Donald Sterling Clipper NBA Team Owner Makes Racist Comment

04 May 2014 07:21 #81 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: For the same reason the TeaPublican's ignore the fact that 73% of Americans support the minimum wage but continue to vote it down and ignore it. It would seem that a 73% majority approval of something is not enough to stop the TeaPublicans in their mission to "do nothing."

But when a majority of Americans support voter ID you say they are all racists. (Despite electing an African American for POTUS twice.) :banghead: How about minimum wage determined by the state like Colorado does?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2014 08:34 #82 by LadyJazzer
You keep that "voter-ID" thing going...Sooner or later someone will believe you...

The courts are smart enough to know voter-suppression when they see it, and I'm still enjoying watching them roll it back in the states that try it...

Since you love to use the argument about "majority of people in polls", how about the TeaPublicans passing the minimum wage? Extension of the unemployment benefits? More money for the SNAP program? All enjoy poll majorities... Oh, wait, that would require the teabaggers to do something other than saying 'No'... My bad...

05 May 2014 14:40 #83 by FredHayek
And Sterling may come out smelling like a rose!
Looks like if he sells the Clippers voluntarily, he will have to pay hundreds of millions in capital gains, but if he is forced to sell the team like the Silver is demanding, he won't have to pay the taxes on it.
So if the LA Clippers are sold for a billion dollars, the man may get to skip around 200 million in federal taxes and possibly more California income taxes.

:HighFive: Every cloud has a "Silver" lining. (Pun intended.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds