Happy 41st Anniv Roe vs Wade...CO Repubs still trying to ban

22 Jan 2014 08:20 #1 by Wicked
Despite the fact that voters have continually voted against measures like this year after year, there are some who, God bless 'em, just don't want to get it. I had to shake my head at the quote in the WND story http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/state-bill-m ... -3-felony/ about this bill saying that "the left has made Colorado “a Kermit Gosnell-friendly state and we have to do something about it.” - Yes, because passing a bill that outlaws abortion wouldn't drive it underground and create more Gosnell incidents. :smackshead:

Nothing Learned: House GOP Introduces 2014′s Abortion Ban Bill
http://coloradopols.com/diary/53399/hou ... n-ban-bill

House Bill 14-1133, a bill sponsored by a large group of Republican lawmakers that very straightforwardly makes abortion a class 3 felony:

Rep. Humphrey’s bill, HB14-1133, would ban abortions in Colorado. It was introduced today with the cosponsorship of Minority Leader Brian DelGrosso (R-Loveland) and Reps. Perry Buck (R-Windsor), Justin Everett (R-Littleton), Chis Holbert (R-Parker), Lois Landgraf (R-Colorado Springs), Daniel Nordberg (R-Colorado Springs), Kevin Priola (R-Henderson), Lori Saine (R-Dacono), Jerry Sonnenberg (R-Sterling), Spencer Swalm (R-Centennial) and Jared Wright (R-Fruita).

The Humphrey bill says anyone who performs an abortion in Colorado commits a Class 3 felony, making no exception in cases of rape or incest. It would ban all forms of pregnancy termination, including Plan B, the “morning-after pill.” The bill also defines life at conception and would ostensibly establish “personhood” in Colorado’s statutes…

:like:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sue-dunla ... 41007.html

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2014 08:41 #2 by FredHayek
55 million abortions later. Hitler would be impressed. 1.35 million abortions per year. Like a city the size of Denver thrown in a trash bin annually. You should be proud, those are astounding numbers.
High five!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jan 2014 09:04 #3 by homeagain
BECAUSE I am old enough to remember.......abortions will ALWAYS be performed....the REAL
issue is this.....will they be performed safely,with the upmost care. (that means sterile,that
means post-care, that means a staff that is sensitive to the difficult decision.) The ONLY way
to ensure those factors is to LEGALIZE the issue and allow monitoring to be an on-going factor.

For me....the life of the child that is abused,neglected,void of love and caring is the REAL TRAGEDY and is an abhorrent aftermath of this issue....IT IS A WOMAN'S LEGAL CHOICE....
(my generation fought long and hard for this ability to control our bodies/lives and UNTIL a
man takes FULL responsibility on a continuing basis...stfu....(yes, I know there are SOME
men who take their responsibility seriously, but NOT enough.)....the CHILD poverty rate in the
United States is APPALLING...if men were taking responsibility that statistic would NOT be
a rising concern.

22 Jan 2014 09:21 #4 by Wicked
How many do you think we'd have if it were outlawed?

Proud, no. I'd much prefer we actually did a better job at pregnancy prevention and reduce the number of abortions, and support women better when they do have an unintended pregnancy so they don't feel that they have to get one in order to keep their job, stay in school, not face shame. But outlawing it is not the way to reduce pregnancies, or keep women from dying because of having back-alley procedures.

And even with all those abortions, we're still overpopulated...

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

22 Jan 2014 11:32 #5 by 2milehigh
You sound like that Larry Jazzer guy who used to post on here. Full of love for loss of life.

22 Jan 2014 12:18 #6 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: 55 million abortions later. Hitler would be impressed. 1.35 million abortions per year. Like a city the size of Denver thrown in a trash bin annually. You should be proud, those are astounding numbers.
High five!

Works for me. Can you think of a better way to control liberal overpopulation? :pop

22 Jan 2014 12:35 #7 by Photo-fish

homeagain wrote: BECAUSE I am old enough to remember.......abortions will ALWAYS be performed....the REAL
issue is this.....will they be performed safely,with the upmost care. (that means sterile,that
means post-care, that means a staff that is sensitive to the difficult decision.) The ONLY way
to ensure those factors is to LEGALIZE the issue and allow monitoring to be an on-going factor.

For me....the life of the child that is abused,neglected,void of love and caring is the REAL TRAGEDY and is an abhorrent aftermath of this issue....IT IS A WOMAN'S LEGAL CHOICE....
(my generation fought long and hard for this ability to control our bodies/lives and UNTIL a
man takes FULL responsibility on a continuing basis...stfu....(yes, I know there are SOME
men who take their responsibility seriously, but NOT enough.)....the CHILD poverty rate in the
United States is APPALLING...if men were taking responsibility that statistic would NOT be
a rising concern.

:yeahthat:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Jan 2014 12:39 #8 by FredHayek

Wicked wrote: How many do you think we'd have if it were outlawed?

Proud, no. I'd much prefer we actually did a better job at pregnancy prevention and reduce the number of abortions, and support women better when they do have an unintended pregnancy so they don't feel that they have to get one in order to keep their job, stay in school, not face shame. But outlawing it is not the way to reduce pregnancies, or keep women from dying because of having back-alley procedures.

And even with all those abortions, we're still overpopulated...

Agree, I support the right to legal and safe abortions, but I just wish it wasn't so common.
I think the people writing this bill should have gone the way of Texas and mandate abortion clinic standards instead of outright bans.

22 Jan 2014 12:45 #9 by Wicked
2milehigh, as I said earlier and have said on this topic before, I do not celebrate the loss of life. I would love to see a decrease in the number of abortions, I just disagree with many conservatives on the best way to make that happen. It's proven historically that if you prevent people from doing something they really want to do (abortions,Prohibition, etc), they will just find an illegal way to do it which is more dangerous and deadly for all involved. Banning abortion is not the answer.

I am in complete agreement with homeagain - children suffering is the ultimate tragedy. Our overpopulation is contributing to that. I'd rather see women around the world have full access to contraception so they can plan for fewer children that they can devote more time, energy, attention, and resources to so those kids grow up in a loving household, receiving adequate food, health care, and education. Do we differ so much in that goal?

FH, abortion clinic practices/facilities should be monitored and maintained at a standard level of clean and professional care just like doctor's offices. However, I question the motives of those in Texas - are they doing it for the health of the women, or to start restricting access? (I haven't been keeping close tabs on the legislation going on there, do you have any sources for direction? I have to run, but I'll try to look it up later. Thanks.)

22 Jan 2014 13:04 #10 by FredHayek
The Texas legislation seems to be a combination of restricting access, improving standards, and strangest of all, profiting from abortion. The new, better clinics appear to be owned partially by a relative of the governor. So Republicans making money off abortion, stranger than fiction?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds