Gotta wonder......

29 Nov 2014 11:24 #21 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Gotta wonder......

HEARTLESS wrote: Realistically, and taking a good hard look inside ourselves at our own personal biases, how would we be able to determine if any of them is a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun just by looking at them? How would our own belief systems help determine how we view each of these young men in this type of situation?

I don't see a potential killer behind every gun. A gun is a tool and the demeanor of the individual is all important (why the Aurora officers didn't react differently).

Again, does not answer the question of how you would be able to determine if the person carrying is a "good guy with a gun" or a "bad guy with a gun"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2014 11:25 - 29 Nov 2014 11:26 #22 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: It is my own personal belief we tend to think of gun "control" (and, for the record, gun "control" is an illusion as far as I'm concerned) from a perspective of whites ownership of guns from a more positive and responsible perception in more general terms than we do of other ethnic groups. In other words, we don't believe we need "control" when it comes to a more "white" population, but other ethnic groups? I'm not so sure we apply that same standard to them.

I do not think of gun control in your terms. The NRA has championed gun laws that don't discriminate based on race, but people have to look into it to find that out. Gun control is used by a government that fears its' own people, read corrupt or unjust government.

Ever hear of the Mulford Act?

Also, which NRA gun laws being championed are you talking about?

29 Nov 2014 12:07 #23 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Gotta wonder......
The NRA is an entity that is now 143 years old. There have been internal struggles for its control since its inception. Here is but one article about it in the post civil war era.
www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-04-18.html

The silent majority will be silent no more.

29 Nov 2014 14:37 #24 by HEARTLESS

ZHawke wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: Realistically, and taking a good hard look inside ourselves at our own personal biases, how would we be able to determine if any of them is a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun just by looking at them? How would our own belief systems help determine how we view each of these young men in this type of situation?

I don't see a potential killer behind every gun. A gun is a tool and the demeanor of the individual is all important (why the Aurora officers didn't react differently).

Again, does not answer the question of how you would be able to determine if the person carrying is a "good guy with a gun" or a "bad guy with a gun"?

Bad guy with a gun, they are shooting people. Good guy with a gun, moving through the running crowd, towards the sound of gunfire, to stop the violence. Simple enough?

29 Nov 2014 14:45 #25 by HEARTLESS
Before the gunfire starts. Good people with guns keep them holstered (handguns), are always muzzle conscious (never point at anything you are not willing to destroy) and above all, they act like the normal rational human beings they are. Bad guy with guns are looking to use it to commit a crime or crimes. They are likely alone or with someone else, acting suspicious.

29 Nov 2014 15:32 #26 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

Bad guy with a gun, they are shooting people. Good guy with a gun, moving through the running crowd, towards the sound of gunfire, to stop the violence. Simple enough?

Nope. Not good enough. Two people, both carrying, approach a school. One has malicious intent, the other does not. No shooting has begun. How do you, a bystander, tell the difference between the two just by looking at them?

29 Nov 2014 15:33 #27 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: Before the gunfire starts. Good people with guns keep them holstered (handguns), are always muzzle conscious (never point at anything you are not willing to destroy) and above all, they act like the normal rational human beings they are. Bad guy with guns are looking to use it to commit a crime or crimes. They are likely alone or with someone else, acting suspicious.

Still not good enough. Plenty of stories out there about good people literally killing themselves (one just recently in prep for the Ferguson riots).

29 Nov 2014 15:34 #28 by ZHawke

HEARTLESS wrote: The NRA is an entity that is now 143 years old. There have been internal struggles for its control since its inception. Here is but one article about it in the post civil war era.
www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-04-18.html

That isn't what I asked. Deflection?

29 Nov 2014 15:37 #29 by HEARTLESS
Wow, did you have a good BM and are all charged up now? I'm not looking for approval from someone with so little to offer, try again.

29 Nov 2014 15:39 #30 by HEARTLESS

ZHawke wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: Before the gunfire starts. Good people with guns keep them holstered (handguns), are always muzzle conscious (never point at anything you are not willing to destroy) and above all, they act like the normal rational human beings they are. Bad guy with guns are looking to use it to commit a crime or crimes. They are likely alone or with someone else, acting suspicious.

Still not good enough. Plenty of stories out there about good people literally killing themselves (one just recently in prep for the Ferguson riots).

Where is your link that you require of everyone else?

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds