Happy 41st Anniv Roe vs Wade...CO Repubs still trying to ban

22 Jan 2014 20:53 #11 by Pony Soldier
The best thing to do if you don't like abortion, which I have never met anyone who does, is to prevent the reasons that women get abortions. An unwanted pregnancy is totally preventable. Then, after the fact, why do women get abortions? Mostly because it is inconvenient or just plain impossible to their current situation. We could, as a society, do more to look into this problem and help these women find other paths. That is the only thing that might stand a chance of lowering those numbers. Some stupid law will not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2014 16:33 #12 by homeagain
Slightly off topic BUT still about rights/abortion/ AND WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE KID.....

Anyone following the Ft. Worth,Texas mother who is BRAIN DEAD and the hospital is keeping
her DEAD body alive to incubate a deformed,NOT viable fetus???? The hospital has been
COURT ORDERED to disconnect her dead body and allow the family to bury her and GRIEVE the
loss of their daughter/wife......AND THE HOSPITAL IN FT WORTH IS DECIDING IF THEY WILL
APPEAL THE COURT ORDER!!!! WTF....... Has everyone just gone friggin insane???

26 Jan 2014 11:40 #13 by homeagain
Per Reuters......On Sunday hospital announced they would follow the court order DISCONNECT
of life support to a DEAD body.....however they did not indicate WHEN they would do so......

I have been following this travesty with keen interest, end of life issues are personal and sacred.

WARNING....IF you do not have it down in writing and allow your family to retain copies of your
wishes you are screwed.....this poor woman was an EMT....she was EXTREMELY aware of the
issues of body death and should NOT have been put thru this abhorrent action of the hospital.

(NOW to tie this into the title of thread.....the pro-lifers were eager to call "rights of the fetus"
but yet, WHO would be paying for the 24/7 care of this life....WHO would be sitting holding this
life and tending to it's emotional and physical well being???? THIS was between the family and
the husband and THEY were in agreement.....the hospital should have honored their heart wrenching decision and used COMMON SENSE to facilitate an ETHICALLY moral outcome.....
JMO

27 Jan 2014 07:56 #14 by Venturer
So what exactly do you have in mind to prevent abortions? Some stupid law won't do it like you said. But you going to mandate that they have to use contraceptives or use a day after pill or put a lock on their private parts? How about we just cut off men's penises and then there wouldn't be any problem whatsoever - unwanted pregnancy totally preventable.

towermonkey wrote: The best thing to do if you don't like abortion, which I have never met anyone who does, is to prevent the reasons that women get abortions. An unwanted pregnancy is totally preventable. Then, after the fact, why do women get abortions? Mostly because it is inconvenient or just plain impossible to their current situation. We could, as a society, do more to look into this problem and help these women find other paths. That is the only thing that might stand a chance of lowering those numbers. Some stupid law will not.

27 Jan 2014 08:38 #15 by Rick

GreatGran wrote: So what exactly do you have in mind to prevent abortions? Some stupid law won't do it like you said. But you going to mandate that they have to use contraceptives or use a day after pill or put a lock on their private parts? How about we just cut off men's penises and then there wouldn't be any problem whatsoever - unwanted pregnancy totally preventable.

One side wants to make abortions easier and less expensive whie the other side wants them to be eliminated or at least rare. When I hear the left saying they want abortions to be rare and safe, I do wonder how that is suppose to happen when they also want easier access with less out of pocket. And then there's the fact that the left media barely covered Gosnell as to not shine a bad light on the abortion industry.

If you really want to reduce abortions, you don't make them cheaper, easier, and without consequences. I say we at least tax the proceedure in the same way we tax alcohol and transfer that revenue to adoption centers and put toward the education of what abortion really is.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Jan 2014 09:11 #16 by Mary Scott

Rick wrote: If you really want to reduce abortions, you don't make them cheaper, easier, and without consequences.

The idea is to reduce abortions by reducing pregnancies (except by abstention of course), not reduce the availability.

27 Jan 2014 09:39 #17 by Rick

Mary Scott wrote:

Rick wrote: If you really want to reduce abortions, you don't make them cheaper, easier, and without consequences.

The idea is to reduce abortions by reducing pregnancies (except by abstention of course), not reduce the availability.

Well you don't reduce drunk driving and speeding by having less consequences... I'm not making a direct comparison, only stating the obvious. If there are no consequences (or very limited ones) for unwanted pregnancies, you will only see more.

I also think Planned Parenthood should change it's name to something a little more accurate since it has little to do with parenting and more to do with avoiding that "burden".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Jan 2014 15:30 #18 by ThePetParent
IF I want an abortion I will get an abortion.
Never judge someone till you walk in their shoes.
I will always support the morning after pill, or abortion.
I would like to see more women try to get an abortion ASAP and would like to see Pro Choice advocates set up a fund to help women who can not afford an abortion to get one once they are sure this is the route they want to take.
I also condone over the age of 15 to be able to get the morning after pill or abortion without a parents consent. :biggrin:

27 Jan 2014 15:35 #19 by ThePetParent

Rick wrote:

Mary Scott wrote:

Well you don't reduce drunk driving and speeding by having less consequences... I'm not making a direct comparison, only stating the obvious. If there are no consequences (or very limited ones) for unwanted pregnancies, you will only see more.

I also think Planned Parenthood should change it's name to something a little more accurate since it has little to do with parenting and more to do with avoiding that "burden".

Planned Parenthood means just that...Planned....Planning a child..if it happened unexpectedly then its not planned....

They don't help with parenting only to help if you did not plan on getting pregnant until the time you do plan and want to get pregnant :bash

Typical guy response :faint:

27 Jan 2014 17:40 #20 by FredHayek

ThePetParent wrote: IF I want an abortion I will get an abortion.
Never judge someone till you walk in their shoes.
I will always support the morning after pill, or abortion.
I would like to see more women try to get an abortion ASAP and would like to see Pro Choice advocates set up a fund to help women who can not afford an abortion to get one once they are sure this is the route they want to take.
I also condone over the age of 15 to be able to get the morning after pill or abortion without a parents consent. :biggrin:

Support abortion as a sex selection option too?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds