on Maes since he has no track record?

Later on 630 AM Freda Poundstone the former mayor of Greenwood Village and state lobbyist called in. Apparently Dan Maes needed funds from Poundstone just to pay his mortgage. What kind of successful business person has that problem and expects voters to trust him with his judgement? Poundstone also pointed out that he didn't understand the crazy gun rights cloud and Poundstone had to remind him that those were his voters.

You can listen to these broadcasts at http://www.khow.com/pages/boyles.html

The Governor's race is going to be a mess and Hickenlooper will become Governor unless someone drops out. Hickenlooper as things stand right now does not even have to campaign and he will win.

13 Aug 2010 14:34 #9 by mountaindollar
Will not be voting for Maes I worked with him at former job and no thanks.

13 Aug 2010 14:37 #10 by conifermtman

mountaindollar wrote: Will not be voting for Maes I worked with him at former job and no thanks.

So what was he like?

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds