Happy 41st Anniv Roe vs Wade...CO Repubs still trying to ban

02 Feb 2014 14:49 #41 by Pony Soldier
So what's your solution? It is legal and will continue to be. How do you propose to reduce abortions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2014 15:02 #42 by Arlen
The public conscience must change.
The politically correct language concerning this issue must change to reflect what is really being done; murder.
The motivation of abortion seekers must be exposed for all to see and not hidden behind candy coated excuses.
A public campaign should be conducted to paint abortion doctors and abortion seekers as they truly are: evil.
Then, with public support, change the law.

02 Feb 2014 15:11 #43 by FredHayek
One bright side? Per 710 KNUS abortion rate at lowest since 1973. Aging of the population? Plan B? Combination of factors?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Feb 2014 15:32 #44 by Pony Soldier

Arlen wrote: The public conscience must change.
The politically correct language concerning this issue must change to reflect what is really being done; murder.
The motivation of abortion seekers must be exposed for all to see and not hidden behind candy coated excuses.
A public campaign should be conducted to paint abortion doctors and abortion seekers as they truly are: evil.
Then, with public support, change the law.

Let me know how that works out for you.

02 Feb 2014 16:13 #45 by Arlen
You have a better plan? Go with the flow? Give up? Condone evil? Look the other way?
Most people nowadays ask, "Am I my brother's keeper?"

02 Feb 2014 17:22 #46 by Pony Soldier
Use Planned Parenthood to hook up young pregnant women with couples wanting to adopt. Provide child care help for young girls wanting to continue education or just want to work. Make contraception more readily available.

02 Feb 2014 18:50 #47 by Arlen

towermonkey wrote: Use Planned Parenthood to hook up young pregnant women with couples wanting to adopt. Provide child care help for young girls wanting to continue education or just want to work. Make contraception more readily available.

Big Brother cannot solve social problems. It destroys individual responsibility and would continue the legalization of the murder of babies.

02 Feb 2014 20:29 #48 by Pony Soldier
Well, Arlen, you can preach your viewpoints and never make any difference or back some changes that will save some of these babies. Saving some, to me, is better than none. Why would someone who claims to be pro-life argue against saving lives?

03 Feb 2014 17:33 #49 by Wicked
National Abortion Rate Sees Huge Drop As More Women Are Using Birth Control
“The decline in abortions coincided with a steep national drop in overall pregnancy and birth rates,”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/02 ... ate-drops/

Biggest reason: crappy economy.

Of course, as is pointed out, rates could be dropping in some areas because of a lack of access to clinics. So yes, while outlawing abortion would very likely decrease the total number of abortions (cuz that worked soooo well for Prohibition), women would still get them, and babies and mothers would die more due to lack of regulations concerning cleanliness of facilities and proper procedures. I get that more judgmental people think this is perfectly acceptable, as the women/couples who'd choose that deserve it, but I rather think that a better option is to increase long-term contraceptive availability so that we end up with babies who are wanted and loved and well taken care of when people are ready for them. Public conscience isn't going to change, abortions have been going on as long as people have been getting pregnant.

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

03 Feb 2014 18:06 #50 by Pony Soldier
:like: Thanks Wicked. You said it much better than I was able to.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds