Will Tancredo or Maes drop out or is Hickenlooper our Gov.

14 Aug 2010 21:30 #21 by Wayne Harrison
I wouldn't write Maes or Tancredo off just yet.

A lot can happen between now and the election.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2010 19:58 #22 by Grady

Wayne Harrison wrote: I wouldn't write Maes or Tancredo off just yet.

:yeahthat:

15 Aug 2010 20:23 - 15 Aug 2010 20:51 #23 by The Viking

Grady wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: I wouldn't write Maes or Tancredo off just yet.

:yeahthat:

Yeah Grady and I were talking about that this morning at breakfast and I am starting to have my hopes rekindled.

15 Aug 2010 20:29 #24 by major bean
Maes has some very crippling past personal financial problems.

The link is to an article by Karen Crummy, Denver Post Staff Writer:
(it is not just some blog by "Joe Citizen")

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2010/08/13/maes-cant-remember-if-poundstones-cash-was-a-gift-or-a-contiribtion/13409/

Regards,
Major Bean

01 Sep 2010 09:54 #25 by The Viking
Maes needs to stop down and see if Tancredo can pull this off. Maes got caught in another lie.
It is on the front page of 285 right now.

Report: Maes Backpedals On 'Undercover' Cop Claim

But Bob Blecha, director of the Kansas Bureau of Investigation, said it has no record of Maes working with the agency during his stint as a police officer from 1983 to 1985, the Post reported.

"We've checked our records. We've talked to people working in that area (southwest Kansas) at the time," said Blecha told the newspaper. "He (Maes) refers to a gambling case and possible drugs. They (agents) don't recall him working with them on any case like that."

Did he work "undercover," the newspaper asked.

"Those comments might have been incorrect comments," Maes told the Post.

Maes said that he could not provide records to support the undercover claim.

"This was 25 years ago," he said. "It's just not worth covering that much. It's a nonissue."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politic ... etail.html

01 Sep 2010 11:52 #26 by Nmysys
It is not a non-issue to us the voters! After the discovery yesterday about the money from Mrs. Poundstone, not knowing whether or not it was campaign money, which should have therefore been claimed, supposedly it was cash, or whether or not it was to help him pay his mortgage, that brings up another issue. If he can't maintain his own house financially, how can he run our State?

I guess I will check out Tom Tancredo's site again. What is that old saying, : better the devil we know, than the devil we don't know?

03 Sep 2010 14:36 #27 by Grady
So what, if anything is Dan Maes going to do today? He is losing support faster than an old pair of underwear. And if he drops out are you Maes diehards going to go with whomever the party chooses? Isn't that why you went with Maes in the first place, that's why I supported him at first.

03 Sep 2010 15:14 #28 by The Viking

Grady wrote: So what, if anything is Dan Maes going to do today? He is losing support faster than an old pair of underwear. And if he drops out are you Maes diehards going to go with whomever the party chooses? Isn't that why you went with Maes in the first place, that's why I supported him at first.

I never supported Maes. I voted for McInnis. I am for Tancredo all the way now unless Maes drops out and they come up with a great candidate.

03 Sep 2010 19:13 #29 by LadyJazzer
Oh, I hope so... PLEASE vote for Tancredo...

04 Sep 2010 09:22 #30 by Nmysys
LJ:

We get it. All you want to do is cheer everyone on to split the vote so the Hickpooper will win.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds