Donald Sterling Clipper NBA Team Owner Makes Racist Comment

28 Apr 2014 11:28 #11 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I just posted that link, and some of the text in the thread on "euthanizing bovine herds"... LOL

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be able to prove he's a Democrat... Imagine my surprise... :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2014 11:43 #12 by Something the Dog Said
Umm, it turns out that racist Donald Sterling NBA Team owner is a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN! Oh the horror, the humanity.
https://twitter.com/hiltzikm/status/460630816196804608
And those "major" Democrat fund raising that Fred claims he did? Turns out that was a grand total of $6000 over 20 years ago to former NBA player Bill Bradley and his friend Gray Davis.

Gee must really be embarrassing to be Fred and Bob.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

28 Apr 2014 11:48 #13 by LadyJazzer
...and a hush falls over the teabagger threads about the "racist Dem"...

[crickets]

28 Apr 2014 12:11 #14 by homeagain
Gee I guess a COUPLE of things need to be cleared up......has the tape been AUTHENTICATED?
also, I have to question the vetting (by the players,when they opted to play for the Clippers)...
per CNN BLACK commentator "this is not an isolated incident, it is well know within the industry
that Sterling has racist tendencies and the AGENTS of these players KNOW that fact." I have to
question WHY their agents did not tell them or WHY, if the players KNEW...did they opt to join?"
(paraphrasing this statement, but it is pretty accurate.).....

Another piece of information.....Sterling has been a lawyer and KNOWS the legal system, he has
been sued for housing discrimination and has won....(my understanding)....so this is multi-layered
and there are ALOT of questions that need answering (on MANY different levels)...but FIRST,
the tape needs to be authenticated....JMO

28 Apr 2014 12:14 #15 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote: Umm, it turns out that racist Donald Sterling NBA Team owner is a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN! Oh the horror, the humanity.
https://twitter.com/hiltzikm/status/460630816196804608
And those "major" Democrat fund raising that Fred claims he did? Turns out that was a grand total of $6000 over 20 years ago to former NBA player Bill Bradley and his friend Gray Davis.

Gee must really be embarrassing to be Fred and Bob.

A ESPN host, Colin Cowherd, on his morning show said Sterling was a registered Democrat. #Istandcorrected.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Apr 2014 12:18 #16 by ScienceChic
Agreed. And, honestly, I'm personally tired of the partisan-assigning of racism. Racists are racist because they hold prejudices against ethnicities, it has nothing to do with politics. There are racists in every political party (and sexists and ageists and religious intolerants, yada yada yada), there are party members who use ethnicity for personal gain or to further their causes, and it should all be denounced because it's wrong, not because it's an 'R' or a 'D' doing it. Pointing fingers and laughing that the other side did it HaHa is useless because all sides do it and not one group can stand the moral high ground (except maybe Buddhists...).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Apr 2014 12:21 #17 by FredHayek
And interesting to see the guy labeled a racist when his GF is half-black and he had paid hundreds of millions to black players and has hired African-American executives to run his organization.

28 Apr 2014 13:29 #18 by archer

FredHayek wrote: And interesting to see the guy labeled a racist when his GF is half-black and he had paid hundreds of millions to black players and has hired African-American executives to run his organization.

About as interesting as labeling a slave owner racist when he has fathered a few children with a female slave, and used black men to pick his cotton, and even allowe blacks in his home to care for his children and serve his meals. Just what exactly is considered racist to you Fred?

28 Apr 2014 13:51 #19 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: And interesting to see the guy labeled a racist when his GF is half-black and he had paid hundreds of millions to black players and has hired African-American executives to run his organization.

About as interesting as labeling a slave owner racist when he has fathered a few children with a female slave, and used black men to pick his cotton, and even allowe blacks in his home to care for his children and serve his meals. Just what exactly is considered racist to you Fred?

I guess there are all different kinds of racism, from the White Aryan Resistance types who want to see all "mud" races removed to those like Sterling who will use African-Americans as mistresses and ballplayers to make him money. Will even pay them tens of millions of dollars.

28 Apr 2014 14:00 #20 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: Agreed. And, honestly, I'm personally tired of the partisan-assigning of racism. Racists are racist because they hold prejudices against ethnicities, it has nothing to do with politics. There are racists in every political party (and sexists and ageists and religious intolerants, yada yada yada), there are party members who use ethnicity for personal gain or to further their causes, and it should all be denounced because it's wrong, not because it's an 'R' or a 'D' doing it. Pointing fingers and laughing that the other side did it HaHa is useless because all sides do it and not one group can stand the moral high ground (except maybe Buddhists...).

Exactly SC. I am laughing at the attitude of some on the left that only r's can be racist.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds