Happy 41st Anniv Roe vs Wade...CO Repubs still trying to ban

27 Jan 2014 17:53 #21 by Blazer Bob

ThePetParent wrote: IF I want an abortion I will get an abortion.
Never judge someone till you walk in their shoes.
I will always support the morning after pill, or abortion.
I would like to see more women try to get an abortion ASAP and would like to see Pro Choice advocates set up a fund to help women who can not afford an abortion to get one once they are sure this is the route they want to take.
I also condone over the age of 15 to be able to get the morning after pill or abortion without a parents consent. :biggrin:

Then you are a bigot discriminating against females between puberty and age 15. :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2014 08:27 - 28 Jan 2014 09:30 #22 by Rick

ThePetParent wrote:
Planned Parenthood means just that...Planned....Planning a child..if it happened unexpectedly then its not planned....

They don't help with parenting only to help if you did not plan on getting pregnant until the time you do plan and want to get pregnant :bash

Typical guy response :faint:

I love it when people call me typical without actually knowing me. As a parent of three beautiful kids, I believe I also have a right to my opinion on human life, even though I'm only just a man. And I do have my own PP experience to draw from... when I was 21, my girlfriend got pregnant because we were both irresponsible and we both decided within minutes of finding out that our "problem" could just go away with a little cash. When it was over, we both were unable to even talk about it and I think we both knew in our hearts it was a hasty decision. Two weeks later we broke up because I believe it helped us move on and forget what ever happened.

Years later when we were both married with kids, she showed up at my car lot and we had a chance to talk about it again. We talked about how old our child would have been and the guilt we both felt for not giving that life more consideration. It felt good to finally talk about it again after so many years of trying to forget. We both wished the decision wasn't so easy, especially since we had our own living proof of what that life really means.

I can't dictate what decisions other people make, just like I can't tell someone how to raise their kids, I just wish abortion required a little more thought. I believe that if a fetus could be seen as if looking through a window, that the decision would be much more difficult... but we all know how true the saying of "out of site, out of mind" really is.

But this is just the opinion of your typical guy, so probably not worth much.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Jan 2014 08:53 #23 by FredHayek
In the Denver Post this morning, the GOP is giving classes to their politicians on what to say when campaigning. Teach them to be more PC?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jan 2014 09:05 #24 by Pony Soldier

I would like to see more women try to get an abortion ASAP and would like to see Pro Choice advocates set up a fund to help women who can not afford an abortion to get one once they are sure this is the route they want to take.
I also condone over the age of 15 to be able to get the morning after pill or abortion without a parents consent. :biggrin:

If only people like this gave as much thought to the potential human life they are ending as they do to their pets.

30 Jan 2014 13:30 #25 by Rick

towermonkey wrote:

If only people like this gave as much thought to the potential human life they are ending as they do to their pets.

Good point. Imagine taking your dog to the vet because of a bloated stomach and finding out she was pregnant... would there be a vet willing to remove and destroy the puppies to save the owner the inconvenience? I doubt it, and if so, PETA would come unglued if they found out.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Jan 2014 18:40 #26 by Pony Soldier
I may be assuming too much based on a screen name there.

31 Jan 2014 10:14 #27 by Arlen
After 41 years Colorado Democrats are still murdering the unborn babies.
Nationally, 56.7 million baby murdered in 41 years by abortion (1973-2010).

This is worse than Hitler (6 million Jews murdered in the holocaust).
Worse than Stalin (Stalin murdered 20 million).
Worse than Pol Pot (1.5 million).

31 Jan 2014 14:15 #28 by Arlen

homeagain wrote: issue is this.....will they be performed safely,with the upmost care. (that means sterile,that
means post-care, that means a staff that is sensitive to the difficult decision.)

You want to look out for the welfare of a murderer? And that is the reason to legalize murder?

There will always be assault and battery, so why not legalize assault and battery?
There will always be strong arm robbery, so why not legalize strong arm robbery?
There will always be rape, so why not legalize rape?

31 Jan 2014 14:17 #29 by Arlen

homeagain wrote: For me....the life of the child that is abused,neglected,void of love and caring is the REAL TRAGEDY.....

So women who get abortions are abusive, neglectful, and devoid of love and caring? You and I agree on this!

31 Jan 2014 14:28 #30 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: BECAUSE I am old enough to remember.......abortions will ALWAYS be performed....the REAL
issue is this.....will they be performed safely,with the upmost care. (that means sterile,that
means post-care, that means a staff that is sensitive to the difficult decision.) The ONLY way
to ensure those factors is to LEGALIZE the issue and allow monitoring to be an on-going factor.

For me....the life of the child that is abused,neglected,void of love and caring is the REAL TRAGEDY and is an abhorrent aftermath of this issue....IT IS A WOMAN'S LEGAL CHOICE....
(my generation fought long and hard for this ability to control our bodies/lives and UNTIL a
man takes FULL responsibility on a continuing basis...stfu....(yes, I know there are SOME
men who take their responsibility seriously, but NOT enough.)....the CHILD poverty rate in the
United States is APPALLING...if men were taking responsibility that statistic would NOT be
a rising concern.

IF you are going to quote me, then I would request you do so in an ACCURATE manner......
Arlen I notice you are from the SOUTH (Tennessee).....you just MIGHT want to research that
states CHILD POVERTY rate (I did, it is VERY DETAILED and 2012 are the latest figures...UNTIL
men step up and PROVIDE for their children that ALREADY EXIST....your statements look/sound
unusually ignorant of the FACT....DO THE RESEARCH CHILD POVERTY IS ON THE RISE IN THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA....

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds