Happy 41st Anniv Roe vs Wade...CO Repubs still trying to ban

31 Jan 2014 14:36 - 31 Jan 2014 15:09 #31 by Arlen
Homeagain, by a large majority, women choose their plot in life. If they choose to have children out of wedlock, I do not believe that abortion is the answer. If women choose to divorce their husband, I do not believe that abortion is the answer.
I also do not believe that it is the responsibility of the taxpayer to support those in poverty, except for the disabled, elderly, and orphans.
Every citizen of the U.S. has access to the tool with which to get out of poverty: education. If you reject the opportunity of a free education in the U.S. you earn your poverty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2014 14:48 #32 by ScienceChic
I'm seeing a lot of assumptions in your statements Arlen. First, it's not CO Democrats causing abortions - it's the women who choose to go get them and they hail from every demographic, race, religion (a big percentage are Catholic), ethnicity, and political affiliation, and a big majority of them happen in the South - an area that is more conservative.

Another telling statistic is that many women who get abortions are married, in their 20s (not teens) and already have a child - they often cite as a reason that they don't feel they can adequately provide for another child. So it's not just single, poor, unmarried welfare moms.

If you (general, not specific to Arlen) don't have a handle on who's actually getting them, and why, then you can't adequately create and implement an effective solution to reduce them. And that's a goal that transcends politics.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Jan 2014 15:00 #33 by LadyJazzer
And, "Every citizen of the U.S. has access to the tool with which to get out of "a pregnancy...It's called an abortion... And it's legal, and it's protected, and it's none of your damn business...

Fortunately, the extremists who want to continue using trigger-words like "murder" are waaaay in the minority. So howl all you want to...You can't stop it.

31 Jan 2014 15:01 - 31 Jan 2014 15:30 #34 by Arlen
ScienceChic, the effective solution to reduce abortion is to make abortion illegal. Simple as that!
The topic of this thread is CO Republicans, so I thought that I would remind the author of the thread that CO Democrats also participate in the abortion issue.

Who cares if the murderer is married or not? You should be chastising the liberal (homeagain) who introduced the idea of single, poor, unmarried welfare moms. Not me.

31 Jan 2014 15:06 - 31 Jan 2014 15:31 #35 by Arlen

LadyJazzer wrote: And, "Every citizen of the U.S. has access to the tool with which to get out of "a pregnancy...It's called an abortion... And it's legal, and it's protected, and it's none of your damn business...

Fortunately, the extremists who want to continue using trigger-words like "murder" are waaaay in the minority. So howl all you want to...You can't stop it.

So, don't let it bother you.

But murder is murder. Let us go to India and start aborting all of the fetus of the tigers and see what a massive howl would arise from the liberals.
Let us start aborting all of the seals' fetus. Imagine the raucous that would cause?
What if we find a single cell organism on Mars? LIFE FOUND ON MARS!!!

Who cares if a vast majority hold an opinion? That does not make it morally right. Hitler had his whole country behind him.

31 Jan 2014 15:10 #36 by LadyJazzer

Arlen wrote: So, don't let it bother you.

It doesn't...

Just knowing that people like you are in the minority and can't do anything about it makes me sleep better at night. Fortunately, YOUR sense of what is "morally right" or "wrong" is irrelevant.

31 Jan 2014 15:19 #37 by Arlen

LadyJazzer wrote:

Arlen wrote: So, don't let it bother you.

It doesn't...

Just knowing that people like you are in the minority and can't do anything about it makes me sleep better at night.

Don't fool yourself. 100 years from now, people will look back on this era and marvel at the inhumanity committed (56.6 million dead). Our culture will be judged much more harshly than any other in human history; the Inquisition, Salem witch hunt, the Holocaust, or any apartheid of any country.

If it didn't bother you would not answer any more than you would answer a barking dog. But your responses show that you cannot abide the condemnation and your conscience receives a soothing balm from consensus.

01 Feb 2014 14:02 #38 by bailey bud
and after 41 years - abortion is still murder.

Granted - it's legal murder (I'm not interested in wasting my time making legal arguments - I understand the courts think it's fine).

I'm not really interested in banning abortion - but I'd love to make it undesirable - and there's nothing illegal about that. Photos - posters - outing "doctors" that do these procedures - all fine by me.

01 Feb 2014 20:33 #39 by Pony Soldier
Maybe if women had more options besides getting an abortion or giving up a job, or giving up on education. Might actually reduce the number of abortions without having all these circular arguments.

01 Feb 2014 20:51 #40 by Arlen

towermonkey wrote: Maybe if women had more options besides getting an abortion or giving up a job, or giving up on education. Might actually reduce the number of abortions without having all these circular arguments.

People make their own options. Options are not given to them by the government, family, or friends.
Maybe if the women were not so self centered and were actually able to LOVE a baby, they would be unable to consider murdering them.
No one murders a baby because they do not have a TV for them to watch, or new clothes for them to wear, or fine food for them to eat, or great toys for them to play with, or nice cars for them to ride in.
They murder the baby because the baby is an inconvenience for the mother. Too much bother. Will cost her money. Will interfere with her night life. Will make her less desirable to the men. Will alienate her from her friends.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds